Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I am finding that a few tokes at night are helping me fight off the urge to stay up too late and not get proper rest for work.  I haven't been an every day smoker in a long time, but with the quarantine going on, being cooped up with the family all day and night, mostly the kids, it feels like the only time to myself to relax is after they go to bed so there is constant temptation to just stay up way too late watching movies or playing video games.  The weed takes care of that. 

Haaaaa...my intake has tripled since the quarantine and the kids haven't gone to school...always home..having to do work on the computer..which I am not a user of..I have a smart phone of some sorts that I use to surf the web..make phone calls..text messages..and occasionally e email with..that's it..so when it comes to getting them to work on the computer I am completely lost..which has me frazzled which has me smoking a bowl to go...melllllllllowwwwwww..lol

• Like 1

Man, I can definitely tell the difference between indica and Sativa. Different strains will give me different mixtures of head and body highs and then different shades of each or different hybrids will give me different mixtures of feelings in my body. But, I only vape at lowish temperatures to preserve the terp profile and I try to only mess with connoisseur grade, organically grown, and highly developed strains that have multidimensional personality. I don’t get straight smoking anymore. I want to taste my green and I’m not into taking all that tar and stuff into my body. 

I had this really cool strain called Magnum Terps from the Turtle Pie Company which actually has layers of terps that change as you get closer to the stem. It has a sweet almost gelato smell to the middle, that then changes to straight gas once you get to the stem. That one has a really distinct high that hits you full blown in body and mind. MAC-1 from Capulator has a really distinct body high all to its own. I had some Pop Rocks the other day from a Las Vegas company that tastes a bit like actual pop rocks and it gives you this super clear head high that hits you in the back of the head and lower neck and is really great for creative work. 

I mostly mess with indica or indica leaning hybrids but i bet if you tried something like Durban poison which is straight Sativa and then something like Violator Kush you’d be able to tell the difference between highs.

Edited by Fresh8686

• 3 weeks later...

Re: smell to justify vehicle searches 

JUST STOP TAKING IT OUT OF YOUR HOME. 🙄

For the life of me, I can't understand why people feel the need to carry it around. 

If you want to champion the cause of legalization, be a responsible user. It's really not hard. Just because you technically can doesn't mean you should be drivin around actin like a doofus.

Be an adult about it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, terp profile and entourage effect are way more important than THC level alone. One of the many reasons why I hate distallate and follow my nose when choosing strains rather than reading a label. This is also why there is an art to mixing different kinds of strains, depending on the person, time, and mood/chemistry. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What does that mean exactly? Will we start seeing dispensaries sometime soon in Virginia? Or is that a few years away still?

Not yet. As of today everything that is an ounce or lower, even concentrates or "hash oil" is decriminalized and just a $25 fine with no court costs or jail time. They are also reviewing the next step for legalization and have a report on it due to the government on Nov. 30 2020.

• Like 5

It's only matter of time, y'all. This state by state thing is gonna accelerate if for any reason because of how many are going to have budget shortfalls coming up soon.

Heads up for my VA folks, caught on WTOP this morning even with the fine, possession can show up on background check and VA doesn't expunge records yet.

Huge first step in not ruining folks life over this, but don't get too comfy yet.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's only matter of time, y'all. This state by state thing is gonna accelerate if for any reason because of how many are going to have budget shortfalls coming up soon.

Heads up for my VA folks, caught on WTOP this morning even with the fine, possession can show up on background check and VA doesn't expunge records yet.

Huge first step in not ruining folks life over this, but don't get too comfy yet.

At least the new law offers this much "Criminal records of simple possession will be sealed, and employers and schools will be banned from asking about prior simple possession convictions."

But, your right about background checks. I'm already a felon so it doesn't matter to me as much.

...to add to the above: be careful how it impacts international travel as well. I watched a US citizen try to explain to a Canadian Border cop why his DWI conviction from 8 years ago shouldn't stop his entry into Canada.  It didnt end well. 

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

...to add to the above: be careful how it impacts international travel as well. I watched a US citizen try to explain to a Canadian Border cop why his DWI conviction from 8 years ago shouldn't stop his entry into Canada.  It didnt end well. 

Dayum. Mine was 21 years ago. 

But whoa. 

• 2 weeks later...

More Potent Than CBD, THC: Dr. Raphael Mechoulam Explains His Latest Discovery

Professor Raphael Mechoulam, also known as the “father of cannabis research,” revealed his latest discovery, cannabidiolic acid methyl ester (EPM301), only a few months ago. The introduction of this new, patented compound (synthetic, fully stable acid-based cannabinoid molecules) caused a wave of excitement around the future of medicinal cannabis.

The compound in question was presented to the world in partnership with EPM, a global biotechnology company based in the U.S. that aims to bridge the gap between the cannabis and pharmaceutical industries.

During a recent, exclusive conversation, CEO Reshef Swisa and Dr. Mechoulam, shared the history of the journey behind this revolutionary process and its significance in evolving the use of CBD as a pharmaceutical drug.

Meet EPM301
“EPM developed a method to work with the original substances of cannabis,” the Professor explained. “So, while everybody is discussing THC and CBD, these cannabinoids are actually a secondary substance; they only appear later in the plant.

But the 88 year-old researcher’s newest discovery presents cannabidiolic acid as a far more potent compound than CBD or THC — with no known negative side effects.

“We compare our compound not only to cannabinoids, but to the existing drugs that are applied today,” Mechoulam explained. “So, for example, in IBD we compared our compounds to two conventional products: one is the prednisone (the steroids) and one is a biological drug. And in both of them, we managed to prove that the activity of our compound is very similar to the common one.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I got some edibles for the first time in my life last night. 5 mg gummies. I ate 15 mg over the course of 8 hours.

Awesome.

Loved it.  Woke up and ate half a gummy, feel great.  No smoke in the lungs either.

Makes me wish I got more, rather than buying a half ounce of flower.  Going to try to cook some in butter.  Any tips are appreciated.

Now I have better perspective on Joey Diaz taking 700 mg at once.  How he didn't die, reincarnate into a pterodactyl, and then supernova, is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I got some edibles for the first time in my life last night. 5 mg gummies. I ate 15 mg over the course of 8 hours.

Awesome.

Loved it.  Woke up and ate half a gummy, feel great.  No smoke in the lungs either.

Makes me wish I got more, rather than buying a half ounce of flower.  Going to try to cook some in butter.  Any tips are appreciated.

Now I have better perspective on Joey Diaz taking 700 mg at once.  How he didn't die, reincarnate into a pterodactyl, and then supernova, is beyond me.

Been doing this for the wife for a while now.

Disclaimer, I have not rigorously tested tons of approaches.  Here's what I go with and the results knocked me on my ass, but the wife has a higher tolerance so she was happy with it.

1. Preheat oven to 240F and grind 1/8-1/4 oz of flower onto a baking sheet lined with foil, depending on how strong you want it to be.  If it's dry you can probably just crumble with your fingers.  (I line it with foil just to make clean up easier.)

2. Bake the flower at 240 for 30-40 mins.  To use a fancy word, this decarboxylates the weed.

3. Melt a stick of butter on the lowest heat you can in a frying pan and add the decarbed flower.  I usually cook it 15-20 minutes at this stage, but you don't want to burn either the butter or the flower.

We then use that stick of butter in a muffin or brownie recipe.  As long as it's something with a strong flavor of its own like chocolate, I don't bother straining it.

For reference, my wife finds 1/4 oz of weed in a batch of 24 muffins to be a good therapeutic dose for her pain (cancer survivor) where she can eat a muffin after a day of work.  Personally, 1/4 of a muffin is the most I can tolerate at that strength without being a useless pile of goo and going to sleep.

**A friend of ours skips the baking stage and strains the flower out of the butter and it all still seems to be fine, so who knows.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2