Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Chicago Bears Draft:

1 3 Chicago Bears Jamal Adams S

LSU

2 51 Chicago Bears Adoree Jackson CB USC

3 67 Chicago Bears Taylor Moton OG Western Michigan

3 82 Chicago Bears Antonio Garcia OT Troy

4 111 Chicago Bears Derek Rivers DE Youngstown State

4 117 Chicago Bears Grover Stewart DT Albany State (Ga.)

6 203 Chicago Bears Lorenzo Jerome S Saint Francis (Pa.)

7 221 Chicago Bears Garry Brown WR California (Pa.)

Picks made since the last OP update:

#218 - Carolina - Chuck Clark, FS Virginia Tech

#219 - Houston - Chad Kelly, QB Ole Miss

#220 - Washington - Nat Hairston, CB Temple

#221 - Chicago - Garry Brown, WR California (PA)

#222 - Jacksonville - Jerry Ukokwe, OT William and Mary

Buffalo Bills haul: 

1. Reuben Foster, LB, Bama

2. Tyus Bowser, EDGE, Houston

3. Josh Jones, S, NC State

4. Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC

5. Brendan Langley, CB, Lamar

6. Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB, Tenn

7. Ishmael Zamora, WR Baylor

8. Josh Dobbs, QB, Tenn

Not a very beefy haul by any means, but lots of talent. Started with only 6 picks and ended up with 8, with the amount of holes on Buffalo's roster it was simply a matter of infusing talent to the roster. WR and secondary were the biggest of needs, felt I addressed them decently. My favorite pick was getting Dobbs late in the 6th round

4 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

So, I've got a rules change proposal. 

Whoever is on the clock (no matter which GM), if two hours elapse of their allotted 8 hour window (for example), and they eventually trade that pick to someone else, the new GM who traded up inherits the remaining time left of the original 8 hours, nothing more. In this case it would be the remaining 6 hours.

There should not be a reset back to 8 hours for the new GM since two hours were already spent on the clock for said selection. If trade negotiations take two hours, so be it. That is deducted from the 8 hours provided for the slot. 

Essentially what happened early this morning was that Kansas City came on the clock for selection #218, two hours elapsed, then a trade was announced, Carolina came on the clock and there was a reset to 8 hours for the new GM to make his pick. When in fact 10 hours or more elapsed between the time that #218 came on the clock and when the selection was made. 

The League likes our member from Houston's proposal and if there's no objections, will STRONGLY consider implementing this into next years draft. 

Hail. 

9 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

QB's the last need the Panthers have. I just have heard a lot about Chad Kelley, so thought I'd share my thoughts.

You don't draft for need! That's a bad way of doing things!!! We don't do this around here...

8 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Somehow the guy I fixed on selecting, Guy #2 ... since surely Kelly was about to be snatched from me, somehow the images I uploaded myself, from my own computer end up in one of GHH's posts and neither of us can delete them. 

???

So, how in the hell did that happened when I never hit the submit button? In fact I deleted all the images, cleared the saved texted from the box and even logged out and logged back in before coming back to the thread.  

Ockham razor's theory would tell me that the easiest solution is that both you and @Gibbs Hog Heaven are just the same guy using multiple accounts.

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

But in fairness, the example is the only time that has happened and it was because of an Internet problem, not because the GM was taking their time. I believe @SamMills51 wanted to get the pick right in. Every other trade made putting the person on the clock (not including trades happening ahead of time - looking at you @Chump Bailey :)) the pick has been made within the hour.

I believe IRL, timer reset when a team trades up, but I could be mistaken here.

Now to @SamMills51 get this:

cable_reseau_mcl_fcc5ebm_20_m_rj45_cat_5

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

With the 4th pick in the 7th round (222nd overall) The Jacksonville Jaguars select: Jerry Ugokwe, OT William and Mary -

I don't have a player write up since this is @Wildbunny pick.

I've never been a great fan of grateful dead, but thanks for the small rock history lesson! (How can we guys go from english speaking theory, to french/british history then onto star wars through internet crashes up to grateful dead with pics of big boobed girls within it in less than 10 pages is a real mistery to me....)

So Jerry Ugokwe is a young and raw talent with monstruous physical and atheltics tools.

ugokwe%20142_zpsbtbua2ku.jpg

He's #78 on the pick. 6'7", 321lbs and arms of 35' 3/8" which is long arms! And the guy know how to use them. He plays nasty which you always like for an offensive lineman as you love them to punish the guys they are blocking. The guy didn't play football until is junior year in High School, so he obviously have lots of flaws in his technics but I believe a good OL coach could get him to the higher ground with his atheltism. He's got experience on both tackles spots, even if the majority of his starts where on the right side, he could be a nice swing tackle.

It's a complete developmental project here, as it's supposed to be in the 7th round, but it can be a really rewarding one if he pans out.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

SON OF A .....

First Kelly. Now Ugokwe. 

I'm not even going to comment. Just update the OP and ignore you all!

Hail. 

I knew you would love this pick :)

13 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You don't draft for need! That's a bad way of doing things!!! We don't do this around here

Meh. Day three you're entitled to start doing that. 

I knew you would love this pick :)

Perfect measurables for the position. Still real raw but super intelligent. As befits his school. Three years down the line, he could be the best tackle out of this class. Seriously. REAL gem to pick and stash. 

I'd patiently waited through 83 picks. With just 23 more to go. Sighs. 

Hail. 

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Perfect measurables for the position. Still real raw but super intelligent. As befits his school. Three years down the line, he could be the best tackle out of this class. Seriously. REAL gem to pick and stash. 

I'd patiently waited through 83 picks. With just 23 more to go. Sighs. 

Hail. 

That was my guess about the guy. Raw but perfectly coachable. I would love to see us take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th and have Callahan works the guy up.

Just now, Wildbunny said:

That was my guess about the guy. Raw but perfectly coachable. I would love to see us take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th and have Callahan works the guy up.

Definitely. Coach Callahan would be perfect to develop him. That was my plan with Dallas who have the perfect scenario to pick and stash a line guy.

Nowhere near ready to see an NFL roster right now. But when you look at the traits on tape (which is darn hard to find on him BTW. You're looking at Tribe games with little individual film I can come across) with those ridiculous measurables ..... If he's taught well, seriously, that could be a real gem of a take. 

After Jonnu Smith, Kelly and now Ugokwe, I'm down to one guy I really want. A guy I have a 4th round grade on. If he goes before 246 I may just start volying puppy dogs all over. And I like puppy dogs. 

For the sake of Scouse puppy dogs, DON'T take Dallas' last want! 

Hail. 

11 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

So, what creatures were vomiting up a storm last night? 

Mogwais? 

Hilarious post in the moment, btw. 

Unintentional but I did get a chuckle myself reading tht back this morning as I updated the OP. 

Orio, the cat who's in her 'terrible two's' right now, was mad sick bless her. Which was compounded by her arch nemsis Megan the dog thinking it a cool thing to eat said sick quicker than Dad could follow the poor hurling cat around. 

Mogwai's would be easier to parent! 

7 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

No @Epochalypse I have a pick two slots ahead of him ... :evil:

I dare you. No, I double dare you ****er! 

Hail. 

Archived