Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Roster Prediction

CTskin

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

I don't think you've seen the Redskins. CB is actually one of the few positions of good depth. And Fuller and Moreau don't have upside? Hell, a guy like Holsey has some too. Plus I doubt Haden wants to come here,he has his suitors

Holsey is all over the place in pre-season, he looks like a CB version of Kyshoen Jarrett.  Nickel, Deep FS, blitzing.  He's got what 2 sacks in 3 pre-season games?  The coaches clearly think he can develop into something.

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Holsey is all over the place in pre-season, he looks like a CB version of Kyshoen Jarrett.  Nickel, Deep FS, blitzing.  He's got what 2 sacks in 3 pre-season games?  The coaches clearly think he can develop into something.

I liked Hosely when we drafted him.  I also like Fish Smithson and hope he ends up on our practice squad.  I (said this in another thread) really think the back end may become the strength of our team.  Did you see Montae hitting?  Soft???  He was realllly overlooked, as was Hosley, and some Fabian guy :). We just need some more good fat boys.  Wouldn't it be odd if we became a defensively oriented team?  I've always enjoyed it when our teams had a good defense....my favorite teams. This draft may be special down the road, we shall see. Hail  *Hosley is a perfect slot corner guy. It is a very important position going forward in the NFL*

15 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I liked Hosely when we drafted him.  I also like Fish Smithson and hope he ends up on our practice squad.  I (said this in another thread) really think the back end may become the strength of our team.  Did you see Montae hitting?  Soft???  He was realllly overlooked, as was Hosley, and some Fabian guy :). We just need some more good fat boys.  Wouldn't it be odd if we became a defensively oriented team?  I've always enjoyed it when our teams had a good defense....my favorite teams. This draft may be special down the road, we shall see. Hail  *Hosley is a perfect slot corner guy. It is a very important position going forward in the NFL*

Yeah, love seeing good defense from this team.  On the flip side, I hated that stretch of our good D with a pathetic offense.  Remember that Dallas game when we lead 7-3 (I think?  Or was it 9-3?) and Romo threw a TD at the very end of the game?  That was beyond frustrating.  And I watched it with a Cowboys fan... ugh.  

Wow, they cut Dunbar and Brown...kept Sudfeld

Redskins Cut to 53

Final Cuts:

redskins_logo.jpg

Washington Redskins

Cuts to 53: LB Houston Bates, WR Reggie Bell, RB Mack Brown, FB Jordan Campbell, OT Takoby Cofield, DE Corey Crawford, DB DaMon Cromartie-Smith, S Akeem Davis, WR/CB Quinton Dunbar, TE Je'Ron Hamm, LB Sage Harold, C/G Tyler Larsen, WR Colin Lockett, LB Terrance Plummer, C Auatin Reiter, DL Travian Robertson, WR Evan Spencer, DL Robert Thomas, TE D.J. Williams, RB Trey Williams, DT Jerrell Powe

Cuts to 75: TE Ernst Brun, LB Dyshawn Davis, TE Chase Dixon, CB Tajh Hasson, LB Alonzo Highsmith, CB DreQuan Hoskey, WR Tony Jones, K Ty Long, TE Devin Mahina, G Bryce Quigley, OT Willie Smith, CB Thomas Wolfe, CB Bryan McCann

30 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Wow, they cut Dunbar and Brown...kept Sudfeld

Redskins Cut to 53

Final Cuts:

redskins_logo.jpg

Washington Redskins

Cuts to 53: LB Houston Bates, WR Reggie Bell, RB Mack Brown, FB Jordan Campbell, OT Takoby Cofield, DE Corey Crawford, DB DaMon Cromartie-Smith, S Akeem Davis, WR/CB Quinton Dunbar, TE Je'Ron Hamm, LB Sage Harold, C/G Tyler Larsen, WR Colin Lockett, LB Terrance Plummer, C Auatin Reiter, DL Travian Robertson, WR Evan Spencer, DL Robert Thomas, TE D.J. Williams, RB Trey Williams, DT Jerrell Powe

Cuts to 75: TE Ernst Brun, LB Dyshawn Davis, TE Chase Dixon, CB Tajh Hasson, LB Alonzo Highsmith, CB DreQuan Hoskey, WR Tony Jones, K Ty Long, TE Devin Mahina, G Bryce Quigley, OT Willie Smith, CB Thomas Wolfe, CB Bryan McCann

Last year

The bills cut Rambo. That should about wrap up his career.

Chicago cut Victor Cruz...A little surprised by that one.

Philly cut Tyler Orlosky. I really liked him in the draft this year.

San Fran cut Matt Barkley. I will interested to see if he makes it through to their PS.

Thats about all I have on the transactions that have been made public so far. Mostly very young guys cut so far. But A LOT of teams havent done anything yet.

34 minutes ago, campbellcooleyconnection said:

How bout looking at Fitzgerald Touissant?

Toussaint seems okay, but I think the question is over who? The most likely outcome is to keep 3 running backs and would you keep Toussaint over Thompson, Perine, or Kelley? If you would, then you cut one and make the move. If not, then you're passing on him in all likelihood. You could keep 4 running backs, but if you did you'd really want one of them to be an excellent special teams player. Toussaint being cut is a prime example of why keeping 4 RBs seems like overkill. There's decent talent available out there.

We cut mbu and francis wtf? We better have our sites set at picking up a possible NT. If we plan on running hood out there...

Other notable cuts, robert davis, mo harris, nico, suds, hazel, roberston. 

Surprise makes are stephon mcclure and mack brown.

It's most likely all depth, but Im disappointed.

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Big surprise non cut, I think I was the only one that thought he had a chance... Brian Quick. Young WRs are easy come easy go in this league. If they don't log 20 catches in their first 2 years.... see ya.

Over Mo Harris and Robert Davis, only keeping five, yeah big surprise. Best of luck to him. 

Archived