Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

*TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT*

The Kansas City Chiefs and Carolina Panthers have reached agreement on the 21st trade of the 2017 NFL Draft and first in Round 6. 

Chiefs send their 34th selection in Round 6 (Pick #218 <Compensatory>), and 27th selection in Round 7 (Pick #245) to the Panthers in return for Carolinas 15th selection in Round 7 (Pick #233), and a 2018 Round 5 selection. (Compensatory.).

THE CAROLINA PANTHERS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

9 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Chiefs send their 32nd selection in Round 6 (Pick #218 <Compensatory>), and 27th selection in Round 7 (Pick #245) to the Panthers in return for Carolinas 15th selection in Round 7 (Pick #233), and a 2018 Round 5 selection. (Compensatory.).

I feel like someone just got robbed the 32nd selection in the round 6 was pick 216 and was already done by the Chiefs!

Those guys are great at trading picks they already made!

Hmmm

I have to leave for an hour or two in 30 minutes.

And with the Texans, Redskins and Panthers on deck, this can go quick... Hopefully, the Panthers will take their time writing a 3000 words novel about their newfound guy, which would take them 2/3 hours to type...

24 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Hmmm

I have to leave for an hour or two in 30 minutes.

And with the Texans, Redskins and Panthers on deck, this can go quick... Hopefully, the Panthers will take their time writing a 3000 words novel about their newfound guy, which would take them 2/3 hours to type...

I think Mills has made a 'trade and disappear' just to F with you! 

Assemble the archers Frenchie! The Carolina road trip is ON! 

Hail. 

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This could be a first. Someone trading for a pick then getting skipped. Why the hell not? We have had just about everything else happen in here over the past three years. I hope Monk has his pick ready and is salivating at the thought!!

That could happen, but he still has 5 hours left to make his pick...

The best would be to trade for someone and jump a team that you fear will pick your guy.

Get skipped, and have the team that you just jumped picked the one you were trading for.

I'm sorry. Wifi over here got buggy and I couldn't do anything about it. 

Anyways, I'll make it quick:

With the 6th round pick, the Carolina Panthers select...

Chuck Clark - Safety; Virginia Tech

A guy with a decent combine (20 Yrd Dash: 2.65 10 Yrd Dash: 1.59, 225 Lb. Bench Reps: Vertical Jump: 33 1/2. Broad Jump: 20 Yrd Shuttle: 3-Cone Drill: 40 Time Range: 4.55-4.57), a worthy project player to help add depth to the Panther's defensive backfield.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/chuck-clark?id=2558248

Clark is yet another tough-minded and athletic defensive back who has patrolled the secondary for the Hokies. One of the top players from Virginia in 2012, Clark stepped into a starting role as a true freshman in the team's bowl game, his second start of the year (22 tackles). Coaches lined him up at safety 11 times in the 13 games he played in 2014, making 73 tackles, 8.5 for loss, 1.5 sacks, an interception and 11 pass break-ups on the year. The interception came in the team's Military Bowl win over Cincinnati. Clark started every game in 2015, being credited with 107 stops, three for loss, an interception, and eight pass break-ups. The Hokies' two-year team captain received honorable mention notice from league media in his final year, as he made 94 stops, 2.5 for loss, and two pass break-ups.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Durable three-year starter. Productive tackler who shows no hesitation to step downhill. Tracks ball carriers with balanced, leveraged approach. Under control as a tackler. Efficient and diligent in his mirror of the quarterback. Head stays on a swivel from receiver back to quarterback. Plays with elevated instincts. He will start breaking on throws at the beginning of quarterback's windup. Has enough range to play over the top and will plant his flag in the ribs of pass catcher to dislodge the throw. Plays with good route anticipation in man coverage. Not easily duped by bunch formations or misdirection. Maintains leverage against slot receivers and crowds in-breaking routes while looking to disrupt at the catch point.

WEAKNESSES

A shade smaller than teams will like from a combination safety. Can be manipulated by quarterbacks who push safeties around with their eyes. Shows a little stickiness in his hips when faced with coverage transitions. Aggressive nature gets him tangled in the sticky web of play-action fakes. Occasionally voids coverage responsibility to chase running plays that aren't there.

Well that was the very LAST selection I was expecting. WTH? Ok, someone needs to explain that trade-up to me. Seriously. Please, someone explain that. I'll lay my mortgage Houston weren't even contemplating a defender. Let alone a safety. But I could be wrong. 

Regardless, here endeth Round 6. Another round with at least 1 trade in it. Another defensive heavy round at 18-16. Leaving 117 defenders picked to press to only 101 offensive players. With 14 new schools added taking the total of schools to have at least 1 player drafted to a whopping 93 from 27 different conferences. Michigan the top drafted school right now at 11 to 'Bama's 10. With the SEC leading the ACC as the top picked conference by 7 at 45 plyers. 

Oh, and we've had our first foreign player drafted from the first foreign Country. GO CANADA! 

Onto the final round. Round 7. And to kick us off

THE HOUSTON TEXANS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9aKvZHj2FxOU9vg-m-8k

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I Have NO clue where the images have come from. And I can\'t seem to delete them. It's all going tits up right now! 

I blame Mills! 

Hail. 

Another one of those guys I have at a decent spot on my draft board yet everyone else has no clue who they are.

Seems like my whole selection this draft has been relatively not-so-well known guys. I tend to be the anti-crowd when it comes to what I like.

However, if there was a player I regret taking instead of another, it's got to be Kpassagnon over Lawson at this point. Admittedly, I didn't watch much Lawson film until recently, and I can tell you right now I wish I hit Lawson instead. He could come out as one of the top defenders from this class.

Archived