Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things in movies you never quite understood...

codeorama

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

Thats just an opinion, really. It's never made clear. Did Redfoot exist?  

Question is, did Verbal make the entire story up, or just change the names?

I think that was made up. Wasn't there a Redfoot on the cops board? 

The question I have is how long did Verbal exist? Did he intentionally create this character years ago? The cops seemed to have records on him. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I think that was made up. Wasn't there a Redfoot on the cops board? 

The question I have is how long did Verbal exist? Did he intentionally create this character years ago? The cops seemed to have records on him. 

And was he actually Keyser Scoze?  And does yhat person exist?  Or was that just cover for Verbal?

If redfoot didnt exist, there is no kobayashi.  That was his boss.  So really, best explanation is yhat all those things happened, just with different names

13 hours ago, Bang said:

It's hardly fair to even begin to put Shymalan movies on this page.

Really, we could spend all month on just them..   but Signs..  Signs makes NO SENSE.

As said, this alien can't negotiate a pantry door after developing a ship that can traverse a galaxy.

They are killed by water, and yet land on a planet that is obviously nearly ALL water.. we've seen pics of us from space, it's pretty clear to anyone with a scientific mind.. which one would assume aliens that are capable of interstellar travel ARE.

But not only do they land on a planet that is 75% water, they are seen in BRAZIL, which is nearly all rain forest. Death for them literally falls from the sky practically every single day there, but there they are..

Maybe the aliens that run around aren't the ones flying the ships.  They are either slaves or animals kept as a sort of hunting dog and released for sport.  They didn't seem to have any clothing or weaponry, they just ran around stalking prey.  Their masters may not care if they are hurt by water, perhaps it even makes watching it all that much more enjoyable like dog fighting the point is as much the brutality as the outcome.

15 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Usual Suspects --- what really happened? If Verbal aka Keysar Soze just made the story up as he went along .. then how did all those guys end up dead on the boat? 

Really bugs me. 

My theory is that Soze is actually a myth created to scare people.    Keaton, Kint and Kobayashi (hey, KKK, never noticed that before) conspire in order to get McManus, Fenster and Hockney to do their duty work for them, after which they are promptly and conveniently disposed off, possibly for the exact reason Kobyashi stated - that they had wronged "Soze" and had to pay the price.

Evidence: Keaton is the only one who knows Verbal Kint during the voice lineup and vouches for him.

Kint is the one who pulls the trigger on Saul Berg, probably his rival in the drug business.

In the beginning scene on the docks, Keaton and the mysterious trenchcoat guy, which I call MTG (who I think is Kobayashi) act like they know each other, although that dialog is puzzling, pretty sure it goes something like

Keaton: "What time is it?"

MTG: "9:30(or some time I forget).  You ready?"

MTG:  (shoots Keaton)

Although its strange that Keaton lights the gasoline which blows up the boat while MTG is still on board.  That scene is weird one way or another

I'm not 100% on Keaton, possibly.  But as Kujan (the cop) says, they never find Keaton's body and he wants to be sure he's dead.  And Keaton had a history of faking his own death, very much like Soze.

The only reason to have Edie killed is for Keaton to tie up loose ends 

Most of what Kint told Kujan was correct, but with the names made up so Kujan can't actually track anyone down. From the perspective of McManus, Fenster and Hockney, this story at least makes sense.

7 hours ago, Destino said:

Maybe the aliens that run around aren't the ones flying the ships.  They are either slaves or animals kept as a sort of hunting dog and released for sport.  They didn't seem to have any clothing or weaponry, they just ran around stalking prey.  Their masters may not care if they are hurt by water, perhaps it even makes watching it all that much more enjoyable like dog fighting the point is as much the brutality as the outcome.

that is THE most logical explanation i've ever heard.

Kudos!

~Bang

IMO y'all are missing the point w/ The Usual Suspects, VK was KS, engineered the whole thing for his own reasons, some revealed, some not, and then boldly limped into the station and face to face bull****ted the lead investigator for his personal amusement and split. Exactly what happened when, where and to whom was never supposed to be clear, the whole thrust of the story was that Keyser Soze was the devil, the boogeyman, exactly as billed and then pulled off his greatest trick, making them think he didn't even exist, calling everything into question. He sat there and spun a complete, coherent tale out of thin air at the drop of a hat, and did it well enough to satisfy the cops and then walked away untouched. I think he absolutely wanted Kujan to "get it" just moments too late, so that there was nothing left, ashes blowing away and nothing to go on.

The fact that people are still arguing about who did what years later shows how tightly crafted it was, there never were any answers.

9 hours ago, LD0506 said:

IMO y'all are missing the point w/ The Usual Suspects, VK was KS, engineered the whole thing for his own reasons, some revealed, some not, and then boldly limped into the station and face to face bull****ted the lead investigator for his personal amusement and split. Exactly what happened when, where and to whom was never supposed to be clear, the whole thrust of the story was that Keyser Soze was the devil, the boogeyman, exactly as billed and then pulled off his greatest trick, making them think he didn't even exist, calling everything into question. He sat there and spun a complete, coherent tale out of thin air at the drop of a hat, and did it well enough to satisfy the cops and then walked away untouched. I think he absolutely wanted Kujan to "get it" just moments too late, so that there was nothing left, ashes blowing away and nothing to go on.

The fact that people are still arguing about who did what years later shows how tightly crafted it was, there never were any answers.

But then again, maybe Kobayashi was Scoze.  Or maybe Scoze didnt ever exist at all, but that doesnt explain why they all ended up on the boat to kill a man who could recognize KS, nor that mans reaction when he saw his killer

Archived