Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

In reference to all the UDFA talk, simply put, I will not be participating in any form of UDFA that attempts to assign players to teams.  You want to talk about players that weren't taken that you think could be something?  Go right ahead; it's good discussion.  But I will not be participating (and everyone knows UDFAs love the Packers, anyways) and when grading the draft, I will not be giving anyone credit for them.

I neither think anyone was talking about 'assigning' anything nor 'grading' anything as regards PFA's mate. 

How is @Monk4thaHALL's simple proposal being SO misunderstood here by so many?

But regardless, the consensus isn't for it so this year at least, I'm swaying to saying anyone that feels like adding who they'd like as an UDFA, feel free to add them the end of your write-up when a clean thread goes up just for a bit of interesting fun. 

52 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Oh Golly. Matic. 

Wow. 

My TV is now off and that's all I shall say on that! 

Hail. 

24 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Go announce the draft thread you wanted to take McCaffrey at 4 overall. 

Then sit back and watch the ensuing carnage from those that patently haven't seen him play. ;)

I TRIPLE DARE YOU!!!!! 

Hail. 

Done.

But you already guessed that I would do it. :)

Back to our business. How much time is left on @ZRagone before he's being skipped?

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Frenchie. My mate. My fellow GM. My HERO!

Hail. 

I tried to stay away from the thread to not give any indication for this one to my fellow GMs, but I've seen stuff that really made me like WTF? Especially regarding McCaffrey. He's just impressive. What our fellow TB GM in here got at 19 might be an absolute steal if you know how to use him.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

I tried to stay away from the thread to not give any indication for this one to my fellow GMs, but I've seen stuff that really made me like WTF? Especially regarding McCaffrey. He's just impressive. What our fellow TB GM in here got at 19 might be an absolute steal if you know how to use him.

Preaching to the choir buddy. 

Hail. 

11 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i dont care about selecting UDFAs, i am more concerned how we are going to evaluate and grade everyone after the real draft. 

That's an excellent point of discussion as we've not come up with any answer the previous two years of this. 

I was hoping to be able to look back at our inaugural 2015 draft 2 seasons in but it's sadly no longer in the archives for some bizarre reason. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That's an excellent point of discussion as we've not come up with any answer the previous two years of this. 

I was hoping to be able to look back at our inaugural 2015 draft 2 seasons in but it's sadly no longer in the archives for some bizarre reason. 

Hail. 

If you want to continue in the mock draft with udfa.  All the participants who want to continue can be put through a randomizer.  Round 1 take one player round 2 take two udfa round 3 take 3 players and so on.

1 minute ago, SkinsFanMania said:

If you want to continue in the mock draft with udfa.  All the participants who want to continue can be put through a randomizer.  Round 1 take one player round 2 take two udfa round 3 take 3 players and so on.

Yeah, I think we'll look at every different suggestion prior to next years draft and maybe implement something then if that's what folk want. 

Seem's the common consensus this year is people will just throw up their own PFA's after the draft if they so desire just for ****s and giggles. 

The masses were asked. The masses have responded. 

Hail. 

I would think some of a value point system

Some suggestions

1) same position in same round, gain points

2) same player in same round, gain points

3) same player in different round

4) same amount of draft picks

5) same amount of drafted positions

5) +/- value added by real selection in draft

Those are just a few.

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I would think some of a value point system

Some suggestions

1) same position in same round, gain points

2) same player in same round, gain points

3) same player in different round

4) same amount of draft picks

5) same amount of drafted positions

5) +/- value added by real selection in draft

Those are just a few.

I don't see any need for an official point system.  Like last year, some of us will come up with our own systems for scoring and share it with everybody.

Thing is lads you're really getting nottin' until three years down the line in terms of looking back as to how successful the picks were in the league. 

You can look at where a guy was taken in relation to the real draft but the bigger picture is gonna' be from 2020 on. 

Real hard to realistically score these things right now.  But for the sake of our little exercise I'm down with anything out of pure curiosity. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Thing is lads you're really getting nottin' until three years down the line in terms of looking back as to how successful the picks were in the league. 

You can look at where a guy was taken in relation to the real draft but the bigger picture is gonna' be from 2020 on. 

Real hard to realistically score these things right now.  But for the sake of our little exercise I'm down with anything out of pure curiosity. 

Hail. 

Yeah, I think we've known from the start of doing these mock drafts that we'd start to get the big picture of how good the drafts were three years down the road.  So at the end of this season, everyone can laugh at my 2015 draft class (or maybe my top picks will stop being injured and show something!)

Archived