Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photos from today's Rookie Camp

themurf

The Washington Redskins held a minicamp for their rookies and undrafted free agents in the practice bubble at Redskins Park, May 13. Jonathan Allen, Ryan Anderson and the rest of the team's draft picks, as well as eight college free agents, seven first-year veterans and 37 others on a tryout basis were all doing their best to make a strong first impression with the coaching staff. Here's a gallery of my favorite images I was able to capture during the day's festivities. Take a look and let me know how I did.

Rookie01.jpg

Rookie02.jpg

Rookie03.jpg

Rookie04.jpg

Rookie05.jpg

Rookie06.jpg

Rookie07.jpg

Rookie08.jpg

Rookie09.jpg

Rookie10.jpg

Rookie11.jpg

Rookie12.jpg

Rookie13.jpg

Rookie14.jpg

Rookie15.jpg

Rookie16.jpg

Rookie17.jpg

Rookie18.jpg

Rookie19.jpg

Rookie20.jpg

Rookie21.jpg

Rookie22.jpg

Rookie23.jpg

Rookie24.jpg

Rookie25.jpg

Rookie26.jpg

Rookie27.jpg

Rookie28.jpg

Rookie29.jpg

Rookie30.jpg

Rookie31.jpg

Rookie32.jpg

I have a great feeling about this 2017 rookie class.  Names like Allen, Anderson, Moreau, Perine, Sprinkle, and Holsey are giving me a very good feeling about the future of the Redskins.  If they become great again, I suspect this draft class will be a major reason why.

7 hours ago, RedskinsInFebruary said:

What's with the helmet name tags?  Is that something I just never noticed before?

Probably just a way to help identify players. Only the guys actually signed have the a name on their jerseys (which can only be seen from behind), though I doubt coaches are familiar with the numbers yet anyway. Plus all the tryout guys don't have names on their jerseys. So a name on the helmet helps

6 hours ago, VRIEL1 said:

Who are the QB's? # 4, 5, and 6?

Edit: and #3?

# 3 is QB Cody Keith New Mexico Highlands

# 4 is shared by QB Alex Sydner (Tufts) and P Tyler Hull (South Carolina)

# 5 is QB Mike Fafaul (UCLA)

# 6 is shared by QB Oluwafemi Bamiro (North Carolina A&T) and P Hunter Windermuller (WIlliam & Mary)

Archived