Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

In regards to Mace and George's spat the previous week. She's  the one who should be pissed. Bill Mahar gave her a chance to explain what occurred on his show last Friday night. While I disagree with her perspective of Trump, she's right in that George shouldn't have led off the interview with those questions. He should have told her ahead of time, "I'd like to discuss Trump's civil suit with you." Apparently her daughter was with her when George asked the questions. It wasn't cool. With that said, she's become a whack-a-doodle, but she is not wrong in how George handled the discussion. Like I said, her support of Trump in the Carroll case is confounding, but George should have handled that much  better. 

• Like 1

Pushing made-up claims, Cruz says, ‘You can’t make this stuff up’

Sen. Ted Cruz used his podcast last week to present his listeners with a scary sounding tale. To hear the Texas Republican tell it, the Biden administration “chartered flights” in order to “import 320,000 illegal aliens” into the United States.

As the senator probably realized, the claims were wildly misleading, but that didn’t stop Cruz from sending out a fundraising appeal this week, under a “Biden is flying illegals into America” subject line. The message to donors read in part:

“The Biden administration’s ‘solution’ to decrease crossings at our southern border was to put 320,000 illegal immigrants on secret flights into cities across America! You can’t make this stuff up.”

That final line — “You can’t make this stuff up” — was of particular interest because, as it turns out, the GOP senator was making stuff up.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

In regards to Mace and George's spat the previous week. She's  the one who should be pissed. Bill Mahar gave her a chance to explain what occurred on his show last Friday night. While I disagree with her perspective of Trump, she's right in that George shouldn't have led off the interview with those questions. He should have told her ahead of time, "I'd like to discuss Trump's civil suit with you." Apparently her daughter was with her when George asked the questions. It wasn't cool. With that said, she's become a whack-a-doodle, but she is not wrong in how George handled the discussion. Like I said, her support of Trump in the Carroll case is confounding, but George should have handled that much  better. 

She wasn't offended, she didn't want to answer the question. Everything done by Mace is a chance for spotlight, a bid for attention. If flip flopping, playing the victim or acting offended will get her views/clicks, she's going to do it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm in the South, ya'll.  I'm not sure if it's the deeeeeeeep south but this is THE SOUTH, no doubt about it.  

We're visiting my wife's aunt and uncle and some other family members and this morning they were watching Fox News.  I haven't seen Fox News in...I can't remember the last time I watched it.  I watched 15 minutes of it this morning and couldn't take it.  No wonder the people that watch that **** on the regular are up in arms, it's ****ing unbelievable.  It's solely designed to get people pissed off and angry, blaming everything and anyone except the viewing audience for any problems.  

I'm sure some of you have seen the results of that poll that came out yesterday that said the USA ranks 23rd on the list of happiest countries in the world.  I think Finland or Sweden was #1.  Israel was #5.  

Anyway, Fox News had this ****ing pinecone at a diner in Richmond running around accosting customers (all of them white, all of them boomer-ish aged) asking them whether they were happy or not.  And the said they were, but then trailed with predictable talking points about the border, etc.  All while enjoying their nice meals and far away from any illegal immigrants or gang activity or problems they mentioned.

• Thumb up 2

18 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

I watched the Mace interivew, she's a ****ing moron, too.  George's question was pretty straightforward, she didn't want to answer it and played the victim.  "How do you square your endorsement of Donald Trump with the testimony you just saw?"  That's not an invite for Mace to tell her story and act like she was being made to feel bad for being a rape victim.  The line of questioning had nothing to do with Mace or her history and she's the one that took it there.  He tried to course correct her and say it wasn't a question about her, it was a question about Donald Trump and she cut him off.

George handled it just fine.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I watched the Mace interivew, she's a ****ing moron, too.  George's question was pretty straightforward, she didn't want to answer it and played the victim.  "How do you square your endorsement of Donald Trump with the testimony you just saw?"  That's not an invite for Mace to tell her story and act like she was being made to feel bad for being a rape victim.  The line of questioning had nothing to do with Mace or her history and she's the one that took it there.  He tried to course correct her and say it wasn't a question about her, it was a question about Donald Trump and she cut him off.

George handled it just fine.  

Agreed. If she needs a safe space, she can stick Newsmax or whatever. She's two-faced. 

• Like 2

Lara Trump’s latest scheme to raise money for the RNC is shameless

Lara Trump, the daughter-in-law of Donald Trump, recently became co-chair of the RNC (Republican National Committee). Before and since her election, Lara has emphasized her number one priority: raising money to secure election victory for Donald.

A new message sent out by the RNC suggests she’s come up with some imaginative ways to achieve this goal. Oh, and that she takes notes directly from the Donald Trump playbook.

A text message received by Republican supporters this week said, “Lara Trump nominated you for LIVING LEGEND STATUS. This is the highest honor the co-chair can bestow, and she selected YOU.”

It then included a link for more details. This turns out just to be a redirect to a page where people can donate money.

“This is not a drill! You’ve been selected as a Republican Living Legend in recognition of your unwavering commitment to conservative values. This highly coveted award can only be bestowed upon the most important Patriots in the Republican Party, and we chose YOU.”

It’s all a tad confusing as another page on the RNC website suggests anyone can sign up to become a “Living Legend” if they provide the organization with their name, email, and phone number.

And what are the benefits of “Living Legend” status? You get a discount voucher to spend at the GOP merchandise store, ‘First look at new store items”, and “Updates from Chairman Whatley”, among other “coveted” perks.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 5

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/candace-owens-daily-wire-out-1235949509/

Controversial right-wing commentator Candace Owens and the Daily Wire have parted ways.

“Daily Wire and Candace Owens have ended their relationship,” Daily Wire CEO Jeremy Boreing wrote in a post on X (formerly Twitter) Friday. He did not elaborate on the circumstances behind the move.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Sounds like he's trying to incorporate some of his father's speaking mannerisms and vocal inflection into the way he talks.  Weird.

• Thumb up 2