Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

2 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

@styx491

So you were put on the clock at 6:54 pm, officially. I think it's fine to round that up to 7 PM. It's currently about 12:42 AM on the 23rd. 

Your 8 hours are due up at 3 AM. 

So a little over three hours. 

Do me a favour. PM him with another to go as a last hour reminder thing if I'm not around. Then in the worst case he hasn't responded, move on accordingly as per. 

At the match this avvi but I won't be leaving the house until around 7 AM EST or so. Then I'll be gone 7/8 hours or so I would imagine. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Scrap that. I NEED COFFEE. He's been skipped already. 

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

4 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Alright, we got to keep movin' on. The Redskins are the next team up. Gallen gave me his choice. In the time I write it up, Styx can definitely jump in.

And as set by the Commish, Styx can jump in at any moment, right?

Yup. Make Gallens pick in your own time. 

Hail. 

well ****.  That was gonna be my pick.  Here's my write up for Cole:

Game film on him is sparse.  One game this year and one game last year.  From what I've seen, I'd like to see him improve at taking on blockers in the box to get to the ball carrier or to plug the running lane.  I like his ability to go sideline-to-sideline and to run down backs who've bounced outside and turned the corner. Anyways, this late in the draft, it's time to take a gamble; either on the productive guy with poor measurables, or the raw athlete. Dylan is the latter.  Snubbed from the Combine, he went and put on a clinic at his Pro Day, killing it in every category.
So to start with his body make-up, he's 6'1" 240 Lbs.  His Pro Day results:
40 yard dash: 4.49- #1 among LBs
Bench: 32 reps- #1 among LBs (hell, only 3 DL put up better numbers)
Short Shuttle: 4.02s- #1 among LBs
Vert: 39"- #1 among LBs
Broad: 10'5"-  #5 among LBs
3 Cone: #4 among LBs

So to sum up, he's got the speed and agility of a DB, strength of a DL, and the leaping ability of a WR, all in the body of a Linebacker.

*MESSAGE FROM THE LEAGUE OFFICE*

Unfortunately (in no small part for the Rams in view of any potential missed targets), we regrettably have our 8th skip of the 2017 NFL Draft and first in Round 7. 

Los Angeles Rams  (@styx491) will now be skipped by consecutive picks in order as per the rules but can jump back in at any time through the final round. As this is Round 7, they'll obviously be no time violation penalty. 

styx man ...... That's your SECOND skip this draft. We need to talk about this! This isn't good!  :nono:

Thanks brother Monk for putting up Washingtons pick, This now leaves, with the 17th pick in Round 7, and now 235 overall, for the last time in the 2017 NFL Draft

THE TENNESSEE TITANS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

*Edit* Above skip rescinded and original draft order put back:  

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What's the goal of this thread?...Not being a smart ass lol, I've just never taken part in a mock draft so I'm not sure what the end result is to be, if anything. Just a fun exercise? Is there a way of scoring this thing? Trying to see who gets the closest to what their team actually does in the draft?

Speaking for myself, it's mostly just a fun exercise. If gives you a reason to look at the players in the draft and create your own big board. You look at players more critically and also look at players you otherwise may not look at. Also I like understanding different teams in the league and their needs and their draft strategy.

Then you look at did the team draft the same players? Position? Was the strategy the same? Different? Then you see where they do get picked and ultimately how they fare in the NFL. Last year several of the guys created some scoring algorithms that put a score comparing where a player was drafted in this mock draft vs. where they were taken (or in some cases not taken) in the real draft. Ultimately the real measure is how they fare over time.

49 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What's the goal of this thread?...Not being a smart ass lol, I've just never taken part in a mock draft so I'm not sure what the end result is to be, if anything. Just a fun exercise? Is there a way of scoring this thing? Trying to see who gets the closest to what their team actually does in the draft?

You get to try your hand at GM.  Some of us do some preliminary scoring based on draft position and such to try to quantify our draft prowess as compared to real GMs, and we also revisit the draft after the season and a couple years down the line and see just how well we drafted.

Unfortunately for me, most of my analysis for previously drafted players is along the lines of "he was injured, so I dunno", "he was stuck behind entrenched starters, so I dunno", and "he's a late-round developmental pick, so we'll see".  Oh, and of course "he was a terrible pick and about to wash out of the league".  This year things will be different!

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

There are a couple of reasons why I love doing this. One it is straight up fun. And the second is that I get to see peoples opinions on guys I like a lot in the draft. As well as seeing opinions on guys I have had no chance to watch tape on. It is physically impossible for me to watch tape on every guy that will get drafted. So when one of the other "GM's" in here touts a guy it gives me a chance to go back and look at those guys. 

None of us are going to make a dime off of this. But I think all of us just love the draft and watching film on the future players of the league.

That OLB cole has impressive numbers! 

Personally, this thread makes me actually research the players coming out. Used to be I only knew the big games and inevitably when the team would pick someone I didn't know, I had no idea how to react. It's nice to have the incentive to know the players a bit more. 

And inreally like revisiting the mock draft after the season is over and seeing how your players did

Archived