Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Might check it out. I didn't really understand what I was listening to on Lasers, and he lost me after that

Lupe is on my Mt. Rushmore of hip-hop lyricists, but so much of his **** feels like work. to the point of it not really being enjoyable

lyricism will always be first and foremost for me, but something about his music doesn't lend it to much replay valuable. I'll always check for his music, but I have no expectations for the new project

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Lupe is on my Mt. Rushmore of hip-hop lyricists, but so much of his **** feels like work. to the point of it not really being enjoyable

lyricism will always be first and foremost for me, but something about his music doesn't lend it to much replay valuable. I'll always check for his music, but I have no expectations for the new project

I get that with T&Y. A lot of deep concepts on there. A lot of his music is like a deep movie. Its better if you can sit down and pay attention when listening. Which personally i love

This new album is different though. Its a concept album so it definitely has a lot of deep concepts you can dive into, but he struck a great balance this time with having amazing music you can just vibe with too. Musically, its his best album IMO. And there are a few songs that may be the best flowing ive ever heard in my life

Edited by mammajamma

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Joell Ortiz & Apollo Brown's new project, Mona Lisa, is pretty good.

Apollo Brown put together two really good albums this year, one with Joell and the other with Locksmith

I like that Locksmith album a lot. Litmus is one of my favorite tracks of the year. Apollo Brown always produces fire.

21 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I like that Locksmith album a lot. Litmus is one of my favorite tracks of the year. Apollo Brown always produces fire.

I had just recently got into Locksmith a little before that album released. That man is incredibly consistent as a rapper, he's pretty high on my list right now.

• Like 1

I don’t know who those rappers are.

Whar I do know is that I hate Kanye West but **** it if is stupid damn songs aren’t catchy as hell.  His dumbas just makes repetitive beats that get stuck in your ear and lyrics that just repeat and repeat until your at work humming a tune and thinking to yourself, “you’re such a ****ing ho, I love it, I love it” over and over and over and over.

**** Kanye West.

• 3 weeks later...

Prosecutors say the acts of violence were intended to protect the gang's drug biz, retaliate against rival gangs or promote Nine Trey's rep on the streets.

2:55 PM PT -- Tekashi and his crew conspired to commit a slew of crimes, including drug deals, armed robberies and shootings ... according to the federal indictment.

The feds believe Tekashi himself pulled an armed robbery on April 3 along with his ex-manager, Shottie, and 2 other members of the Nine Trey Bloods. According to the docs, they robbed gang rivals at gunpoint.

The indictment also mentions the April 21 shooting incident at Barclays Center in Brooklyn ... and fingers Fuguan Lovick as the trigger man.

The indictment, first reported by the NY Daily News, lists 17 counts dating back to 2013.

The feds also say Tekashi and associates were hawking heroin, fentanyl, MDMA and marijuana all over NYC.

STOOPID