Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Um...so basically his lawyer just admitted that Cawthorn participated in an insurrection against the United States of America. Sort of blows the whole "this wasn't an insurrection" narrative out of the water.

Not a lawyer. But I suspect the argument he's trying to make is "The crime he's charged with was repealed by Congress."

And he can make that argument without saying the client is guilty. 

At least as far as I understand The legal terms, there's what are called "affirmative defenses". Which I think of as "Yeah, I did it, but ....". For example, shooting somebody in self defense. 

But I don't think citing this law is one of those cases. 

The tip hotline Youngkin set up to report teachers for CRT is rightfully being spammed. 

here is a website that automatically generates an email to send to the hotline with lyrics from Hey Ya included. You can also edit it. 

“you know what to doooooo” people. Get on it. 

https://crtmail.netlify.app

539FCEC3-D6C2-45CD-BD3D-ED0E88F2D0C6.thumb.jpeg.84bf972cdded638586cb155821ccfb3a.jpeg

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The tip hotline Youngkin set up to report teachers for CRT is rightfully being spammed. 

here is a website that automatically generates an email to send to the hotline with lyrics from Hey Ya included. You can also edit it. 

539FCEC3-D6C2-45CD-BD3D-ED0E88F2D0C6.thumb.jpeg.84bf972cdded638586cb155821ccfb3a.jpeg

Mine:

"I was recently told Rock Ridge High School in Ashburn is teaching CRT. I overheard my neighbor's daughter saying "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down".

Please do something."

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I sent this one about 30 different times 

I think Unity Reed High School in Manassas is teaching critical race theory. My kids said "If it don't hang, then he can't bang".

• Haha 6

An ex-Army private who waved a 'Pepe the Frog' flag during Capitol riot was sentenced to 44 months in prison for assaulting officers

An ex-Army private who threw objects at law enforcement during the Capitol riot received a 44-month sentence after pleading guilty to a felony count of assaulting officers in November.

Nicholas Languerand, of Little River, South Carolina, was sentenced to more than three years behind bars following a ruling by US District Judge John Bates on Wednesday. Languerand, who has been jailed since his arrest in April 2021, will receive credit for time already served.

Prosecutors initially recommended a 51-month sentence for the defendant, but Bates offered a "modest reduction" in his final ruling, citing Languerand's "extremely difficult and chaotic upbringing," according to Reuters.

Glad to see these guys getting some time, don't like that he was able to use his crappy life for leniency though. Doesn't seem to work for minorities, shouldn't work for this guy.

• Like 2