Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nationwide Removal of Confederate Statues

No Excuses

Just seeing the words Lost Cause should trigger you to realizing you're about to read a bunch of mental gymnastics and outright lies. Also, one thing people need to understand that shouldn't have to be explained – just because something is reactionary doesn't mean it's wrong. Yes, we're reacting to an incident in Charlottesville, but yes, these statues should've probably already been removed.

Only in America has the losing side been able to rewrite history for so long. Amazing for a nation that has proven to value winning at basically all costs.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 3

The idiocy comes to my town!

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/article168613042.html

Commission votes to move Confederate monument from courthouse

BY HANNAH MORSE

hemorse@bradenton.com

AUGUST 22, 2017 11:41 AM

BRADENTON 

The Manatee County Commission decided to move the Confederate monument from historic courthouse grounds into storage Tuesday after an evening of protests and marches.

The motion was carefully crafted out of concern for the safety of Manatee County residents and to ensure the statue would be moved to an “equally prominent and respectful place” that would be determined in a later public meeting. The Veterans Memorial Park in Bradenton and Gamble Plantation Historic State Park in Ellenton were offered as suggestions.

I actually much prefer that over removal. Let them exist in shame just like those people who would praise the efforts to go back to the 40's 

Best Idea yet though is to counter them with newer, much bigger, statues of people who helped bring the would together.

• Like 4

I just came up with a great argument for these ****tard traitors to our country (which I am sure has been brought about way better than me)...

How can you be sympathetic to the Confederacy AND be the party of Lincoln?

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

I just came up with a great argument for these ****tard traitors to our country (which I am sure has been brought about way better than me)...

How can you be sympathetic to the Confederacy AND be the party of Lincoln?

Lincoln was a traitor like Hillary. 

Im way to good at that. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Lincoln was a traitor like Hillary. 

Im way to good at that. 

The republicans like to tout Lincoln to prove to people that they aren't racists though (let's not mention that the parties essentially flipped platforms in the 1900's).

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well, at least you can claim a senior moment if you hit anyone with your car.

Sheesh.  Old folks driving through crowds of people doesn't even make the front page down here. 

But a new soup on the 4 pm early bird buffet??!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Poor Bradenton.  Their beloved pro-treason/pro-slavery, 5 ft tall black obelisk was really the only thing that swamphole had going for it.

Mojo to the residents.

I suppose that insulting post was meant to get a rise out of me.  I like this swamp hole.  You should come spend time here and meet the locals.  

It it would probably change your opinion on a lot of issues 

• Like 1