Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

15 picks two days ago. 11 yesterday. 4 already today. 

PHENOMENAL pace at this late stage fellas'!

Never let it be said we aren't fully prepared and researched deep into a draft class. :cheers:

Hail. 

While there have been some unfortunate skips, not a single skip was due to someone bailing. All have either been unlucky timing or home life - which has to clearly come first.  @Epochalypse ended up being GM of several teams the last 2 or even 3 rds last year just to get finished. I just do not see that happening this year.

And the deep level of research is more than commendable. Makes this exercise just that much more fun. Great job by all the GMs.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

While there have been some unfortunate skips, not a single skip was due to someone bailing. All have either been unlucky timing or home life - which has to clearly come first.  @Epochalypse ended up being GM of several teams the last 2 or even 3 rds last year just to get finished. I just do not see that happening this year.

And the deep level of research is more than commendable. Makes this exercise just that much more fun. Great job by all the GMs.

Seconded. Yet again this has been a top notch group of GM's. The time and effort taken is one heck of a commitment through this process and I can't commend everyone enough. 

Tell yer what though, don't EVER volunteer to administrate this thing on top of your own draft prep. Man alive I'mma need a months vacation to recover when this is all said and done. :ols:.

Hail. 

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

edit: Did you guys know that we used to elect our King until Hughes Capet by the way? That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back :P

No no, Hughes Capet was the last elected King of France. He then started the coronation of his son Robert II to make sure his family would stay in power. That the oldest son would just straight inherent the throne. That there would be no election proces. 

So until Robert II you elected the king. ;)

12 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

No no, Hughes Capet was the last elected King of France. He then started the coronation of his son Robert II to make sure his family would stay in power. That the oldest son would just straight inherent the throne. That there would be no election proces. 

Was Rober II another 'Simple' French King too? 

Hail. 

17 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Hence the word "UNTIL" you Dutch guy!!!

Dare you teach me my History dammit!

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

To be true, lots of them were rather stupid in many ways.

And I'm not even talking the military stuff where we used to always suck at this besides a few battles and a few guys.

14 hours ago, goskins10 said:

One of your better posts!

You're welcome!

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Most of the Carolingian had nicknames. Pepin the Younger, Charles II the Bald, Louis II the Stammerer and my personal favorite...Charles III the Fat.

Even English kings had nicknames. William the Conqueror, Richard the Lionheart, William of Orange (yes the Dutch king of England)

With the 25th pick in the 6th round, #209 overall in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:

Javancy Jones - Linebacker - Jackson State University JacksonStateTigers.thumb.png.ed640ca789f0f08041792f9065f62d73.png

58f7542c2876b_javancyjones1.thumb.png.1225cd5c6fa7db5f8f6552950dd12e31.png

Javancy.Jones.JSU_0470_inline_web_t670.thumb.jpg.2e1a65561635559f03187b2d52099dd7.jpgJJ3.thumb.png.b33a42eddc95ebebced3c1527badeae8.pngJJ4.thumb.png.4713813b3734483f910c69ede641b6a8.png 

Representing HBCU 2004_hbcu.thumb.jpg.b2324e8baf9afaef1efc531349350f50.jpg. It boggles the mind that Jackson State has not had an NFL draft pick in the last 8 drafts!
Such history at JSU. 

Tarik Cohen was the first player selected in our ES mock draft representing the MEAC and HBCU. Two players have been selected from the MEAC. Jones is the second player drafted from the swac-logo.png.816a64609f0949eb567a52062ca4a9d2.png.

Last year Javon Hargrave of South Carolina State was selected by Pittsburgh in the 3rd round. I loved Hargrave as a prospect last year. Thought he was a Top 50 talent. There has been a definite uptick in talent the last few years from the MEAC/SWAC.

Jones will be a position switch player. He was an edgerusher at JSU, yet for the NFL he'll transition to stack LB.

He got his first real immersion during the week of practices leading up to the East-West Shrine game. 

Highlights from the JSU Pro-Day:

If you can only take one thing away from just learning about Javancy Jones, just know about his commitment to his mother and daughter.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/jackson-state/2016/09/17/jackson-states-javancy-jones-fighting-through-tough-chapter/90573306/

24 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Most of the Carolingian had nicknames. Pepin the Younger, Charles II the Bald, Louis II the Stammerer and my personal favorite...Charles III the Fat.

Even English kings had nicknames. William the Conqueror, Richard the Lionheart, William of Orange (yes the Dutch king of England)

WILLIAM of ORANGE! Would it be bad taste to sing about the Battle of the Boyne ?

Yeah, but how apt is the 'Simple' nick for a Frenchman?

Oh Hi There Wb. :P .

Hail. 

29 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Damm you guys go deep on scouting. I don't even know these colleges like freaking Jackson State. Which strangly enough doesn't play in a State called Jackson. :P

The 90th different school to have a player selected this draft. From the 24th different conference. (Michigan/ SEC lead the way respectively with 11/ 44 selections.). 

For anyone keeping track. :ph34r: .

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The 90th different school to have a player selected this draft. From the 24th different conference. (Michigan/ SEC lead the way respectively with 11/ 44 selections.). 

For anyone keeping track. :ph34r: .

I was mostly wondering the number of pages we had on this thread where there's at least a pic of a girl with some big boobs...

Heck, we're having a mock draft and even have time to post some cheerleaders interludes during times off!

Archived