Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

39 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

But how many of these scumbags actually want out? Many are so indoctrinated at this point it has consumed their life. Those people SHOULD be outcast, exiled, humiliated, embarrassed, etc.

I'm tired of dealing with these human pieces of garbage with kid gloves. They need to be socially destroyed so people who even think about adopting these philosophies know whats in store for them.

Historically, this approach hasn't worked either.

I think we are conflating combating the rise of hate groups with what to do when people decide this **** sucks. IMO, you deal with them separately.

And I do think that the alternative shouldn't be: "**** you forever" or "ok you're out, move on". There are non-profits that work with former hate group members to de-radicalize. I think we need to enhance their capacity to take some of these people and get them back into society.

I think some of the best people who can work on combating radical groups are former members. They know how they work, how they target people and most importantly, they know how to help others gtfo before its too late.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Historically, this approach hasn't worked either.

I think we are conflating combating the rise of hate groups with what to do when people decide this **** sucks. IMO, you deal with them separately.

And I do think that the alternative shouldn't be: "**** you forever" or "ok you're out, move on". There are non-profits that work with former hate group members to de-radicalize. I think we need to enhance their capacity to take some of these people and get them back into society.

I think some of the best people who can work on combating radical groups are former members. They know how they work, how they target people and most importantly, they know how to help others gtfo before its too late.

Of course if somebody wants out of that life you help them.  But how many of those people actually exist compared to the ones that are on the full on hate train forever?

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Let me stop someone..yes it's been adopted as a white power symbol. No, it wasn't a problem a decade ago or more. No, I have no idea if this was deliberate but anyone using the ok upside down now, today, after the past 2+ years of it being adopted as one of the wp hand gestures..is a goddamn fool. And asking for it.

I'm a little hesitant to judge anyone using this symbol.  If it weren't for ES, I'd have no clue it was a wp thing.  I always knew it as a symbol that if you looked at it, that person slapped you in the nuts.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Of course if somebody wants out of that life you help them.  But how many of those people actually exist compared to the ones that are on the full on hate train forever?

I don't know but honestly, I think we will be seeing more and more people trying to get out of this alt-right mess.

We are in kind of a weird situation where the fascist right has sympathizers in government but they have utterly lost the culture war. Mainstream American culture has outright shunned these losers and de-platforming seems to be working in reducing their outreach capacity.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:08 PM, Rogue Jedi said:

But that McHugh chick can get bent. She seemed to change her tune only because of her employment opportunities dwindled, not because she suddenly  disavowed white nationalism and racist rhetoric.

I8cEpR7.jpg

On 5/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Let me stop someone..yes it's been adopted as a white power symbol. No, it wasn't a problem a decade ago or more. No, I have no idea if this was deliberate but anyone using the ok upside down now, today, after the past 2+ years of it being adopted as one of the wp hand gestures..is a goddamn fool. And asking for it.

I disagree with your approach.  The only reason I knew it was a white power symbol, or it's being used as one, is because of the tweets where people tried to say the highschool kids were racist from the whole Native American confrontation story but throwing up that "sign", however they were calling out 3's on the basketball team.  I'm not a goddamn fool nor asking for anything if i would have said ok to someone or did the game.  I literally didn't know it was a thing until then.

And I hate that we are letting it become a thing.  

How great would it be if some of those WW2 vets shot them?

**** this,,  fascism and Nazis are not something we ever made peace with.

"6 million more" is a direct threat. 

Oh but haha.. politics.

If you stand with them, i hope a bullet finds your forehead.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I find complaining that people recognize that this is now used as a white power symbol in 2019 very much like people that would complain that women want to have equal pay for equal work. Its like you are more annoyed that people are pointing it out, than you are that it exists in the first place. 

Like yea OK racism and stuff is bad but its super annoying that you have to continuously be on the look out for it and because of that I have to hear about it more than I would prefer. And you ruined one of my favorite hand signs. If you just stop talking about it then it wouldn't even be a "thing". 

Yea go **** yourself.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Most Holocaust deniers don't believe the Holocaust happened in the same way that most Republicans don't believe climate change is real.

Or that the Confederate armies were not fighting to preserve the enslavement of black people.

At least in Germany, they confronted their awful history and seemingly do a good job of teaching future generations about the horrors committed by their ancestors. In the US, we get a bunch of morons flying Confederate flags, raising statues for traitors and slavers. The biggest failure of the American South has been its inability to confront its awful history. And as a result, we are a 100+years past the Civil War and bigotry is the norm for Southern Americans rather than the exception.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The biggest failure of the American South has been its inability to confront its awful history. And as a result, we are a 100+years past the Civil War and bigotry is the norm for Southern Americans rather than the exception.

This is true, but the US allowed them to do this. They never suffered consequences outside of Sherman setting Atlanta ablaze. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This is true, but the US allowed them to do this. They never suffered consequences outside of Sherman setting Atlanta ablaze. 

There's a really good Henry Louis Gates PBS program on Reconstruction that I watched recently. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:07 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Oh no, now Stephen Fry is now a White Supremacist

https://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/1127844934734700545

Edited by FunkedUp
embedded tweet