Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Have recently started trying CBD gummies to help me sleep better.  Jury is still out, the first time I took one, i was pretty out of it until like noon the next day.  Anyone have any experience with these?

I got some CBD gummies from a place in Fairfax, mainly for random anxiety.  I have noticed that they make me sleepy.  They don’t have much other effect I don’t think although I haven’t taken many.  Perhaps they ease my stomach a bit.

I have learned, through my travels, that there is a difference between hemp gummies, that you can get from Amazon, and actual CBD gummies.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Have recently started trying CBD gummies to help me sleep better.  Jury is still out, the first time I took one, i was pretty out of it until like noon the next day.  Anyone have any experience with these?

Not using gummies or edibles atm but I've been using cbd oil n vape cartridges. Similiar effect tho like what you described. Kinda groggy waking up in the morning. Don't normally have that problem with thc carts or flower. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I have learned, through my travels, that there is a difference between hemp gummies, that you can get from Amazon, and actual CBD gummies.

Yeah definitely depends on the source. Whether it's hemp or cannabis. Also with the method used to extract the cbd.

Edited by clietas

The money/income factor may be what finally pushes other states to legalize.  They won't be able to resist that revenue.

Colorado passes $1 billion in marijuana state revenue

Colorado has now generated more than $1 billion in total state revenue from the legal marijuana industry, another milestone for the state that legalized cannabis in 2014.

Colorado already has posted some big numbers: More than $6 billion in total sales of cannabis since the birth of the new industry — over $6.5 billion at the end of May, according to just-released monthly data from the state. And the state’s revenue from adult-use marijuana sales has accelerated.

April and May were the two highest-grossing months in the five-year history of the new industry, with Colorado revenue reaching its highest monthly take ever in April (which includes the 420 holiday), at roughly $24.2 million.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3

Thought this was pretty cool. Talks about the removal of negative stigmatism and making sure social equity is preserved as this new industry gets off it's feet.

It's crazy in a way. People, including me have been locked up and had rights stripped away because of this country's stance on weed and now those very people who marginalized and locked us up for it are now the ones turning massive profits on it and shutting others out of the opportunity.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 12:09 AM, China said:

The money/income factor may be what finally pushes other states to legalize.  They won't be able to resist that revenue.

Colorado passes $1 billion in marijuana state revenue

Colorado has now generated more than $1 billion in total state revenue from the legal marijuana industry, another milestone for the state that legalized cannabis in 2014.

Colorado already has posted some big numbers: More than $6 billion in total sales of cannabis since the birth of the new industry — over $6.5 billion at the end of May, according to just-released monthly data from the state. And the state’s revenue from adult-use marijuana sales has accelerated.

April and May were the two highest-grossing months in the five-year history of the new industry, with Colorado revenue reaching its highest monthly take ever in April (which includes the 420 holiday), at roughly $24.2 million.

Hasn't been all roses though either, especially as more potent forms have become more common and available (which will only get worse with time).

"Potent pot, vulnerable teens trigger concerns in first states to legalize marijuana"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/potent-pot-vulnerable-teens-trigger-concerns-in-first-states-to-legalize-marijuana/2019/06/15/52df638a-8c9a-11e9-8f69-a2795fca3343_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fd5b7a0cfff5

And somewhat relatedly:

"Prohibition worked better than you think

America’s anti-alcohol experiment cut down on drinking and drinking-related deaths — and it may have reduced crime and violence overall."

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/6/5/18518005/prohibition-alcohol-public-health-crime-benefits

On 6/14/2019 at 6:02 AM, Fresh8686 said:

It's crazy in a way. People, including me have been locked up and had rights stripped away because of this country's stance on weed and now those very people who marginalized and locked us up for it are now the ones turning massive profits on it and shutting others out of the opportunity.

This is part of why the pro-legalization crowd is not necessarily happy with the way it has been legalized.  It definitely feels the corporation of the crop is around the corner or even here.  Feels like a matter of time before a few huge corporate growers will sink their tentacles into the business and tear out it's soul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

This is part of why the pro-legalization crowd is not necessarily happy with the way it has been legalized.  It definitely feels the corporation of the crop is around the corner or even here.  Feels like a matter of time before a few huge corporate growers will sink their tentacles into the business and tear out it's soul.

Oh yea, it's already affecting the culture. Thankfully there are still some OG's in the game who do it right (for now), like the Jungle Boys out in So.Cal and then Berner, Sherbinski, the rest of the Cookies Fam, and 3rd Generation Fam out in Nor. Cal. But yea, the billionaires are already out there trying to commodify and automate everything. **** sucks, because they'll eventually squeeze out the true artists who spend years hunting pheno's and dealing with the most finicky plants in order to unlock those special flavors. And the laws are already set up in a way where small growers are getting priced out of the permitting process and the chance to introduce their flower to retail shops.

Hopefully, the connoisseur market will be strong enough to keep the creative game alive. That and the simple fact, that in order to grow true Triple AAA weed, you need to love the plant and listen to each ones individual wants and needs. These corporations aren't going to want to put in that time and energy, their going to find the strains with the shortest flowering times and the highest yields and then stick those buds in auto-trimmers, which is going to downgrade their product and limit their seed banks. Hopefully, that keeps space open for those who do it right and respect the culture and history, so the only thing left isn't walmart weed.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Hopefully, the connoisseur market will be strong enough to keep the creative game alive. That and the simple fact, that in order to grow true Triple AAA weed, you need to love the plant and listen to each ones individual wants and needs. These corporations aren't going to want to put in that time and energy, their going to find the strains with the shortest flowering times and the highest yields and then stick those buds in auto-trimmers, which is going to downgrade their product and limit their seed banks. Hopefully, that keeps space open for those who do it right and respect the culture and history, so the only thing left isn't walmart weed.

Yeah very similar to the craft beer market and so many of them being bought out by the big beer brands.

• Like 1

In first states to legalize pot, teen use triggers concerns

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/In-first-states-to-legalize-pot-teen-use-14001768.php

With some marijuana products averaging 68 percent THC - exponentially greater than the pot baby boomers once smoked - calls to poison control centers and visits to emergency rooms have risen. In the Denver area, visits to Children's Hospital Colorado facilities for treatment of cyclic vomiting, paranoia, psychosis and other acute cannabis-related symptoms jumped to 777 in 2015, from 161 in 2005.

The increase was most notable in the years following legalization of medical sales in 2009 and retail use in 2014, according to a study in the Journal of Adolescent Health published in 2018.

"Horrible things are happening to kids," said psychiatrist Libby Stuyt, who treats teens in southwestern Colorado and has studied the health impacts of high-potency marijuana. "I see increased problems with psychosis, with addiction, with suicide, with depression and anxiety."

@twa that's the same wapo article I read today.  I do believe we've gotten acustom to the idea you cant OD when you arent trying to.  But now with stuff like shatter and strains approaching 70% THC and higher, we need to really ask what we're doing here. 

More research needs to be opened on the potential of this drug for medical purposes, but if the goal is to get as f'd up as possible, we've officially proven that's possible.  If you try to smoke blunts to the face, the joke is you'll fall asleep before you OD.  But if you are eating as many high potent edibles as you can or trying to handle as much pure THC as you can, that's not the same thing.  We arent going to make alcohol illegal because of binge drinking, so let's pump the breaks here.

As for teens using marijuana in general, I still am against it unless for medical reasons.  My own experience is it interfered with my development, I know it did.  But more research needs to be done I to that, because I smoked to help deal with the depression, it definetly helped, it is not right to draw a correlation it causes depression or increased suicide rates without more research, which is currently banned unless it fits a certain narrative. 

Weed is no different then any other drug that despite it's intended purpose you will pay for abusing it.  You cant OD on Advil and expect anything good from it.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is arguing in favor of teens using MJ on a daily basis or even at all,  similar to alcohol.  There is a reason it is not legal to do it under the legal age of being an adult. It doesn't mean it won't get into the hands of those it isn't intended to, but that isn't anything new.  If that was the case then beer & alcohol would have stayed illegal.

I am willing to be most of these cases where "omg my teenager is in the hospital what's going on!?!?!?" are situations where the parents themselves have little to no experience with MJ either so they freak out and overreact to their kids being stoned.  Then of course the medical profession is going to come out say it is not a good idea for children to be using MJ because, duh.   You don't see parents taking their kids into the ER for being drunk/hunger (unless it reaches the point of actual alcohol poisoning levels) because they likely are familiar with the signs of alcohol use and how to deal with the effects and aid their kids in coming back down to earth. 

As far as potency goes, I just follow the general rule of the more potent the flower, the less you need to take.  There is some flower where my wife and I will chill in the garage listening to music and gradually smoke an entire bowl before we feel lit and want to go back inside, other times we might barely go through half the bowl between the two of us.  It just depends. It isn't about having a "who can get the most high" contest, it is just about that nice feeling going after a week of work and kids and all that stuff. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

I echo what Renegade said, teens should not be using marijuana. Definitely stunts their development cognitively and emotionally. I know it did for me. It also makes them less motivated educationally, as in all they want to do is smoke weed. 

I'm not saying anything new, but just wanted to point that out. They are gonna get it if they want. It's up to their parents to talk to them about it.

Once I get a job I might start smoking again. I don't know what the employment rules are in California regarding drug testing anymore, but I'd rather have clean urine and peace of mind.

• Like 2

Survey finds 70% of drivers don’t think they’ll get pulled over while high

A new survey has found that nearly 15 million Americans have done this deed while on weed: Driving.

AAA found that 14.8 million drivers reported getting behind the wheel within one hour after using marijuana in the past 30 days. Moreover, nearly 70% think that it’s unlikely that they will get caught while driving high.

And this tendency falls along generational and gender lines, with 14% of millennials and 8% of men more likely to report getting behind the wheel one hour after using marijuana.

AAA Mid-Atlantic spokesman John B. Townsend said that the findings are scary. “It’s a recipe for disaster … It’s a recipe for a crash and potential fatality on the highway.”

• Like 1

I think lemon cherry gelato is my new favorite strain. So smooth and tasty, and with my tolerance it gets me to a place most can’t. 

If it was just on flavor though my top 5 would be

1. Peach cobbler runtz 

2. Zerbert (sunset sherbert x zkittlez)

3. Purple Urkel 

4. Lemon Cherry Gelato

5. Sour patch kids 

Not really a fan of orange/citrus flavors.  But those candy and cereal milk/marshmellow flavors mixed with gas are my terps of choice.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 12:04 AM, China said:

Survey finds 70% of drivers don’t think they’ll get pulled over while high

A new survey has found that nearly 15 million Americans have done this deed while on weed: Driving.

AAA found that 14.8 million drivers reported getting behind the wheel within one hour after using marijuana in the past 30 days. Moreover, nearly 70% think that it’s unlikely that they will get caught while driving high.

And this tendency falls along generational and gender lines, with 14% of millennials and 8% of men more likely to report getting behind the wheel one hour after using marijuana.

AAA Mid-Atlantic spokesman John B. Townsend said that the findings are scary. “It’s a recipe for disaster … It’s a recipe for a crash and potential fatality on the highway.”

Guilty, and I dont roll like that anymore.  One time in early 20s I was so high I missed my exit on the interstate not just once but twice. I told myself I wouldnt drive drunk, and really the correct phrase was and is i should never drive inebriated, regardless of the cause.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 5:20 PM, Renegade7 said:

Just curious about the number of people here that have ever tried it versus the people that kept doing it.  I can say I did try it, liked it, and kept doing it, just worked for me in a lot of different ways.  I've seen a couple of ya'll mention having panic attacks when you tried it and were done, that I totally get if that happens to you.  It's a private poll, so no one is going to know you answer unless you talk about it.

I remember my cherry getting popped on the ganja:  My little sister had some at home when we were in highschool (found out my parents both toked out the peace pipe in middle school, but didn't try it myself till 17), and I asked her "what's that?" to see if she'd confess or hide it from me.  Asked me if I wanted to try it, and we could not be in the same room together without geeking up.  Like I would go to my room, come back and he..he he he... ha ha ha. 

And if you don't smoke and never want to, that's cool, too.  Really, it is.

Awesome thread man!!... I voted yes and liked it and still continue to smoke..27 year smoker here....why I smoke weed... we were out in front of the house doing some gardening and I have two 11 year olds and a 12 year old that we adopted, and my daughter comes back to the front saying there's pajamas on the roof..we got them down and they were my daughter's pj"s.. we established that first... I do the laundry in the house so I know all of the clothes, I slammed my fist down that those were her PJs.. so it come down to either my 12 year old son or his sister..of course with both denying it we placed em in the same room to talk about it and my wife got an answer from my son that he had waded up the pajamas placed them in the corner and pissed on them.. these siblings come from a mother who did heroin and alcohol while pregnant just to explain a little bit but still to go through it is kind of aggravating... and is part of why I medicate  lol

Edited by bakedtater1
Edit content
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, Fresh8686 said:

I think lemon cherry gelato is my new favorite strain. So smooth and tasty, and with my tolerance it gets me to a place most can’t. 

If it was just on flavor though my top 5 would be

1. Peach cobbler runtz 

2. Zerbert (sunset sherbert x zkittlez)

3. Purple Urkel 

4. Lemon Cherry Gelato

5. Sour patch kids 

Not really a fan of orange/citrus flavors.  But those candy and cereal milk/marshmellow flavors mixed with gas are my terps of choice.

East coast strains?....my favs are sour desiel ..west coast sour desiel, blue dream and big cheese...just tried gelato #5..awesome stuff!!..love it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

East coast strains?....my favs are sour desiel ..west coast sour desiel, blue dream and big cheese...just tried gelato #5..awesome stuff!!..love it

Nah, most of those on that list are Cali strains. Bay Area for the most part. 

You’d probably like those sour patch kids (sour diesel x candyland). I love sour diesel and it’s crazier cousin chemdawg. I haven’t had really good blue dream in awhile, but I always liked that strain even when it became cool to hate on it with the hypebeasts out there. I can always appreciate a good haze cross.

Man there are so many gelato strains out there right now, but I can’t remember if I’ve ever tried #5. Besides all the different mixes I’ve tried 25, 33, 44, and 45. 

13 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Nah, most of those on that list are Cali strains. Bay Area for the most part. 

You’d probably like those sour patch kids (sour diesel x candyland). I love sour diesel and it’s crazier cousin chemdawg. I haven’t had really good blue dream in awhile, but I always liked that strain even when it became cool to hate on it with the hypebeasts out there. I can always appreciate a good haze cross.

Man there are so many gelato strains out there right now, but I can’t remember if I’ve ever tried #5. Besides all the different mixes I’ve tried 25, 33, 44, and 45. 

I really wanna try white rhino...white widow in Alaska is amazing..I occasionally got some blueberry that was a 40+year old strain..the flavor was out of this world.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, China said:

Not weed, but...

'It makes me enjoy playing with the kids': is microdosing mushrooms going mainstream?

Over the last 12 months, I have been hearing the same story from a small but increasing number of women. At parties and even at the school gates, they have told me about a new secret weapon that is boosting their productivity at work, improving their parenting and enhancing their relationships. Not clean-eating or mindfulness but microdosing – taking doses of psychedelic drugs so tiny they are considered to be “subperceptual”. In other words, says Rosie: “You don’t feel high, just… better.”

It’s a trend that first emerged in San Francisco less than a decade ago. Unlike the hippies who flocked to the city in the 60s, these new evangelists of psychedelic drugs were not seeking oblivion. Quite the opposite. While a “full” tripping dose of LSD is about 100 micrograms, online forums began to buzz with ambitious tech workers from Silicon Valley eulogising the effect of taking 10 to 20 micrograms every few days. Others used magic mushrooms. While both drugs are illegal in the US and the UK, increasing numbers claimed that tiny amounts were making them more focused, creative and productive.

Yet the scientific evidence remains shaky. The latest study, published in February in the open- access journal Plos One and led by cognitive scientist Vince Polito, tracked the experience of 98 microdosers who were already using psychedelics – a class of drugs including LSD and psilocybin (the active ingredient in magic mushrooms).

People who microdose psychedelic substances report improved mood and focus

A University of Toronto Mississauga researcher and his colleagues have "uncovered high potential research avenues" for assessing the benefits and drawbacks of microdosing with the psychedelic substances LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) and psilocybin (the key ingredient in magic mushrooms).

Their study, published recently in the Harm Reduction Journal, found that people who took very small doses of psychedelic substances commonly reported improved mood and focus, along with concerns about illegality and stigma.

Microdosing refers to the practice of regularly ingesting small, non-hallucinogenic amounts of psychedelic substances. The National Post traces the trend back to 2010 when biohackers began seeking a competitive edge. Thomas Anderson, a Ph.D. student and cognitive neuroscientist, Associate Professor of psychology Norman Farb, Rotem Petranker from York University, and colleagues from the U of T Faculty of Medicine and U of T Scarborough are the first to explore microdosing scientifically.