Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things in movies you never quite understood...

codeorama

1 hour ago, Bliz said:

In a million movies, why do siblings always refer to each other by their relation?  "sis" or "little brother" or whatever.  

Does Hollywood think we're so dumb we can't remember how these characters are related if they don't remind us every five minutes?  

Movies? People do that in real life.

So...Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from 1971.  The guy who asks Peter to steal a gobstopper but secretly works for Wonka...how in the world is he able to be exactly where each golden ticket is found?  He is immediately there whispering into each kids ear, despite being found in multiple different countries.

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Offspring of a Princess would also a princess or prince. See England as Prince Charles' kids are Princes even though he's not King.  

But that doesn't explain why she is referred to as princess in ANH if she was supposed to be kept hidden as Padme's daughter to protect her from Vader/empire 

i mean ive always understood why she was a princess thru the lineage of her mother the queen. But she shouldn't be called that if they are trying to hide her 

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Speaking of which, if Superman had to talk to Batman so badly, why not just fly around behind him, pin him down and start talking. I mean, his strategy was straight out of the revolutionary war just walking straight ahead. 

Hes Superman he didn't think Bats had anything for him. 

But really this is the same reason Superman doesn't just pick up any enemy he faces and toss them into the sun. It makes for a lame story 

-----

why did Hyman Roth's goons say "Michael Corleone says hi" when they tried to strangle Pentangelli to death? Sure it worked out that he survived and thought Michael ordered the hit but there would be no reason for the goons to say that unless it was to make Pentangelli think he had been betrayed for the final 30 seconds of his life lol

Goonies...At the end when Data says "the octopus was scary".  I would have no idea what this meant but one time (out of the thousand I've watched this movie) I saw an extended version that included the kids being attacked by an octopus.  It isn't on the TV version, the normal DVD version, etc.  It was a cut scene, but they left in the reference to it.  Internet research showed that a ton of people were confused by this.

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Who shot first at the end of Reservoir Dogs?

Go to 1:58

The old man

Another thing that confused me was if Harvey Keitel/Mr. White shot the old man, then who shot his son /track suit guy I used to think it was Tim Roth/Mr. Orange/undercover police guy, but if you slow it down it seems like Mr. White shots the old man, then is able to shoot track suit guy while simulataneously being shot by him.  

I don't think the shootout is supposed to really make sense though.  Tarantino just wanted everyone to die at the end Hamlet style and but didn't write in enough characters to realistically pull it off.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

How did the T Rex get out of the paddock?

When the truck falls down, over the barrier, it seemed way deeper than a T Rex is tall.

IMG_1659.PNG

The explorer doesn't go over the edge directly where the the TRex came from. There is a moat there where the topography changes and the sharp ravine hits on the other side to further enclose the Rex. During the SUV tipping attack on the kids, it is pushed forward and past this moat/barrier

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The explorer doesn't go over the edge directly where the the TRex came from. There is a barrier there where the topography changes and the sharp ravine hits on the other side to further enclose the Rex. During the SUV tipping attack on the kids, it is pushed forward and past this barrier  

Ill buy that for a buck fifty.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But that doesn't explain why she is referred to as princess in ANH if she was supposed to be kept hidden as Padme's daughter to protect her from Vader/empire 

i mean ive always understood why she was a princess thru the lineage of her mother the queen. But she shouldn't be called that if they are trying to hide her 

Probably lots of Princesses throughout the galaxy, but it is odd that Vader never really felt the force or anything when around her. 

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

So...Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from 1971.  The guy who asks Peter to steal a gobstopper but secretly works for Wonka...how in the world is he able to be exactly where each golden ticket is found?  He is immediately there whispering into each kids ear, despite being found in multiple different countries.

Probably because Wonka knows where all of the ticketed bars were shipped.

edit: Riddle me this: How was Wonka able to get away with giving away prizes only in their purchasable candy bars without the government slamming down on them for gambling?  Whenever companies have these games of chance on their products, they're required to have the ability to play with no purchase necessary.  Ugh, totally unrealistic.

19 minutes ago, redskinss said:

How does a goatee and 13 years keep everybody from recognizing edmond dontez?

He's declared dead and13 years pass. People move on especially when the man comes back as one of the wealthiest men they'd ever seen. 

They had had no reason to think otherwise. Not like they could easily go to their instagram album and look up a picture of Desmond. They're relying solely on 13 yr old memories and maybe one drawn portrait 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nothing in Star Wars makes sense if you examine it too closely.  I'll give you an example, their spaceships appear to have brakes.  They have massive engines mounted on the back, but when they want to stop... they just stop.  Think about that.

39 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Probably because Wonka knows where all of the ticketed bars were shipped.

edit: Riddle me this: How was Wonka able to get away with giving away prizes only in their purchasable candy bars without the government slamming down on them for gambling?  Whenever companies have these games of chance on their products, they're required to have the ability to play with no purchase necessary.  Ugh, totally unrealistic.

Mr Slugworth was actually in an ally waiting for Charlie. How did he know the precise route Charlie was going to take to get home?

Answer that. lol

8 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

How is it the aliens in Signs are advanced enough to travel from light years away, but can't break free from a locked door.

Even better...this was the movie where it turns out water hurts them, right?  How are they able to travel/live in our atmosphere?

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How come no one, including a bunch of investigative journalist,  realize that doofus with glasses is superman?

No doubt, the glasses really conceal his identity...?

9 hours ago, DM72 said:

Mr Slugworth was actually in an ally waiting for Charlie. How did he know the precise route Charlie was going to take to get home?

Answer that. lol

This is so funny because I literally watched this movie with my son who had never seen it and he asked right away, "How did he know Charlie was going to be there"...

Archived