Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Adults possessing small amounts of marijuana for personal use will no longer be prosecuted in the region’s largest county, Fairfax County’s new prosecutor announced on his first day on the job Thursday.

Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney Steven T. Descano said in a statement that such prosecutions disproportionately fall on communities of color and that convictions can prevent people from renting an apartment, getting a job or obtaining a student loan.

In addition, Descano said not pursuing such cases will free police and prosecutors to tackle more serious crimes.

“Prosecuting adults for simple possession of marijuana does not improve community safety. In fact, such prosecutions can spur future crime.” Descano wrote in a letter announcing the change. “An otherwise law-abiding person that’s found with a relatively insignificant amount of marijuana does not constitute a threat.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/new-fairfax-county-prosecutor-says-office-wont-prosecute-marijuana-possession/2020/01/02/ab0363a4-2d76-11ea-9b60-817cc18cf173_story.html?utm_campaign=afternoon_buzz&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Newsletter&wpisrc=nl_buzz&wpmm=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those in states waiting for it to become legal? My advice would be to fight as hard as you can to make sure there is something in the legislation making it legal for individuals to grow their own for "personal use" because the taxes on product in the shop is going to make your eyeballs pop out.  Tbh, I don't go to the shop nearly as much as I assumed I would because it just costs so much more. 

• Like 2

After dispensary burglarized in Logan Square, officials say bank laws make them targets

CHICAGO — Chicago police are investigating a burglary at MOCA Modern Cannabis, a legal dispensary selling both medicinal and recreational marijuana on the Northwest Side, after someone broke in overnight.

Police say “offenders” possibly used a key card to break through a side door of the cannabis shop on the 2800 block of West Fullerton Avenue in Logan Square before getting away with an undisclosed amount of money.

Customer after cash-carrying customer was turned away at the door Monday.

“I came by MOCA to buy some oil and some flower, but apparently they’re closed,” customer Paul Toledo said.

Some elected officials are calling for changes to banking regulations, saying they make these shops targets.

Because cannabis is still illegal on the federal level, most banks won’t risk doing business with the cannabis industry. So for now weed shops are all-cash.

“Typically what makes cannabis a target for theft is they’re not allowed to process a lot of payments through credit cards. A lot of banks won’t accept them because they feel like it’s a risk, so they’re going to have a lot of cash on them and it’s going to be a good spot to rob for now,” customer Paul Toledo said.

Illinois State Treasurer Michael Frerichs says the baking regulations must be changed, or we’re likely to see more thefts like the one in Logan Square.

Click on the link for the full article

Legal Pot Takes a Bite out of Beer Consumption in Canada

Smoke more, drink less.

That appeared to be the trend among Canadians in the first full year of legal cannabis, when beer volumes fell by 3% through November, according to data from Beer Canada.

“This is far worse than the trends seen between 2014-2018, where beer industry volumes fell an average 0.3%,” and appears to be related to Canada’s legalization of pot in late 2018, said Cowen analyst Vivien Azer.

Domestic beer volumes slid 3.9% through November, while imported beer volumes grew 1.4%. Cannabis consumers appear to prefer mainstream beer “as they pursue better ‘buzz for your buck,”’ Azer said in a note published Tuesday.

There’s some debate about how much impact marijuana legalization has on alcohol consumption, although surveys of pot users indicate that they tend to drink less when they’re high. Declining sales have led to several alcohol-cannabis partnerships, including Constellation Brands Inc.’s investment in Canopy Growth Corp., Anheuser-Busch InBev NV’s joint venture with Tilray Inc. and Molson Coors Brewing Co.’s partnership with Hexo Corp.

Petition to make ‘Bengals/Browns fans’ a condition for medical marijuana submitted to Ohio Medical Board

COLUMBUS, Ohio— Bengals and Browns fans are used to disappointment. A petition sent to the Ohio State Medical Board is asking for help.

According to the medical board, they’ve received 28 petitions for qualifying conditions for medical marijuana treatment. Among those: being a Bengals or Browns fan.

The board will meet on February 12 to discuss the petitions. The committee will decide which petitions will be considered. A final vote is expected this summer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah the other downside to shops is "Cash Only,"  It's 2020, people simply don't carry around large amounts of cash typically.  It is also sometimes annoying that when browsing the shop you constantly have to keep a tally of what you are buying to make sure you don't go over the amount of cash on hand. (They have ATM machines, but stupid fees, right?)  

Another reason it needs to be legalized on the federal level, ASAP.

7 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I agree, but I don't see that happening with Sniffy McAdderall & the rest of the GOP holding the power in the White House & Senate.

I've had a few Trump supporters tell me they believe Trump will be the one that finally legalizes cannabis. 

My reaction:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chicago airports install 'Cannabis Amnesty Boxes' for passengers to dispose of marijuana before flights

Puff, puff, toss.

Two of Chicago’s airports, O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, have installed “Cannabis Amnesty Boxes” for passengers to dispose of their recreational marijuana before boarding their flights.

The boxes, which were installed last week to coincide with the Jan. 1 legalization of weed in the state, are located near TSA checkpoints.

ENtH4G8X0AIsHHB?format=jpg&name=small

‘I’m you in 10 years’: Michigan anti-marijuana campaign draws criticism

DETROIT – A new anti-marijuana campaign has started popping up around Michigan, right after the legalization of recreational pot.

The ad shows what is supposed to be what a teenager will look like 10 years in the future if they keep using marijuana. While it is designed to discourage teens from smoking pot, some people believe it is not the right way to convey that message.

Robin Schneider, the executive director of the Michigan Cannabis Industry Association, said the ad could send a bad message about body image.

“I really think we need to be careful when using examples that we don’t make kids feel bad for being overweight,” she said. “This is serious and we need to work together to protect our youth, but this is just not the way to go about doing it and it was done in very poor taste.”

Schneider also pointed out that some people are prescribed cannabis for medical conditions and diseases, such as cancer.

Click on the link for the full article and video

Man tells police he mixed his mom's cremated remains with marijuana

WAUKESHA, Wis. —A 26-year-old man is accused of selling drugs that were mixed with his mother's ashes.

Police said Austin Schroeder, of Menomonee Falls, admitted to investigators he cut the drugs using his dead mother's cremated remains.

But he didn't explain why.

Investigators said they received a tip about Schroeder and his girlfriend selling drugs out of their apartment.

According to a criminal complaint, twice last week, investigators sent an informant to the apartment.

They said the informant was able to buy marijuana.

A few days later, police returned and searched the apartment.

Investigators said they found 70 grams of marijuana, a small amount of MDMA, bongs and a drug scale.

According to the complaint, Schroeder tried to explain the "large amount of unknown powder and vegetable material located in the apartment," saying he "mixed these substances for a variety of reasons."

Schroeder said his mom died a little more than a year ago, and, according to the complaint, "Schroeder indicates he took some of her ashes and mixed them with a variety of substances, some of which he ultimately ingested."

The complaint doesn't indicate if he mixed the cremated remains in any of the drugs he's accused of selling.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, China said:

‘I’m you in 10 years’: Michigan anti-marijuana campaign draws criticism

I've never associated smoking pot with being fat.  I mean, I know people get the munchies and eat a ****load of hotpockets or whatever, but I don't see any variation in the pot-smokers I know and their size versus everyone else.

Hell, I don't smoke, I drink, and I know that on a good night I probably consumer 2000 liquid calories, THEN house a plate of nachos because I'm still up at 1am. 

• Like 1