Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I did not see it was just one player. Still not in favor of it as in reality teams sign quite a few URFAs.

Which is why I offered the consecutive days option for the open window period. 4 days, 4 open windows. One player per open window period. Total maximum any Team/GM could get would be 4 players at the end of it all. 

How many UDRFA do you think each NFL team would average?

4? -- 6? -- 10?

Each team is different.  

There is no way all 32 GMs would agree to 10 consecutive days of open window UDRFA selecting. No one would agree to that. 

And what's more, the only GMs who would participate would likely be me, GHH and maybe one other. 

It's clear my suggestion has flummoxed folks. Sorry I brought it up. 

With their final pick of the 2017 draft, Arizona selects:

Paul Magloire Jr., LB, Arizona

Models his game after Peterson who admires his work ethic.   Brought in for a workout with the Cardinals and has been working with team's ILB coach Larry Foote for the past several months after the East/West shrine game.

Has experience at RB, safety, LB.  All around athlete, was listed as one of Sports illustrated "combine snubs" and featured member of their "Draft that dude" team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/17/paul-magloire-arizona-nfl-draft-combine-prospects

Final Roster:

1. Jabrill Peppers LB

2. Patrick Mahomes QB

3. Chris Godwin WR

5. Shaquill Griffin CB

5. Erik Magnuson OL

6. Stevie Tuikolovatu DL

7. Paul Magloire Jr. LB

With the 232nd pick in the ES Mock Draft, The Minnesota Vikings select....

Brendan Langley, CB Lamar

Langley ran a smooth 4.4 at the combine.  He played last season as a WR at Lamar, but has some experience playing defensive back.  He projects to be a corner in the league, and I think his combo of size and athleticism gives him some real upside.

200.webp#16-grid1

I did want to say that I really enjoyed participating in this year's draft.  It's nice to have a thread where football is the main order of business, and I appreciate all of you guys for letting me have a seat at the table.  :cheers:

In reference to all the UDFA talk, simply put, I will not be participating in any form of UDFA that attempts to assign players to teams.  You want to talk about players that weren't taken that you think could be something?  Go right ahead; it's good discussion.  But I will not be participating (and everyone knows UDFAs love the Packers, anyways) and when grading the draft, I will not be giving anyone credit for them.

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Edit: PM not send, because he cannot receive any more PMs :P

Yeah. I have my notifications settings so that if someone messages me on ES, I get an alert email to my inbox. So even if I'm not on ES, I'm notified. 

I simply have to be online. A popup box flashes on the screen with an audible ding. 

Otherwise, any quotes or mentions are simply confined to ES. If I'm on ES I get a popup bar at the bottom of the screen. If I have a browser with ES open, but the screen is minimized, I get the popup in the top right-hand corner of the screen, but it disappears after a few seconds. 

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Yeah. I have my notifications settings so that if someone messages me on ES, I get an alert email to my inbox. So even if I'm not on ES, I'm notified. 

I simply have to be online. A popup box flashes on the screen with an audible ding. 

Otherwise, any quotes or mentions are simply confined to ES. If I'm on ES I get a popup bar at the bottom of the screen. If I have a browser with ES open, but the screen is minimized, I get the popup in the top right-hand corner of the screen, but it disappears after a few seconds. 

Same here.

Obviously everyone should be like this.

But it's better to double check.

12 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I'd just like to go on record here, that if Malik Hooker had not been select #4 overall by my esteemed colleague from Jacksonville, that I'd totally want to sign him as an undrafted free agent. 

Shouldn't you be glued to the semi-final  around now?

COYS! 

Hail. 

15 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I'd just like to go on record here, that if Malik Hooker had not been select #4 overall by my esteemed colleague from Jacksonville, that I'd totally want to sign him as an undrafted free agent. 

Blame the Bears for this!

I envisioned them to go wih Hooker and those guys decided to go with Adams. Forcing me into the Hooker pick while I wanted McCaffrey...

I'll sit out any UDFAs this year.  Normally I'd be all over that, but this year work is just workworkwork.  No time to really prep a list thoroughly.

New Orleans' Draft:

1st Round, Pick 11: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

1st Round, Pick 32: Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

2nd Round, Pick 41: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida

3rd Round, Pick 76: Marcus Maye, S, Florida

4th Round, Pick 130: Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.)

5th Round, Pick 169: Zach Banner, OT/OG, USC

7th Round, Pick 229: Josh Carraway, DE/OLB, TCU

The Saints had too many needs to fit them all in, but the secondary was/is a huge need and obviously that was addressed quite strongly in the first three rounds.  DE is also a major need, and Harris should be able to help early on, with Carraway hopefully getting some late seasons snaps while mostly being a special teamer.  Banner is probably a future OG, but in any instance, if he develops he'll have a place on the line.  Kaaya is a project too, but Brees is getting up there, so it's time to draft some projects over the next couple years and see if any of them can turn into the next Cousins/Wilson/Prescott and prove capable enough for a starting role.

On the whole, probably grade myself either a B or  B+ depending on the grading curve.  Hit the two biggest needs (Secondary, DE) with solid players.  However, I did not address RB (no one really stuck out at my picks), which I would probably rate as need #3, so the Saints will be pulling guys off the market to see if any fit well.  Further Kaaya was a somewhat distant 2nd to Davis Webb in terms of project QBs I liked.  I traded myself away from Webb, so went with Kaaya later.  Not that I dislike Kaaya, but in terms of chances of success, I think Webb is more likely to succeed.

RT was also a need; not an immediate one, but one likely in 1-2 years.  Banner may or may not work on the outside, but if he slips inside, RT is still a need, and adding a 3rd or 4th WR would have been nice.  Not losing Cooks certainly helps the WR corp maintain strength though, so it wasn't the most pressing need.

On the whole, it was kind of funny how at 41 AND 76 the top rated guys I had were all secondary players.

On the whole, I think this draft would drastically help the defense, both immediately and down the road, and that's the main thing we needed.  For other needs, there are other years.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I did want to say that I really enjoyed participating in this year's draft.  It's nice to have a thread where football is the main order of business, and I appreciate all of you guys for letting me have a seat at the table.  :cheers:

Feelings mutual # 40. Go take a well earned rest and return to normality. 

See you back next year! (Or when the drafts done for a recap if you don't mind in the wrap-up thread.). 

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Blame the Bears for this!

I envisioned them to go wih Hooker and those guys decided to go with Adams. Forcing me into the Hooker pick while I wanted McCaffrey...

Go announce the draft thread you wanted to take McCaffrey at 4 overall. 

Then sit back and watch the ensuing carnage from those that patently haven't seen him play. ;)

I TRIPLE DARE YOU!!!!! 

Hail. 

Archived