Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Sure, that's why Putin's tanks rumbled across the Ukrainian border, to make sure the US didn't sell them weapons...

How's that working out, Tuberville??

Whoever said it earlier was right: the GOP didn't change its mind on Trump, it changed its mind on Russia. Which just makes war more likely.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Deep in the sunken place

Naw dude getting paid. He knows exactly what he's doing and how much it pays him. There is a good market out there for a Black man willing to say just about anything a conservative wants to hear him say. Bet he would dance for it too! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Deep in the sunken place

Thought this was a good time to remind everyone that Byron Donalds pled no contest to a felony theft charge. Record was later expunged.

Probably a witch hunt.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gosar's name must have come up in the daily GOP 'waste everybody's time' plan of governance.

Idea for a fun book:
Paul Gosar drops dead.

You make up how it happens! Or not! He just drops dead for no reason!

~Bang

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Bang said:

Gosar's name must have come up in the daily GOP 'waste everybody's time' plan of governance.

Idea for a fun book:
Paul Gosar drops dead.

You make up how it happens! Or not! He just drops dead for no reason!

~Bang

You could have a whole series of books featuring different reprehensible GOP people.

Edited by China
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He's probably basing that best communicator title on all his Republican colleagues telling him he's so articulate 

"I know how to put words together."  Fantastic.  He's on a Sesame Street level of intelligence.  About par for the course with the GOP (see Tuberville, Greene, Boebert, Jordan, etc.)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I know he was a football coach, but it's becoming clear to me that he was used as a tackling dummy and has sustained significant brain damage.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Sadly, the First Amendment protects the flag-burning...if the courts allowed bearded hippies to burn the US flag with no consequences then they won't do anything here. However, if this crosses into violence it's a different story entirely.

One has to wonder how the GOP would react if a state Dem party called for the torching of US flags. I think we all know!

But, yes,  the GOP is well on its way to being named both a hate group and a domestic terrorist group.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Sadly, the First Amendment protects the flag-burning...if the courts allowed bearded hippies to burn the US flag with no consequences then they won't do anything here. However, if this crosses into violence it's a different story entirely.

I don't even think it has to cross over into violence.

The LGBTQ+ community is a protected class. That plays into things, I would think...burning a symbol that represents a protected class could get tricky legally. It's one thing to buy a pride flag for the purpose of burning it during a protest...but burning it in a manner that approaches terrorism shouldn't be protected. Like burning a cross in itself isn't illegal but burning a cross in front of a black family's home could be considered threatening.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I was waiting for Virginia to get in on some Maga hate, just what I like to see. Kinda long, but worth a skim:

Protesters clash with Marjorie Taylor Greene, McGuire at campaign rally in Albemarle

After a comparably peaceful first stop in heavily Republican Louisa County on the eastern part of Virginia’s 5th Congressional District on Wednesday afternoon, McGuire, Greene and their campaign staffers boarded their campaign bus bearing Trump’s name and likeness to travel to Charlottesville.

Upon their arrival, they were greeted by a crowd of about 100 people, of which Greene estimated about 80% were hostile. A reporter with The Daily Progress in Charlottesville who attended the event put the number of protesters at about 50. 

Once they left the bus, Greene and McGuire quickly found themselves surrounded by dozens of people carrying various signs and banners. 

One of the protesters attending the rally said that his group had started gathering around the parking lot at about 3:30 p.m. The man, who did not want to be named out of fear for retribution and who called from a blocked number, said that the bus carrying McGuire and Greene pulled up about 45 minutes later.

“The McGuire and Greene supporters came in and kind of physically tried to own that area around the bus, blocking us from getting closer. There were some of what I’d call near-fights,” the man said. “There was plenty of blame to go around. There was one McGuire supporter who was very aggressive in coming up into people’s faces, and there were one or two people on the Democratic side who took the bait and there was a close-faced screaming match.”

...also:

Albemarle Police investigate alleged threat against Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (CVILLE RIGHT NOW) – Albemarle Police confirm an investigation of a report of a verbal death threat made during the campaign stop by 5th District Congressional candidate John McGuire and Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene at the 5th Street County Office Building Wednesday. Greene on social media claimed a person circled in a photo on a right flank a few feet behind her screamed pointed at and screamed in a staff member’s face an explicative “white supremacist… Allah Akbar… we’re going to kill you”. She posted they were filing a police report and needed help identifying the individual.

ACPD’s Logan Bogert said the individual indicated “would not provide identification and left the property without incident”. She says ACPD officers documented the incident which “at this time remains an open and active investigation”. No one was hurt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Sadly, the First Amendment protects the flag-burning...if the courts allowed bearded hippies to burn the US flag with no consequences then they won't do anything here.

I'm pretty sure that who owns the flag is an important factor.  

Pretty sure the GOP isn't telling people to go out,  buy a Pride flag, and burn it.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty sure that who owns the flag is an important factor.  

Pretty sure the GOP isn't telling people to go out,  buy a Pride flag, and burn it.  

They would, however, look you right in the eyes and lie like a rug about it.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

They would, however, look you right in the eyes and lie like a rug about it.  

I done ordered it on Amerzawn, an' i just ASSUMED that a PRIDE flag would be a GOT' DANG AMURICAN FLAG.

I said "HEY! RAYLENE! This here PRIDE flag sounds like a good thang to hang up under mah TRUMP FLAG, huh?"
An' Raylene reminded me t'buy some instant mashed taters' an' so I did, an' i ordered what I THOUGHT was a DANG AMURICAN FLAG an' instead they done sent me this here GAY FLAG!

They prob'ly put a mark on mah credit card tellin' 'em  I'm WOKE!

~Skeeter

• Haha 3