Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Former Trump aide Steve Bannon ordered to jail by July 1 to serve contempt of Congress sentence

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/06/steve-bannon-ordered-to-jail-bail-revoked.html

A federal judge ordered former Trump White House aide Steve Bannon to report to jail by July 1 to begin serving a four-month sentence for his contempt of Congress conviction.

I believe he has another trial around Sept, which may lead to even more jailtime.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Former Trump aide Steve Bannon ordered to jail by July 1 to serve contempt of Congress sentence

A federal judge ordered former Trump White House aide Steve Bannon to report to jail by July 1 to begin serving a four-month sentence for his contempt of Congress conviction.

I believe he has another trial around Sept, which may lead to even more jailtime.

'Bout ****in' time. 

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I’m not sure that drunk can safely detox while in the joint. Oh well.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

How the ever-loving **** can you be Black in America and say something THAT stupid?...And this won't help the GOP in any way, shape or form. There won't be a group of Black voters who will be thinking "It's about damn time someone spoke up for how good we blacks had it in 1934! He's got my vote!!"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 5/30/2024 at 11:55 AM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I agree with you, but how come Trump Chumps haven't gotten sick of his constant grievances about 'witch hunts' and everything else yet? One would hope that people would get tired of feeling angry all the time, but it seems that being a celebrity who runs for office means being held to a much lower standard by the voters.

Incidentally, that's why I stopped listening to talk radio and watching Fox many years ago...I was sick of feeling afraid and angry after these shows, and started to resent how these people approach things by riling up fear and anger. If only others reached the same epiphany...

On 5/30/2024 at 12:26 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Short version? Biden and Trump are appealing to two different level-of-intelligence voters.

On 5/30/2024 at 12:30 PM, Bang said:

They revel in it.

They love to laugh about it, and they think it's funny to watch intelligent people get their brains all screwed in circles by their bull****.
The ones left are there because as many have said, they hate the same peoples he does, they are terrified by the news every day, and are conditioned to be as big a whining victim as he always swears he is.
..or they have enough money that the policies he'll enact will help them immensely and they couldn't care less what happens beneath them.

~Bang

have you ever gone to the shore (or next to the whitehouse) and noticed that the groovy T-shirt stands have all sorts of "lets go Brandon", Trump=Jesus" and "Joe and the hoe must go" shirts next to the "best MILF on the beach" shirts... but there are zero pro-Biden or anti-Trump shirts?  (and i mean ZERO)   

does this mean nobody on the Maryland Shore (or in Washington DC) supports Biden over Trump?... or does it mean that Biden supporters tend to turn their noses up and those sort of stands (and Trump supporters that LOVE those sort of stands might go to the next one if there is a single shirt that doesn't grovel at the feet of the Great Impotent Cheeto ?)

The counter  point is ...there were TONS of those Andy-Warhol-looking "HOPE" shirts for Obama-- when dems were really REALLY enthusiastic.   (and oh my did the knuckle-draggers hate THOSE shirts!).  There are millions of MAGAts out there that would literally **** on their neighbor or storm the capitol for the pompadoured ****tail weenie, and zero that would do the same for Biden.   But those millions only get one vote no matter how rabid they get.... and they are WAY FEWER than half of the country.  (and they are probably outnumbered by people that would vote Carrot-Top for president before the would vote for the other orange moron) 

there are both different markets AND different levels of rabidity of support....  when it comes to figuring out how uninterested-middle-of-the-road-Styrofoam-box-encased-'undecideds" might vote....  its hard to disentangle the enthusiasm from the contempt.  

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:36 PM, Simmsy said:

Here is David Pakman making a fool of Trump and his supporters on Piers Morgan's show.

here is a kind-of example.... i can't stand titles like "MAGA lunatic triggered and P'OWNED!!!! MUST SEE!!!!!!"   even if i would like the content, i just never click on that sort of thing.   but give me a nerdy accountant looking John Oliver with a pompous highfalutin title.....???  i'm all over it like a pothead on a grilled cheese sandwich 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

here is a kind-of example.... i can't stand titles like "MAGA lunatic triggered and P'OWNED!!!! MUST SEE!!!!!!"   even if i would like the content, i just never click on that sort of thing.   but give me a nerdy accountant looking John Oliver with a pompous highfalutin title.....???  i'm all over it like a pothead on a grilled cheese sandwich 

These videos along with ones from I think Meidas or whatever its called, are why liberals don't get it. If you can't take those conversations and break them down to bumperstickers and taglines. You're losing your message.

**** ain't hard. Scale it back. Choose words that are easily repeatable.

16 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

These videos along with ones from I think Meidas or whatever its called, are why liberals don't get it. If you can't take those conversations and break them down to bumperstickers and taglines. You're losing your message.

Everytime the left does that (woke, black lives matter, etc) the right co-opts it.  They are just a lot better at that sort of petty nastiness.  We're usually better at satire and sarcasm.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Simple messages stick in people's brains better...that's why I get tired of all the 'fact-checking' articles in the Post with their convoluted charts. The information they provide is fine, but it's not going to get to people who don't read it or are put off by the initial complexity.

• Like 1