Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things in movies you never quite understood...

codeorama

Ok, so, I watched Jack Reacher recently and one of the things I could not grasp was how "the Zek" was in charge.

So, the Zek, or "prisoner" survived a gulag by chewing off his fingers and what not, I get it, he's a survivor, had to do some terrible things... 

But why did the sniper follow his orders? I would have just shot him. He wasn't some trained ninja, he didn't have a vast security force, he didn't even have a weapon.

In John Wick, the main baddy could at least fight.

In Star Wars A New Hope. I always wondered why Luke's last name was Skywalker while living with and being raised by Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. If he was to be kept a secret and hidden away, why wasn't he known as Luke Lars?

In "Batman, The Dark Knight Rises", there's this part of the movie where the theater lowers the lights, and all the way up until they start showing us the credits, i'm totally lost as to why any of what happens is happening.

~Bang

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

In "Batman, The Dark Knight Rises", there's this part of the movie where the theater lowers the lights, and all the way up until they start showing us the credits, i'm totally lost as to why any of what happens is happening.

~Bang

What's the deal with Tom Cruise's son in War of the Worlds?  Halfway through, he's charging over the hill into certain death.  An hour later he's taking brunch with the grandparents in lovely East Boston.

And what in the hell was going on for 2+ hours in Batman vs Superman?  **** that movie!

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

And what in the hell was going on for 2+ hours in Batman vs Superman?  **** that movie!

Speaking of which, if Superman had to talk to Batman so badly, why not just fly around behind him, pin him down and start talking. I mean, his strategy was straight out of the revolutionary war just walking straight ahead. 

12 minutes ago, DM72 said:

But she wasn't a queen when she died. At least that's the reason I've read when this question is raised.

Offspring of a Princess would also a princess or prince. See England as Prince Charles' kids are Princes even though he's not King.  

32 minutes ago, Bang said:

~Bang

Hard to think of a more overrated movie.

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Offspring of a Princess would also a princess or prince. See England as Prince Charles' kids are Princes even though he's not King.  

That's a little different. Padme was elected queen. That actually might explain a lot.

In a million movies, why do siblings always refer to each other by their relation?  "sis" or "little brother" or whatever.  

Does Hollywood think we're so dumb we can't remember how these characters are related if they don't remind us every five minutes?  

3 hours ago, Yohan said:

In Star Wars A New Hope. I always wondered why Luke's last name was Skywalker while living with and being raised by Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. If he was to be kept a secret and hidden away, why wasn't he known as Luke Lars?

Maybe Skywalker is a common last name?  

Archived