Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

19 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

It was an open offer to anyone who ran out of draftable players.

A 2018 6th rounder for a pick this year.

Since we're not doing UDFA and therefore I can't add another 4 or so guys to my official haul, losing my last pick, I would need for any trade to benefit me with getting more selections than I'm losing.

Going one for one doesn't tickle me. 

The difference in perceived value between a 6th and 7th is still negligible. It's still a late Day 3. And perhaps come next year, there won't be such a deep secondary class (for example) to benefit those with multiple mid round selections. 

If you lose something in the immediate, one needs to get more shots in total as opposed to just one round ahead come future. 

Just how I look at it. 

I don't really expect anyone to trade me for a pick unless they truly feel they no longer have any draftable players and would rather walk away saying they grabbed a future Browns 6th rounder, which being the Browns has a greater than normal chance of being a high 6th rounder.

My offer wasn't specifically directed to you, but a general offer to anyone with a pick left and no names they really like to use it on.

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I figure sometime in the two hours he's going to skipped. As the chances are he won't wake as I just have within that and think to immediately check. 

I'll hang around as I have the Frenchmans selection. 

Hail. 

pick

*MESSAGE FROM THE LEAGUE OFFICE*

Regrettably (mainly from the Patriots standpoint in view of any potential missed targets), we sadly have our 8th skip of the 2017 NFL Draft and first in Round 7. 

New England Patriots (@wilco_holland) will now be skipped by consecutive picks in order as per the rules but can jump back in at any time through the final round. As this is Round 7, they'll obviously be no time violation penalty. 

New England can still jump back in at any time through the rest of the round to make their selection. 

This now places, with the 21st Pick in the 7th Round, and 239th overall selection, for the last time in the 2017 NFL Draft

THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS ON THE CLOCK!

Jacksonville select

QB. Alek Torgersen. Snr. University of Pennsylvania. 

46681_alektorgersenf.jpg&f=1

With their last pick in the 2017 NFL Draft

THE NEW YORK GIANTS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK!

Hail. 

So I'm allowed to pick?

Jimmy Gilbert, OLB/DE, Colorado. 

Pure situational passrusher. He doesn´t have the strenght but he has the speed. Looks to be a nice project player. Can be solid special teamer and maybe work himself into the rotation as pure pass rusher on 3th down. 

WITH THE #242 OVERALL SELECTION THE OAKLAND RAIDERS SELECT:

DT JEREMIAH LEDBETTER ARKANSAS

RAIDERS 2017 DRAFT RECAP:

#44 ZAY JONES WR EAST CAROLINA

#69 GERALD EVERETT TE SOUTH ALABAMA

#88 MARLON MACK RB SOUTH FLORIDA

#112 JARRON JONES DT NOTRE DAME

#113 RAYSHAWN JENKINS FS MIAMI

#119 JALEN MYRICK CB MINNESOTA

#129 HOWARD WILSON CB HOUSTON

#151 DEATRICH WISE JR. DE ARKANSAS

#188 KENNY GOLLADAY WR NORTHERN ILLINOIS

#189 TREYVON HESTER DT TOLEDO

#208 BRANDON WILSON CB HOUSTON

#210 BRAD SEATON OT VILLANOVA

#242 JEREMIAH LEDBETTER DT ARKANSAS

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

RAIDERS 2017 DRAFT RECAP:

Damn 13 picks.  It's like a first-pick draft.

Real life it'd be tough to adequately incorporate 13 rookies (plus UDFAs) into a roster, but as a mock drafter, I love me lots of picks. :headbang:

Like the Ledbetter pick too.

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Any thoughts pursuing UDFA's would be welcomed by the Raiders. I easily have 6 or so players I'd love to add. 

Doesn't sound like anything moderated, but you can do like I plan to and just throw out some names of players you'll keep an eye on going forward as folks you liked but didn't have the picks to get.

15 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

Damn 13 picks.  It's like a first-pick draft.

Real life it'd be tough to adequately incorporate 13 rookies (plus UDFAs) into a roster, but as a mock drafter, I love me lots of picks. :headbang:

Like the Ledbetter pick too.

Not sure I agree with that. Depends on the team. Sure a NE, GB, Pitts would have a tough time. But you don't think Cleveland could not find room for 13 new drafted players? And that's assuming no one gets injured. More importantly, drafting is a numbers game. Very rarely does your entire draft make the team anyway. But the more picks you have the better chance you have getting a later round find.

This is a deep draft. There is a better than normal chance that the mid to later round picks may find their way onto a team. I like the 13 picks. And he got some quality players. If they actually all make the team then I just got that much better. Not having room for them would never be my concern.

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

So. My first pick in this draft Caleb Brantley decided to get arrested over the weekend. Nice.

Luckily for you (as regards anything here) as always, anything that happens after our roster-lockdown in 'real life' is inconsequential to 'our' draft and should be ignored

It just sucks on a personal level. Like not knowing in 2015 when we went to draft Ajayi had the knee problem that had him fall right to the 5th. As it happen's, he's made a heck of a recovery from that. (Bone-on-bone is normally the end of you.). But the mocking I got for taking him at 27 when he actually went 4 rounds later at the time, even though he was a borderline top 30 talent that year ..... Y'all know the rest. 

Hail. 

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Luckily for you (as regards anything here) as always, anything that happens after our roster-lockdown in 'real life' is inconsequential to 'our' draft and should be ignored

It just sucks on a personal level. Like not knowing in 2015 when we went to draft Ajayi had the knee problem that had him fall right to the 5th. As it happen's, he's made a heck of a recovery from that. (Bone-on-bone is normally the end of you.). But the mocking I got for taking him at 27 when he actually went 4 rounds later at the time, even though he was a borderline top 30 talent that year ..... Y'all know the rest. 

Hail. 

I guess I can only hope someone like Cincy takes a flyer on him in the second. I did trade down and Brantley was my first pick in the second. It is going to end up hurting my overall +/- in this draft though most likely. And personally I had no problem with where you drafted Ajayi at the time. Now some of your other picks :).

Archived