Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

You all are attempting to apply logic where it does not exist. He will fight any result that has him losing. The margin will not matter. He will fight the results beyond what is considered reasonable and then fight past that too. I do not expect him to leave the WH until the military is making their way to the WH. But do not be surprised if that's in 2022 some time or beyond. He will get this thing tied up in litigation 7 ways from Sunday. It will be a complete mess. 

The problem is, and why logic does not apply here, he has no problem burning it all to the ground. If he feels betrayed - which any result with him losing will do that - he will want revenge. And even if he knows he lost he will burn it all to the ground, or at least try to. He is already trying to push into a civil war. 

The extent to which he actually gets away with it will depend on one very small group of people - the Republican Senators. If they let him do it, there is nothing anyone else can really do to stop him. If they stop being cowards, he will be shut down much earlier. But so far, the Rep Senators have not just remained cowards, they are full out enabling this total POS. I see no reason to think they will change. 

I see nothing but a long very bumpy ride ahead of us, to put in mildly. I just hope when all the smoke clears we have some semblance on our country still in tact. 

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

You all are attempting to apply logic where it does not exist. He will fight any result that has him losing. The margin will not matter. He will fight the results beyond what is considered reasonable and then fight past that too. I do not expect him to leave the WH until the military is making their way to the WH. But do not be surprised if that's in 2022 some time or beyond. He will get this thing tied up in litigation 7 ways from Sunday. It will be a complete mess. 

The problem is, and why logic does not apply here, he has no problem burning it all to the ground. If he feels betrayed - which any result with him losing will do that - he will want revenge. And even if he knows he lost he will burn it all to the ground, or at least try to. He is already trying to push into a civil war. 

The extent to which he actually gets away with it will depend on one very small group of people - the Republican Senators. If they let him do it, there is nothing anyone else can really do to stop him. If they stop being cowards, he will be shut down much earlier. But so far, the Rep Senators have not just remained cowards, they are full out enabling this total POS. I see no reason to think they will change. 

I see nothing but a long very bumpy ride ahead of us, to put in mildly. I just hope when all the smoke clears we have some semblance on our country still in tact. 

The only way he’s staying until 2022 is if the military keeps him there. If the election is in dispute on Jan.20, the speaker of the house becomes acting president I assume.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump will probably die in office if reelected.  I don't see Biden completing his full term. He will either resign due to decline mental capacity or some other health reason or he could die in office also.  Neither man will finish their term.

Just stop. There's absolutely no sign of mental decline in Biden. Ffs, its not like he's slurring his words and having trouble walking...all on video.

in today's progress in the march towards the dark tyranny ala the thread title, our trumpy dni has just announced that the agencies will stop doing the regular briefing of any congressional oversight committees on any matters of Intel on election interference

they will of course continue providing written reports as required by law,  but losing the q & a for congress on the material in a report is obviously crippling and once again unprecedented or so the intel peeps are saying

i can guess the cover reason they'll give if they bother

this, and increasingly worse, is the kind of thing many---inc me--are saying to expect from goper world every day until they're out, if we can get them out...and for me that's an "all-in" deal and i mean exactly that

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The only way he’s staying until 2022 is if the military keeps him there. If the election is in dispute on Jan.20, the speaker of the house becomes acting president I assume.

Not if the vote is contested based on mail in votes. And then it depends on if the contest by state or as a whole. If it's the entire vote, then all the house seats are open, no winners. And their terms are up before the presidents. It then falls to the president Pro Tempore of the Senate - Chuck Grassley - Rep. In fact Nancy is the only Dem on the list through #17! 

Not putting some treachery part them either. Very glad to be wrong here. But I just do not see a rosy ending here at all. 

Had to end a phone conversation with my parents because they were so msnbc'd out they were trying to convince me the world was going to end if Trump won and I needed to take it seriously.

I don't need that for my anxiety, trying to calm them down didn't work and I started taking meds again since getting back from New Mexico, I ended the call, I gave up. 

Do your part and vote, this isn't complicated, don't let yourself get liberal fox news'd thinking that's the necessary step to taking this seriously.

**** you MSNBC.

I decided to early vote in person. I'll wear mask and gloves, and take a stylus with me for almost hands free voting. This election is too important. 

Urge people to vote early is possible so they don't have to stand in long lines. Research all avenues for voting. But vote!

9 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

America has devolved into little more than a corporate cabal and surveillance state and the Franklin Delano Roosevelt's of the world - people actually capable of righting this ship are mere relics. We're devoid of leadership at all levels.

I think there's truth to this, but I still resist it. I think there are politicians trying to do the right thing. Problem is, McConnell and the Republicans in the Senate have effectively neutered Congress. The Trump and McConnell conspiracy have shown how few people it takes to tear down checks and balances.

The sad thing is, if there five Republicans were willing to stand up to McConnell/Trump, we'd be in a much better place.

9 hours ago, visionary said:
I guess I wasn't really sure what you were saying.   Specifically the last line (before **** you MSNBC) confused me.

I was venting, i believe some people a radicalized into such an extreme version of hating this man that its impossible to have reasonable conversations about Trump.

Dad called back and apologized, he was venting, and i told him he was listening to respond and not listening when I said it was starting to trigger a panic attack, something I haven't had in a long time since in was given lithium despite not wanting it. I had to hang up on him.

I'm still trying to calm down, going to log off after this.

We cannot talk to each other in person like we do on the internet. How we talk to each other on the internet is getting out of control as well. There are folks that watch MSNBC like church and its jus one person blasting Trump after the other, is anger really the only emotion left we have to convince ourselves to go vote for Biden?

Anger is a powerful emotion that gets **** done but is more flammable then gasoline. This election is destroying relationships and destroying families and that was jus too close to home for me. 

We hashed it out, thats what matters.

Will we even know by Inauguration Day who won the election?  

>>>

Political commentators are warning Americans not to expect to learn on election night who won the 2020 presidential election because it will take days or even weeks to count the expected surge in mail-in ballots. 

Actually, we will be lucky if we know who won by January 20, 2021, which is Inauguration Day.  That is one scary takeaway from electoral “war games” conducted in June by a bipartisan group of political operatives, former government officials and experts organized by the Transition Integrity Project. The simulated election crisis scenarios make the 2000 Florida recount in Bush v. Gore look like a political lovefest..........<<<<

Archived