Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Share those pics part 2

PCS

5 hours ago, TK said:

I need to get around to finishing that one. I want to light up the chest & belt boxes. 

For these shots w the cool (bluish) backgrounds I recommend a cheep LED light. They photograph more blue and will help match the figure to the background. And don't forget to identify the light source in the photo and match the direction w your figure light. Probably things you already know but I like what you are doing and just wanted to throw it out there just in case. :)

If you want to play in 3D you can get started cheap. Daz 3D is a free download. Where they get you is content. But if you look for sales and bargains you can at least dip your toes in the water for very little investment.  

• 2 months later...

Sorry about the camera. That does suck. Nikon's,(though it's been around for awhile). As for the new one,that really depends on you and what,in the short and long run you want to do with this next camera. Hobby but want to take really nice pics then this one probably wouldn't be a bad choice. An APS-C type of sensor,(but a nice one),should take a very good pic,(depending on lens of course). If you go refurbished,make sure,(stating obvious here),that the seller has good rep and stays away from gray market stuff. If you want to hedge your bets and want something that'll last longer,get a new one. I personally look at refurbished lenses not camera bodies when I'm looking for new stuff. DPreview and Cnet,(they hardly like anything so good reviews there are a good thing ;) ),are good spots to check out before buying a new one. Just my 2 cents. :) 

Some pics from our trip this past weekend to visit our son in college in Ithaca, NY:

Ithaca Falls:

1EULJYC.jpg

Lower Buttermilk Falls:

HGx4BnU.jpg

Further up Buttermilk Falls:

lMNMWnI.jpg

Taughannock Falls (215 foot waterfall):

WRZNo5g.jpg

View of Cayuga Lake from McGraw Tower:

UsHrcgv.jpg

38 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Can anyone recommend a decent budget camera to photograph my paintings? I don't want to do a website without professional looking photos, but I also don't want to sink much moulah into what is essentially a hobby.

Believe it or not, I've used my smartphone for commercial purposes. the trick is to get a tripod so you reduce the jiggle as much as possible. Also, go outside on a partly cloudy day if you don't have good lighting set up. the biggest trick I find is getting rid of the paralex (making the rectangles rectangles. Often, if my angle is just slightly off, the shape of the canvas looks somewhat altered.

Mind you, there are far better photographers than me in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived