Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your (not so) Hot Takes for 2017-18 Season

Hail2theSkins24

Now that the draft is finished, I figured this would be a fun thread to throw some early predictions. Give us some juicy predictions that might go against the grain. Let's not go all Skip Bayless, but realistic hot takes it that makes any sense. "Kirk Cousins will lead the team in passing yards," is an example of what NOT to predict in here. I'll start with a few that I think will happen....

1. Breeland leads team with INT's

2. Preston Smith leads team in sacks 

3. Doctson is active ALL 16 games

4. We lose only 2 division games 

5. Fat Rob leads team in carries and rushing yards (sounds like a very cold take but many are expecting Perine to be the man)

Interested to see what you guys got, have fun with this!

1. I think Breeland starts the season as a starter and is benched by mid-season.

2. Galette stays healthy and leads the team with 12 sacks.

3. Kirk throws 40+ TD's. And the team still doesn't give him a LTD... :angry:

4. Pryor puts up 1,400 yards and 15 TD's.

Love the above predictions. If they come true, it will be a fun season.

1) Sua Cravens makes the pro bowl and becomes a fan favorite

2) In the long run, we don't miss Pierre and Desean.

3) Now that our defense is back to being average, our special teams goes down hill (I hope not, but it is hard to have all 3 teams playing at a high level)

This will come from missed field goals, pooched punts and fumbles during returns, not from coverage

4) Kirk makes completions to 8 or more players in 50% of the games

Just for fun....

1. Philly ends the season with an empty trophy case, still.

2. Cowboys choke in the playoffs after being a preseason favorite to win it all AGAIN by all the mainstream media.

3. Injury bug finally bites Eli and the Giants sputter to a last place finish but lose a 1st round pick due to a salary cap violation.

4. Redskins Defense finishes season as #1 ranked defense.

Cousins gets his LTD. Then proceeds to go out and throw for 5000+ yards and 35+ TDs. Everyone finally STFU about if he can play or not

Pryor goes off. 1200+ and 13 TD's

Doctson starts slow, but finishes strong

Defense becomes respectable, and physical. QB's do not fair well. 40+ sacks

Running game becomes a force. Perine and Kelley provide a 1-2 punch that grinds opposing defenses, especially late in the year.

12-4 record, winning the division

1) Cousins is signed to a LTD by the deadline...

2) Defensive front 7 is far better than people could have predicted...

3) Skins lose no more than 2 games by the halfway mark of the season...

4) Jessica McCloughan will be tweeting about the Redskins all damn season...

5) Doctson doesn't disappoint, looks to be legit...

6) Ryan Grant is replaced by Mo Harris

7) Eli's production falls off a cliff...

8) Dak's sophomore season starts resembling what a 4th round QB normally looks like...

9) Wentz still needs a lot of seasoning...

10) Cousins throws over 30 TDs and has a better than 2:1 TD/INT ratio...

11) 10-6 wins the division...

That I need to start wearing diapers on a count of how much I **** my pants because how are top ten over all defense is playing and our in the top 5 again offense performs despite loosing our top two receivers..a very slumpy season, by mid season rumors begin of the rookie taking over for eli, back to earth dak, and we own Philly..division winners and first time playoff win since 04-05 season.

Can you imagine if the Redskins won the division 3 of the last 6 years?...and had back-to-back-to-back winning seasons? lol...3 winning seasons in a row, 3 playoff appearances and 3 division titles in the last 6 years...I don't think any NFC East team has won the division at least 3 times in 6 years since the Eagles 15 years ago.

01) Paul/Lauvao/Hall don't make final roster

02) 10 rookies do make final roster (7 drafted/3 undrafted)

03) Doctson leads team in receiving yards (1,200+)/ Reed in TD

04) Kelley leads rushing yards (1,000+)/ Perine in TD

05) Cousins 4,400-4,700 yards, 31+ TD

06) One of Kerrigan/Anderson/Brown have 15+ sacks

07) OL allows under 25 sacks

08) 2-0 v PHI, 1-1 v DAL, 0-2 v NYG

09) 5 Pro Bowlers, 2 All-Pro

10) 10 wins, playoffs, Wildcard win

-Gallette is healthy and hungry, and leads the team in sacks

-We end up top 5 in total sacks and top 10 overall on D.

-Jordan Reed gets injured(again).  50-50 chance it's another concussion and his career is in jeapordy

-Samaje Perine takes over the starting job by mid season.

-Cousins struggles for a few games, comes back with a string of strong performances, and looks at Snyder in the owner's box and makes a comment that becomes the rallying cry of the 2017 skins(following "you like that!" & "how you like me now?!")

-Dallas and Philly struggle, division comes down to us vs. the Giants.

-We make the playoffs, Cousins gets the transition tag, and the whole Cousins-to-SF drama starts again next offseason

-Kirk Cousins signs long term deal

-Redskins sweep division

-Dak Prescott suffers a career ending injury

-Eli Manning throws more interceptions than touchdowns

-Eagles finish second in NFC East

-Jonathan Allen breaks rookie sack record and finishes with 15. He also becomes the first defensive player in team history to win Defensive Rookie of The Year, and Defensive Player of The Year.

-Defense finishes top 3 in NFL

-Cousins throws for 4,700 yds. 40 td's, 10 int's and wins Offensive Player of The Year.

-Pryor goes for 1,500 yds. and 15 td's

-Perine rushes for 1,200 yds and 12 td's

-Redskins look like 1991 Skins reincarnated 

-14-2 Record

-Super Bowl 52 is a classic, Redskins 28 Patriots 27

-Kirk Cousins and Jonathan Allen are co MVP'S

-Allen records Super Bowl record 5 sacks en route to a future Hall of Fame career that rivals Reggie White's 

1. Cousins signs a LTD

2. Pierce makes us forget Garcon and DJax, catching over 1400 and 10 TDs 

3. Crowder plays well enough to be in the probowl

4. Cousins throws easily for over 5000 yards and 30 TDs with 10 INTs.   

5. Perine is the main RB and comfortably gets 1000 yards, reminds us of Riggo light.

6. Allen is who we all thought he was, a freaking STUD.  with him in the middle our run D goes from 28th to 13 against the run.

7. Kerrigan/Gallett/Smith/Anderson/Allen combine for top 5 in the league in QB and QB hurries.

8.  First time in forever we win more than 10 games and take the division.

Kirk's yardage numbers drop to 4300, but his TDs nearly double.

Matt Jones becomes the Giants leading rusher.

Pryor puts up 1500 yards. Redskins debate whether to franchise him, or pay the enormous cost of a third year tag on Cousins.

Lanier finishes with more sacks (5) than Preston Smith(4).

Running back by committee puts the Skins in top 5 rushing teams, despite not having a 1k yard back.

Ionnaidis goes back to practice squad.

Fabian Moreau ends up as pup. Fuller shines and eventually wins spot opposite Norman. Breeland relegated to nickel.

Colt McCoy goes 0-2 as a starter, filling in for an injured Kirk Cousins. We get a disturbing glimpse of a post-Kirk world.

Manusky switches D back to a 4-3, with Lanier and Allen as the DEs, Ziggy and others rotating as DTs. Agent Smith gets moved around on passing downs, while Mr. Anderson eventually works his way into playing time.

Phil Taylor falls on Junior Galette during OTAs, ending both of their seasons. 

1) due to defenses loading up on Pryor/Crowder/Reed early, Doctson will come out the gates hot.  Then defenses will adjust, he will have the typical rookie WR issues (specifically, consistently beating press-man), & it won't matter too muvh because the offense will have been unlocked by then. 

2) Perine gets 13+ TDs, Kelley gets the bulk of rushing yards, CT the passing yards, but Perine takes over late as the primary back.  Mostly due to his punishing style.  

3) red zone offense drastically improves...we see a boatload of fade routes converted to actually TDs, & memes regarding Gruden flippantly calling fade routes indignantly AT fans who mocked him previously for it will be at an all time high.

4) Jonathan Allen will record a whopping 7.5 sacks...which is high, but not that high for a DT.  The shocking part will be that this helps HBKerrigan break the 14 sack barrier....i want to say he gets upwards of 16 sacks this year, but i will temper my bet at 14+.  Many of them will be effort sacks where he gets beyond the QB's drop, & comes back inside, & gets a sack vecause Allen forced pursuit in his direction.

5) KC signed by deadline, answers all questions about "elitenessicity."  I think with this offense he can throw for around 35 TDs, & 7 INTs, & 5,000 yards.  All of which are cool....but i think he leads the league in QBR this year...which will ultimately be what shuts down the negativity towards him.

6) i want Bree Island to finally take that next step...alas...i think Moreau takes over by week 4,  Bree moves to slot CB full time, & leads all rookies with INTs.  Only for DROY to go to Jonathan Allen.  His impact will be sudden, & resolute.  Count it.

7)  i feel that we are still in a transition of sorts...so i find it hard to see us winning as much as we probably would in normal years.  I see us having trouble with odd opponents in between toughies.   If we nail that, then i see us either being great on the road, & bad at home...or vice-versa.  Do we get over the primetime bugaboo?  Can we win in Seattle? Or KC?  & will we get off to a legitimate hot start for once?  Or will we comestumbline out the gate again?  

I feel like our biggest hurdle to a succesful season is our mentality.  All the scenarios listed in the last one basically amount to how much we let it effect us...which shouldn't be an issue for an NFL team...except, they have.  This is what i want to see most this year before i believe in anything beyond steady improvement.  I need to see us taking it to opponnents with moxi, & i want us to be out there having fun.  We need a solid blowout or 2 against a decent opponent also.  in order for me to feel like we've made the right strides, i need to see us out there playing a different game at times than our opponent.  If i see those things...then 12-4 is certainly attainable.  If not...then probably another year in mediocrity before we take another step. 

Just my hot-takes. 

Archived