Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

It's silly that the right-wing media is whining about the "different treatment by the moderators"  As if Trump should just be allowed to blatantly lie and the moderator just sits there and allows it.   Trump gets asked so many questions that would be absolutely layups for anyone, liberal or conservative, that aren't batshiiii crazy, but because he is who he is, it turns into a confrontation.  Stuff like the Qanon question, the data behind the masks, covid stuff....etc etc etc.....those are not questions that should ever even lead to follow ups and back & forths, but Trump opens himself up to it by the way he cant acknowledge reality.

Contrast that with how Biden answers a question on say, court-packing.  Now, we know as a politician he sort of is going to have to speak out of both sides of his mouth to appease the entire (D) party, but he does it by giving a long thought-out answer that is very much in line with how politicians do political-speech.   Imagine if instead when asked the question, he lashed out at the moderator, pretending he didn't know what court packing was, said he never heard of it, and said "Hillary's emails were the real court-packers" 

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Speaking of the "pro-family" or "family values" stuff...everyone knows it means "anti-gay".

I remember in 2004 when Bush was running for re-election. I was at work with a guy who I knew was conservative but was a bit on the fence; very religious guy. He said he'd decided to vote for Bush. I asked what was the main thing that put him over and he said "family values". So I asked what exactly that meant. He couldn't explain it. I finally grew exasperated and said "Come on, Louis. You know it means anti-gay". He insisted it didn't, but still absolutely could not give me any actual definition of what "family values" even meant. So yeah, he was anti-gay.

For republican politics yes.  It shouldn’t though.  Family values do matter and it’s not hard to identify the issues.  Here’s a short list (in no particular order)

1- elderly care

2- health care

3- teen pregnancy reduction

4- birth rate

5- child care

6- discouraging children out of wedlock and anything else that increases single parent households which are widely known to disadvantage children

7- domestic violence reduction.

8- child welfare 

9- access to education.

10- access to birth control.

11- stopping criminal groups that recruit children.

12- schools lunch programs 

13- teaching and promoting some sort of morals and ethics at every grade level.  

These are all things undeniably related to family values.  You know what isn’t?  Shrieking about gay agendas.

Biden did get difficult questions, the court-packing one in particular.  But, because of his experience and professionalism, he knew the question was coming and was prepared for it.  Trump gets pissed off when he gets asked tough questions, but its not like they aren't obvious questions.  Pence really had no trouble giving decent-sounding answers to tough questions, or at least to know they are coming and have a planned pivot to safer ground.  Trump doesn't prepare because he's lazy and stupid, and it shows.  

In 2016, he actually jabbed at Hillary for preparing for a debate and she skewered him.  And that very much holds true today.  It is remarkably dangerous for the POTUS to just fly by the seat of his very stupid pants. 

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

For republican politics yes.  It shouldn’t though.  Family values do matter and it’s not hard to identify the issues.  Here’s a short list (in no particular order)

1- elderly care

2- health care

3- teen pregnancy reduction

4- birth rate

5- child care

6- discouraging children out of wedlock and anything else that increases single parent households which are widely known to disadvantage children

7- domestic violence reduction.

8- child welfare 

9- access to education.

10- access to birth control.

11- stopping criminal groups that recruit children.

12- schools lunch programs 

13- teaching and promoting some sort of morals and ethics at every grade level.  

These are all things undeniably related to family values.  You know what isn’t?  Shrieking about gay agendas.

You might add something that affects more than 50% of the population, women's bodily autonomy.

I'm STILL waiting to hear how Trump plans to protect people with preexisting conditions. 

His health care plan, as far as I can tell, is "It's going to be great, better than Obamacare, which was a disaster."  That's it.  That's the extent of what he's told us, for 4 years, about his supposed health care plan.

**** him.

When its said and done the Republicans will just put up the same Tom Price health plan they've put up for the last 8+ years 

Preexisting conditions will be covered for people if they have at least 18 months concurrent coverage.

(Going to go swimmingly with millions unemployed right now) 

Trump has had four years of "Obamacare is awful, we have a better plan" to come up with something better and tell people.  Seriously, if he had any kind of favorable plan it's common sense he would reveal it going INTO the election as a selling point for his 2nd term agenda.  The media should be hammering him more on this, but the usual passiveness or distracting on other things win out.

"It's going to be great, and it's going to be very fast" is basically his answer to everything. I wonder how many of his stock phrases would work as humor if we read them as applying to The Sex. Like, is this what he said to Stormy?

49 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'm STILL waiting to hear how Trump plans to protect people with preexisting conditions. 

His health care plan, as far as I can tell, is "It's going to be great, better than Obamacare, which was a disaster."  That's it.  That's the extent of what he's told us, for 4 years, about his supposed health care plan.

**** him.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He also claims that he'll release his amazing healthcare plan "very soon."  He's been saying very soon for nearly 4 years.  He claims he's going to release an amazing healthcare plan within 2 weeks more often than he has Infrastructure Week.

How dare you disrespect Infrastructure Week!

Heathen.

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He also claims that he'll release his amazing healthcare plan "very soon."  He's been saying very soon for nearly 4 years.  He claims he's going to release an amazing healthcare plan within 2 weeks more often than he has Infrastructure Week.

His healthcare plan is a legislative oddity, 2 weeks from everywhere

image.png.0d844749e1a93bb8cbcc7ce811913923.png

All this was obvious 4 years ago.  I feel like a broken record.  I don't even know how Trump has survived as a "successful businessman".... is it all inheritance?

I remember people talking him up like, "he is one of the smartest people I know, he will learn this job and be a great President."  Were they bound to lie by contract?  

How does he still even have people willing to be on staff for him? Everyone who worked for him and was loyal to him needs to get the Kaepernick treatment.  

I want to know why no one is pushing Trump on his infrastructure bill??  Didn't he declare Infrastructure week or month or some other bull****? WHere is the infrastructure bill?  Why are Dems not pounding this? Warren was not my first choice overall but her approach to infrastructure as way to combat climate change by investing infrastructure money into technology that will also reduce our carbon footprint was brilliant! Why is no one talking about it???  They need to be killing trump on his failure and it should be a central point of focus along with healthcare to the next administration. Just a thought. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I want to know why no one is pushing Trump on his infrastructure bill??  Didn't he declare Infrastructure week or month or some other bull****? WHere is the infrastructure bill?  Why are Dems not pounding this? Warren was not my first choice overall but her approach to infrastructure as way to combat climate change by investing infrastructure money into technology that will also reduce our carbon footprint was brilliant! Why is no one talking about it???  They need to be killing trump on his failure and it should be a central point of focus along with healthcare to the next administration. Just a thought. 

It's not just Trump it's the Republicans in the Senate and House too who do nothing. I'll bet that Pelosi would welcome an infrastructure bill, if it's not another giveaway to huge businesses instead of local businesses. Do you trust Republicans to do what's right instead of the 1%ers giveaways? The deficit is now $3.1 trillion mostly because of the huge giveaway of the tax bill and the first recovery bill without safeguards and pay backs. Pelosi is right to not now negotiate with these thieves.

11 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

All this was obvious 4 years ago.  I feel like a broken record.  I don't even know how Trump has survived as a "successful businessman".... is it all inheritance?

I remember people talking him up like, "he is one of the smartest people I know, he will learn this job and be a great President."  Were they bound to lie by contract?  

How does he still even have people willing to be on staff for him? Everyone who worked for him and was loyal to him needs to get the Kaepernick treatment.  

the apprentice is really the only thing that paints him a successful businessman. 5+ bankruptcies (on types of businesses that are very hard to bankrupt), multiple companies closed due to fraud, dozens of stories of unpaid bills to contractors and other creditors... he's FAR from being a good businessman

i know someone who is in charge for commercial real estate for a major bank (top 5 in the US) and said theyve been burned by him and wont even give him a loan anymore, but knows a lot of banks that still will. even after the bankruptcies and unpaid debts. its crazy

15 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Everybody he's with for more than 10 minutes has to sign an NDA.  Everybody who worked for him. Family members had to sign. He even made the doctors at Walter Reed who treated him for COVID sign an NDA.  No ****.

Archived