Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

18 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The maga gop will eventually die if they don’t win power.

You’ll see the gop split into 2. The crazy magas and the old school republicans.

And neither of those groups will vote for democrats.  Nor will a lot of independents.

So basically no change.

I find it fascinating that Democrats don't seem to understand that the Republicans can simultaneously self-immolate and win.  Oh sure..."republican voters are low information idiots".

Idiots that vote.

We have a thread declaring "Im tired of trying to understand Trump supporters".  Agreed...they wont budge.  But that is not the same as saying "Im tired of trying to understand the GOP".  If Democrats want to capitalize on the GOP internal conflict, they gotta figure out what the disillusioned Republicans  find so repugnant about the democratic platform, and inch in a direction that might give those people a home.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

And neither of those groups will vote for democrats.  Nor will a lot of independents.

So basically no change.

I find it fascinating that Democrats don't seem to understand that the Republicans can simultaneously self-immolate and win.  Oh sure..."republican voters are low information idiots".

Idiots that vote.

We have a thread declaring "Im tired of trying to understand Trump supporters".  Agreed...they wont budge.  But that is not the same as saying "Im tired of trying to understand the GOP".  If Democrats want to capitalize on the GOP internal conflict, they gotta figure out what the disillusioned Republicans  find so repugnant about the democratic platform, and inch in a direction that might give those people a home.

You act like one party isn't already compromising and hasn't been trying to reach across the aisle.

The problem is, MAGA doesn't want to compromise. Authoritarianism doesn't allow for it. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

You act like one party isn't already compromising and hasn't been trying to reach across the aisle.

The problem is, MAGA doesn't want to compromise. Authoritarianism doesn't allow for it. 

***sigh***

pancake-head_1571293i.jpg.a5ca7bd71dd348e13c70a6d38c7d52cf.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

If Democrats want to capitalize on the GOP internal conflict, they gotta figure out what the disillusioned Republicans  find so repugnant about the democratic platform, and inch in a direction that might give those people a home.

That's why I want Biden to stress the differences between his response to Russia-Ukraine and the GOPs.  

One of the defining attributes of the old GOP was their constant flag waving about how much they hated Russia.  Either you were a Republican Patriot - or you were a Russia-loving Democrat.  

Rub people's noses in the fact that a vote for the GOP is a vote to help Russia conquer a small Baltic country.  A "war" that we can win, simply by throwing some money at defense contractors.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

So basically no change.

Idiots that vote.

Republican voters don't even know what they find so repugnant about the democratic platform. They don't know anything, about why they feel about anything. Half of what they believe about Democrats are lies or conspiracy theories anyways. Haha! How do you convince someone you don't eat babies? No, I don't have any evidence that I didn't try to sell an army of furries to China.

However, they USED to vote. They don't vote for the party anymore, they vote for Trump. It used to be that Republicans would line up behind any candidate and vote for them because it was for the good of the party. Vote for the party, not for the person. They're not like that anymore, they're all about the person. The person who is one of the most unpopular presidents in history, the person who turns out record voters against him out of pure hate. A guy who hasn't won ANYTHING since 2016, when we all slept on this guy and thought we had it in the bag Hillary. The Democrats are now the "vote for the party, not for the person" party. It was a hard lesson after 2016, but it was a well learned one. 

This is the same guy who has also told his own people not to vote, not to vote by mail, the election is rigged, etc. I'm not going to say that is a reason why he loses, but I'm sure it isn't helpful. I don't think we need to understand these people anymore, I think we're trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. We're afraid to call them what they really are...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not afraid of calling them fascists, unless they outright condemn the party of Trump. Him taking over the RNC is the last straw for anyone who calls themselves a Republican and who doesn't realize that Trump and his party are fascists and doesn't get out is a fascist too by association.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Wasn't sure where to put this, but this clip from Ben Shapiro yesterday is getting a lot of attention:

I thought for most people these days, Medicare was 65, but full SS benefits are at 67, and you can start collecting and receive less as early as 62 and max out if you wait until 70.

Shapiro seems all over the place. If you want to make the case of raising the age for full SS, fine...although I'm not sure what that age is. It's also true that there are people who don't deal with retirement well from the sense of purpose angle. But Shapiro brings up Biden so much in this clip alone that it seems like his purpose is just to highlight "how old Joe is."

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I’m against raising the age. 

medicine/healthcare is better, but I don’t believe that translates into people should be required to work longer. 

I’m retiring at 55. People that think you should work into your 70’s are nuts. If you love what you do, fine. But the sooner I have no obligations to others the better. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Let's see...work into your 70s when the US life expectancy has now dropped to 73 for males. 🤔

Fwiw I'm all for Shapiro lowering that median. 

Also..I'd like to report a murder.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

45 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m against raising the age. 

medicine/healthcare is better, but I don’t believe that translates into people should be required to work longer. 

I’m retiring at 55. People that think you should work into your 70’s are nuts. If you love what you do, fine. But the sooner I have no obligations to others the better. 

I recommend retiring at 40. I've been a fan so far.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I find it fascinating that Democrats don't seem to understand that the Republicans can simultaneously self-immolate and win.

That already happened in 2016. The actual Republican Party died forever that day. All that’s left is the crooks, the idiots that the crooks can easily manipulate with lies, and the giant assholes who are easily manipulated by hate.

6 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm not afraid of calling them fascists

You don’t say. I hadn’t noticed 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I recommend retiring at 40. I've been a fan so far.

Unlike you, I have not put in the work to deserve such a thing.

but congrats, you earned it :cheers:

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Unlike you, I have not put in the work to deserve such a thing.

but congrats, you earned it :cheers:

Yep, he deserves every minute of it.  :cheers:

If not for a motorcycle accident when I was young*and extremely stupid*, I could have retired USN at 38. 

The changes at the RNC are nuts. 

and it looks like a version of the project 2025 stuff. What team Trump is doing the RNC, is exactly what they will do to the federal government if they win. 

from where I sit - if they win, and are successful, and decide to cancel the 2028 election for whatever reasons they come up with, I’m not really sure who’s left to stand in the way. 

giant conspiracy theory, I get it, take it with a grain of salt. But that’s what I see at the moment. The RNC is a template for project 2025, on a smaller scale and easier to do because the power dynamic is way different than federal government. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, tshile said:

The changes at the RNC are nuts. 

and it looks like a version of the project 2025 stuff. What team Trump is doing the RNC, is exactly what they will do to the federal government if they win. 

from where I sit - if they win, and are successful, and decide to cancel the 2028 election for whatever reasons they come up with, I’m not really sure who’s left to stand in the way. 

giant conspiracy theory, I get it, take it with a grain of salt. But that’s what I see at the moment. The RNC is a template for project 2025, on a smaller scale and easier to do because the power dynamic is way different than federal government. 

I don't think you're making a very big leap here. I'm more convinced with every action that's their end game. And the chuckle-****s that support this **** are more than happy to drag us down into the void with them. We're in for some incredibly dark times should this sociopath get another crack at things.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1