Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Looks like the run was a short one...  Here are the picks made in the Mr. Belvedere's absence (pesky sleep!). Off to bed myself.

Cinn - Davon Godchaux, DT LSU

Denver - Adam Bisnowaty, OT Pittsburgh

Miami - Tanzel Smart, DT Tulane

Appreciated ta. 

Duly updated. 

Hail. 

*MESSAGE FROM THE LEAGUE OFFICE*

Unfortunately (in no small part for the Cardinals in view of any potential missed targets), we regrettably have our 6th skip of the 2017 NFL Draft and third in Round 5. 

Arizona Cardinals (@Reaper Skins)  awarded suspended time violation penalty for exceeding allotted time slot. This will now be carried over the rest of the draft. If they exceed the time limit again and get skipped, their allotted time will be halved as per the rules. 

Arizona can still jump back in at any time through the rest of the round to make their selection. 

This now places, with the 35th Pick (4th Compensatory) in the 5th Round, and 179th overall selection

THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS ON THE CLOCK! 

-Commissioner Belvedere 

Hail. 

41 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Bills go BPA and select Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tennessee. Busy at work will do a little write up in a bit 

Can see why he'd be a BPA on your board. If he stays healthy, starting potential backer the pro's the right scheme. 

But his small size and that long-term shoulder injury make it a big 'IF.' 

Certainly worth a risk/ reward flyer the end of Round 5 though.

Hail. 

The Washington Redskins with pick #182 acquired rom the green Bay Packers select Collin Buchanan OT Miami (OH)  Mid-American.

The Washington Redskins decided to add to their OL depth.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/collin-buchanan?id=2558244

Sources Tell Us

"I kind of like him. I like the way he punches because it's direct and his hands are pretty quick. When you move from tackle to guard you have to prove that you can speed up your hands and I think he has that already." -- AFC offensive line coach

NFL Comparison

Quinton Spain

Bottom Line

Thickly built offensive linemen who is likely to move inside due to a lack of length. Buchanan has decent hand quickness and good feet for the interior and he shows the necessary anchor to battle back against bull-rushers. He doesn't appear to have scheme limitations, but he is better suited for a gap scheme. Buchanan's balance and athleticism are good enough to offer value as a backup right tackle which should add to his value on the third day. He could challenge for a starting position within the first couple of years.

1 hour ago, wilco_holland said:

Jonnu Smith, TE, FIU

maybe tell later why. 

BUGGER! 43 picks in since my last pick, and he is one of the main 3 I was hoping might somehow fall right into the 7th. Would have been ideal to sit and develop behind Witten. Have a 3/4 grade on him. EXCELLENT value for the Patriots again who are having a stellar draft IMHO with the limited picks they have. Natural receiver. Competent blocker. Perfect HB style joker TE to compliment their strength in that department already who'll be productive the pro's despite being a little undersized. REALLY like him.  

Absolute steal nearly in the 6th round. Really shocked 9 TE's have gone before him. Very nice Dutch. Very nice indeed. DAMN YOU! :angry:.

To close out Round 6

THE MIAMI DOLPHINS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

Archived