Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

17 hours ago, Destino said:

Murder is bad, assault is bad.  We don't have to pretend Antifa is good simply because they aren't as bad as the more violent white nationalists.  They're not and they clearly aren't nearly as dangerous, but responding to political speech with violence is bad and also should have no place in our society. 

I read that many Antifa members are teachers.  Pro-violence has no place in schools, they should all be fired immediately. 

Your posts seem to be getting more and more simplistic and reactionary.  

Even though people have explained it to you, you don't acknowledge any difference between the thousands and thousands of non-violent and generally unorganized protesters who call themselves anti-fascists, and the much smaller group of "black box" anarchists who show up ostensibly to to protect the non-violent protesters FROM violence (and sometimes commit violence themselves).   

After all this time, several people in this thread don't seem to understand the basics of what they are talking about (or in the case of twa, they just don't care).   Antifa is getting smeared just the same way that Black Lives Matter got smeared a couple of years ago, and ACORN got smeared a few years before that.  The smearing is turning out to be just as effective now as it was then.   

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Or, to sum it up once again

Nazis: We want genocide

Antifa:  What the?  We will oppose you.

BLM:  Please stop killing us.

ACORN: It would be nice to register as many people as possible to vote.

White Suburban Centrist Voters: I cannot see any difference between these scary groups. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Predicto said:

White Suburban Centrist Voters: I cannot see any difference between these scary groups. 

Hang on....i always remembered that ACORN did some really bad stuff. Going to investigate (Google it) 

9 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Or, to sum it up once again

Nazis: We want genocide

Antifa:  What the?  We will oppose you.

BLM:  Please stop killing us.

I'm stealing that for Facebook. 

18 hours ago, tshile said:

Antifa is far more than just 'disagreeing with the president' and I don't think it's wise to pretend otherwise.

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

So what you've taken away from this, is that I and others see no difference between Nazis, Antifa, BLM, and ACORN?

:silly:

Well from an earlier post today you've shown that you think Antifa and the Black Bloc people are one in the same. So which is it?

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

WHO do they disagree with?

Facism isn't cool.  Racism isn't cool.  Nazism isn't cool.  Nationalism isn't cool.  Have they shown that they counter anything but groups that wish to oppress?

That said, facism (like terrorism) is a subjective term and can be twisted to suit antifa' needs.

Yes. 

As far as I can tell (and fill me on if this is incorrect), Boston and Berkeley weren't nazi or racist rallies. Boston had like 20 people with black lives do matter signs, supporting an Indian immigrants running for some political office. Berkeley was explicitly anti racist, anti hate. 

Antifa crashed both events with violence. 

Even the Washington post reported it this way -" Black-clad antifa members attack peaceful right-wing demonstrators in Berkeley"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/28/black-clad-antifa-attack-right-wing-demonstrators-in-berkeley/

I agree with the last part you posted. The name is ironic. 'Fascist'  seems to have become 'anyone we don't like' 

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

So what you've taken away from this, is that I and others see no difference between Nazis, Antifa, BLM, and ACORN?

:silly:

No, but what I am taking away from this is that you and others are easily manipulated into false equivalencies.

Antifa is similarly violent and dangerous as Nazis because a few of the people who show up at huge Antifa rallies go there to get into fights with Nazis. 

BLM's concerns are illegitimate and BLM is as scary as criminal gangs because every once in a while, one self-styled BLM leader says something provocative, and a few of the people who show up at BLM rallies use the rallies as an excuse to break stuff.

etc

Edited by Predicto
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hang on....i always remembered that ACORN did some really bad stuff. Going to investigate (Google it) 

Have fun.  You will find a big pile of nothing (other than the fact that the right wing media whipped up a fake controversy).   It was the 2009 version of Benghazi.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grego said:

Yes. 

As far as I can tell (and fill me on if this is incorrect), Boston and Berkeley weren't nazi or racist rallies. Boston had like 20 people with black lives do matter signs, supporting an Indian immigrants running for some political office. Berkeley was explicitly anti racist, anti hate. 

Antifa crashed both events with violence. 

Even the Washington post reported it this way -" Black-clad antifa members attack peaceful right-wing demonstrators in Berkeley"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/28/black-clad-antifa-attack-right-wing-demonstrators-in-berkeley/

I agree with the last part you posted. The name is ironic. 'Fascist'  seems to have become 'anyone we don't like' 

Please. Patriot Prayer's purpose is to go to ultra liberal areas and essentially spit in the face of the policies there. They are anti-government right wing tea partiers these days.

To me, they intend to provoke violence the same way that Westboro BC does. By being jackasses without common decency or sense.

Edit..and there is a reason why white nationalists keep showing up supporting them. Their viewpoints align about 99% if the time.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Please. Patriot Prayer's purpose is to go ultra liberal areas and essentially spit in the face of the policies there. To me, they intend to provoke violence the same way that Westboro BC does. 

I can't claim to know that much about the patriots, but I understand they are anti - racism. 

Can you fill me on how they provoke violence? I truly don't know. 

59 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Your posts seem to be getting more and more simplistic and reactionary.  

Even though people have explained it to you, you don't acknowledge any difference between the thousands and thousands of non-violent and generally unorganized protesters who call themselves anti-fascists, and the much smaller group of "black box" anarchists who show up ostensibly to to protect the non-violent protesters FROM violence (and sometimes commit violence themselves).   

After all this time, several people in this thread don't seem to understand the basics of what they are talking about (or in the case of twa, they just don't care).   Antifa is getting smeared just the same way that Black Lives Matter got smeared a couple of years ago, and ACORN got smeared a few years before that.  The smearing is turning out to be just as effective now as it was then.   

However, Satan's attorney, here, 

I'm pretty certain that the vast majority of the people who showed up for, and participated in, the marches that started this thread, did not show up to express their support for Nazi genocide, either.  I'm willing to bet that the Nazis represented a small minority of the people "on that side".  

5 minutes ago, grego said:

Can you fill me on how they provoke violence? I truly don't know. 

Prior to Charlottesville, Patriots Prayer often featured white nationalists and other questionable groups at their events (such as the Proud Boys and the 3 percenters). Although it looks like they have distanced themselves lately. Of course, the pessimist in me thinks it's purely political.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty certain that the vast majority of the people who showed up for, and participated in, the marches that started this thread, did not show up to express their support for Nazi genocide, either.  I'm willing to bet that the Nazis represented a small minority of the people "on that side".  

I was not there, and I'm sure I haven't seen every single image or video recorded from that weekend. But I'm skeptical that people who carried tiki torches and beat on protesters that Friday night, and stood by while Nazi salutes, flags, symbolism, and chants were going on the next day didn't agree with it. I have yet to see a single image or video of someone who supported that side showing any kind of disdain or confusion with what was going on. At the very least, calling the Nazis a small minority of the people on that side is a bit revisionist. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Predicto said:

No, but what I am taking away from this is that you and others are easily manipulated into false equivalencies.

Antifa is similarly violent and dangerous as Nazis because a few of the people who show up at huge Antifa rallies go there to get into fights with Nazis. 

BLM's concerns are illegitimate and BLM is as scary as criminal gangs because every once in a while, one self-styled BLM leader says something provocative, and a few of the people who show up at BLM rallies use the rallies as an excuse to break stuff.

Yeah, it was like I said before. Every group has their share of knuckleheads that start **** just for the hell of it and give black eyes to the peaceful protesters and ammunition for opponent to make their false equivalencies. For the last couple of years right wingers have been trying to label BLM as a domestic terrorist group which is ridiculous when most of their protests have been peaceful marches. I mean if they're going to go that far and use that kind of stupid logic you may as well start lumping all anti-abortion protesters into one group as a terrorist movement since unstable idiots stalk and threaten doctors, bomb abortion clinics and kill people. Let's make Robert Dear the poster child for anti-abortionists because he wanted "no more baby parts". That guy killed staff in Planned Parenthood, killed a cop, and fired on more cops outside the clinic plenty in a shootout. No outrage to be heard from right wingers though.  

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

I dunno Larry. The alt right is a made up term to give credence to those who don't mind walking side by side with the KKK and neo Nazis but hey..they aren't racists bigots too..

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Prior to Charlottesville, Patriots Prayer often featured white nationalists and other questionable groups at their events (such as the Proud Boys and the 3 percenters). Although it looks like they have distanced themselves lately. Of course, the pessimist in me thinks it's purely political.

I have read the same. The lines do get blurry with political movements. Good on them for separating themselves at least. 

2 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Yeah, it was like I said before. Every group has their share of knuckleheads that start **** just for the hell of it and give black eyes to the peaceful protesters and ammunition for opponent to make their false equivalencies. For the last couple of years right wingers have been trying to label BLM as a domestic terrorist group which is ridiculous when most of their protests have been peaceful marches. I mean if they're going to go that far and use that kind of stupid logic you may as well start lumping all anti-abortion protesters into one group as a terrorist movement since unstable idiots stalk and threaten doctors, bomb abortion clinics and kill people. Let's make Robert Dear the poster child for anti-abortionists because he wanted "no more baby parts". That guy killed staff in Planned Parenthood, killed a cop, and fired on more cops outside the clinic plenty in a shootout. No outrage to be heard from right wingers though.  

Actually, violent anti-abortionists should be considered terrorists if they bomb clinics and/or kill people they ARE terrorists.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

Maybe... but they were there to give support for the Confederacy and chances are more than fifty-fifty that everyone marching in support of the Confederacy who link arms with KKK members, Nazis, and the like and don't run for the hills when they hear what's being said and who they are aligning with probably just has a bit more than a touch of hate and racism in them.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I was not there, and I'm sure I haven't seen every single image or video recorded from that weekend. But I'm skeptical that people who carried tiki torches and beat on protesters that Friday night, and stood by while Nazi salutes, flags, symbolism, and chants were going on the next day didn't agree with it. I have yet to see a single image or video of someone who supported that side showing any kind of disdain or confusion with what was going on. At the very least, calling the Nazis a small minority of the people on that side is a bit revisionist. 

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I dunno Larry. The alt right is a made up term to give credence to those who don't mind walking side by side with the KKK and neo Nazis but hey..they aren't racists bigots too..

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Maybe... but they were there to give support for the Confederacy and chances are more than fifty-fifty that everyone marching in support of the Confederacy who link arms with KKK members, Nazis, and the like and don't run for the hills when they hear what's being said and who they are aligning with probably just has a bit more than a touch of hate and racism in them.

Not sure if this was already posted (since Charlottesville seems like 5 years ago at this point, my God...) but starting around 6:30 is a great "Devil's Advocate" type argument for how non-Klan/Nazi "fine persons" (term in the video) should have reacted that night.

Edited by GhostofSparta