Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Callahan and the Offensive Line

joeken24

It’s going to be fascinating seeing who starts tomorrow on the O’line. Could be 3 new starters, almost certainly 2.

If Bill can get the line to protect Kirk tomorrow and do enough in the run game to allow us to run play action he will deserve a big raise. 

16 minutes ago, MartinC said:

It’s going to be fascinating seeing who starts tomorrow on the O’line. Could be 3 new starters, almost certainly 2.

If Bill can get the line to protect Kirk tomorrow and do enough in the run game to allow us to run play action he will deserve a big raise. 

I thought Long was the only starter who was out

1 hour ago, benskins26 said:

So far Long, and reports of Trent. And possibly Scherff and Moses as well. Nightmare. How many teams are able to win games with 4/5 lineman out? 

Just unbelievable.  I had been worried that Nsheke's injury would affect us, but man oh man, sure didn't see this coming....

I can't even look really look forward to seeing Roullier play - this is like being thrown into the fire doused in lighter fluid.  Ugh.  

15 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Just unbelievable.  I had been worried that Nsheke's injury would affect us, but man oh man, sure didn't see this coming....

I can't even look really look forward to seeing Roullier play - this is like being thrown into the fire doused in lighter fluid.  Ugh.  

Yeah ditto on Nsheke.  We are used to Trent missing some games and we typically don't miss a beat because of Nsheke.  His injury really hurts.  I notice at times the Cowboys like to stunt like mad against our O line -- I gather they think that's Callahan's teaching weakness?   I say that because I recall before the first matchup between the teams, a Cowboy coach was asked about the Callahan factor and his response was yeah he knows our personnel but we know him so it evens out.  That game they ended up stunting like mad.

I'd presume that approach will go double today considering we got a rookie starting at center.

11 hours ago, MartinC said:

11 hours ago, carex said:

I thought Long was the only starter who was out

Two things that we have working on our behalf even with a banged up O-line.  The Cowboys will be licking their chops knowing the injury situation and will become extra agressive.  Whats the remedy for aggresive defenses?  The screen play to Thompson!!  Thats the most effective play we have in our playbook.

The second thing we have going in our favor is the bad weather that is supposed to come.  The footing wont be as clean for the Cowboys pass rush.

15 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Two things that we have working on our behalf even with a banged up O-line.  The Cowboys will be licking their chops knowing the injury situation and will become extra agressive.  Whats the remedy for aggresive defenses?  The screen play to Thompson!!  Thats the most effective play we have in our playbook.

The second thing we have going in our favor is the bad weather that is supposed to come.  The footing wont be as clean for the Cowboys pass rush.

Maybe with our starting OL. With subs? Remains to be seen...

3 hours ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Nah. They will rush 4 or 5 and sit on the short routes. They will expect to have someone win against backups without much blitzing. They will stunt a lot though, try to confuse inexperienced players. They will give us some deep shot oppprtunities though, dare Kirk to hold it.

Finally screen passes require your O’line to be in synch and good in space. 

6 hours ago, redskinss said:

I am here to say that I officially put no blame on kirk for his horrible performance today. 

It's incredibly difficult to throw touchdowns with your face in the dirt. 

Yet it won't stop some from saying we need to move on from him.  

Lots of changes have needed to be made to that line, predating Callahan. It's slowly being done, but not completely to my liking. But then again, it takes time to get all the parts. I'll be watching Roullier closely this Sunday. I want to see what the guy can do. If Long can eventually move over to LG, our interior could be in good shape for a while. I've never been sold on Moses, and doubt that anything will change in that regard.

Archived