Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

We know Biden is going to win the popular vote. We know more actual individuals will vote for him.  I am hoping the battleground states don't tighten too much.  Are there currently any states polling worse for Biden than they did for Hillary at the same time?

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

We know Biden is going to win the popular vote. We know more actual individuals will vote for him.  I am hoping the battleground states don't tighten too much.  Are there currently any states polling worse for Biden than they did for Hillary at the same time?

Not any of the battleground states. 

25 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

the concern I have is that Trump won by less than 1% in those 3 critical states that decided the election. Biden currently leading by 5-7 represents a massive swing in those states so I can’t be confident it will hold. It will tighten a lot imo and and turn into another squeaker. I just can’t believe we are seeing that much of a swing 

I kind of feel more confident with Harris leading the charge when addressing the protests and violence.  She is younger, more vibrant, and feels like she will handle herself better from the pushback.

On the other hand, the right wing media still can't make up their mind as to whether to attack Biden for being the guy who locks every minority up or the guy who will let cities fall apart from riots.  So instead they are just saying both things simultaneously.

It is truly nonsensical. 

38 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yeah there really seems to be way too many symptoms of some sort of health issue to be a coincidence. And a lot of it appeared to start after that mystery visit to Walter Reed. He was never a particularly good speaker or exactly fleet of foot, but before that he didn't have the slurring of words, muscle/arm tics, dragging of his right leg, and balance problems. He mangled words sometimes because he's a moron, and morons tend to do that sort of thing, but it wasn't the consistent type of slur we hear nowadays.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I kind of feel more confident with Harris leading the charge when addressing the protests and violence.  She is younger, more vibrant, and feels like she will handle herself better from the pushback.

On the other hand, the right wing media still can't make up their mind as to whether to attack Biden for being the guy who locks every minority up or the guy who will let cities fall apart from riots.  So instead they are just saying both things simultaneously.

It is truly nonsensical. 

They're taking their lead from Trump and his people...who clearly have absolutely no idea or coherent strategy. They want to knock Joe for being a part of the "radical left" but then talk about how he turns off more liberal voters. They want to knock Harris for being one of the "radical leftists" controlling Joe but then talk about how as a prosecutor she was too tough on minority defendants. They want everyone to believe that the country is going to hell at 100 mph, but at the same time it's super awesome because of everything Trump has done. Everything is ****ed up, but everything is awesome so re-elect the guy who ****ed it all up because he actually secretly made it awesome and will fix all the stuff he ****ed up but not really because nothing is ever his responsibility or fault. 

It's completely and utterly incoherent but the sad part is that it simply doesn't matter to his base. He could claim that Biden is simultaneously black, martian, a trans woman, and a KKK member who moonlights as a gay singing parrot on Sesame Street and they'd scream and cheer and defend what Trump claimed to the end of their days as factual.

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Allahpundit has a blog entry today that talks about a new poll by the Trafalgar Group has Trump ahead by over 1 in Michigan, just under 1 in Wisconsin, and behind by under 1 in Minnesota. Trafalgar is right leaning, but did predict that Trump in 2016 would pick up the Rust Belt states that a lot of others, including 538, thought were solidly in Hillary's bag.

However, he also mentions the USC Dornsife poll, which actually predicted a Trump victory in the popular vote in 2016 (we know that didn't happen), has Biden up 12 in the PV.

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/08/28/trafalgar-poll-trump-now-leads-two-michigan/

While Biden will win the popular vote by 3 to 5 million; his margin of victory in the key swings states will be as narrow as Trump's was, if he wins.

Most of Biden's popular vote victory will be from a surge in blue area voting.

The state by state margins though will be a lot closer in the states that are competitive.

Biden may win one, two or all 3 midwest states back; but his margin of victory will be narrow.  The long term trend is for those states to be red, as they have a less diverse population that the south.  Southern/Western states like Arizona, Texas, etc... are trending blue in the long term.

It wouldn't shock me if Joe won the presidency by winning Florida and Arizona and maybe only winning 1 of the 3 midwest states.

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

I really have no idea whether to feel heartened by this or terrified that it may be something legitimately under consideration by some.

Just feel good they making clear they won't, we already knew certain folks we're considering it.

He doesn't stand a chance without the military, full stop.  We looking at mess at best if he loses, but he gone if he does. 

He's better off resigning and running then looking himself in the White House.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Just feel good they making clear they won't, we already knew certain folks we're considering it.

He doesn't stand a chance without the military, full stop.  We looking at mess at best if he loses, but he gone if he does. 

He's better off resigning and running then looking himself in the White House.

It depends on the margin of his loss.   

If it's a close loss; I can see him fighting this well into the new year.  My scenario of acting president having to take over on Jan. 20, coming true.

If he loses in a convincing way or a landslide loss; he will **** and moan for a couple of weeks.  He will then pardon everyone he needs to pardon, including himself and resign by Thanksgiving and let Pence finish the term.

I saw a scenario where all the states that were won by Trump in 2016 go his way except for Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. However, in that scenario, if Minnesota flips to Trump, he is reelected by 270-268. Can you imagine?

People talk about the concern over Biden not finishing his term if victorious, but I still think there is a very good chance Trump would not serve out a full second term if he is elected again.

11 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I saw a scenario where all the states that were won by Trump in 2016 go his way except for Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. However, in that scenario, if Minnesota flips to Trump, he is reelected by 270-268. Can you imagine?

People talk about the concern over Biden not finishing his term if victorious, but I still think there is a very good chance Trump would not serve out a full second term if he is elected again.

If Minnesota flips to Trump, then he is winning Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and probably Michigan also.

It would be funny if Trump wins Minnesota and the other 3 midwestern states again but he loses the presidency because he lost Florida, Arizona, North Carolina and/or Texas.

Trump will probably die in office if reelected.  I don't see Biden completing his full term. He will either resign due to decline mental capacity or some other health reason or he could die in office also.  Neither man will finish their term.

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It depends on the margin of his loss.   

If it's a close loss; I can see him fighting this well into the new year.  My scenario of acting president having to take over on Jan. 20, coming true.

If he loses in a convincing way or a landslide loss; he will **** and moan for a couple of weeks.  He will then pardon everyone he needs to pardon, including himself and resign by Thanksgiving and let Pence finish the term.

This isn't too far off from where I'm at.

The margin of victory determines the size of temper tantrum, but so TF what if he actually leaves?

When we look at all these videos of Bidens America realizing it's the current Trump America, we've already been through a spike that made DC look like a scene from Hollywood.  That could happen again, but we got thought that.

Go check your bunker and come back and concede, bamma.

as-washington-dc-burns-trump-hides-2.png

Archived