Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

44 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Chicago Bears select: Lorenzo Jerome, S, Saint Francis, PA.

So I went investigating after my initial 'WHO?'

First Saint Francis Red Flash player drafted since 1945! 

ES Mock- Making history since 2015! 

Hail. 

*Edit* I'll look at him too. Liking this dave. You're challenging us with new names. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Epochalypse said:

Its the Jags.

Its punter time!

No, it's not.

And still no Punter or Kicker has been drafted thus far. No Long Snapper as well by the way.

Sadly, I'm going off for today. I was about to let the offer stand stills and let you deal with goskins. But I'll take the bet he'll slipped to 222, or try to work a deal tomorrow if he's still available :P

46 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You're challenging us with new names. Thank you. 

I know we arent supposed to mention players who arent drafted yet but i really got to say if youre looking into obscure players GHH, check out Ogie Oglethorpe. 21 yr old out of Syracuse. Big hitter in his one monster season. Some character red flags though...

1 minute ago, Epochalypse said:

I know we arent supposed to mention players who arent drafted yet but i really got to say if youre looking into obscure players GHH, check out Ogie Oglethorpe. 21 yr old out of Syracuse. Big hitter in his one monster season. Some character red flags though...

It's a darn good job I'm an arl arse and Newman fan or you may of had me! 

Hail. 

6 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Alright. Like I said I dont have my list. But I know I am high on this guy. And he is one of my sleepers in this draft.

With pick 201 Atlanta selects Eric Saubert TE Drake

Saubert's tape is interesting to say the least. Sometimes he looks like he has all pro potential and other times he shows serious lapses of concentration. 6'5 253 pounds. Saubert shows excellent athleticism and good hands. He is an average blocker at this point but has the size to be a good one. Caught 17 TD's over the past 2 seasons for Drake. And they lined him up all over the field. I think NFL coaching will do wonders for this kid.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/drake/drake-bulldogs/2017/01/17/drakes-eric-saubert-impressing-nfl-draft-prospect-shrine-bowl/96669748/

Dang, I was gonna take a flier on him.

17 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

Well we a motoring and i keep scrubbing people off my list with every selection - which is annoying but satisfying at the same time ...

While we are on history and apt given the Vikings are on the clock - Something i did not know about William the Conqueror was although Normandy is part of France the Normans, whos  name was derived from 'North Man' , were really derived from a tribe of looting a pillaging Vikings who established themselves in what is now northern France (Normandy) and considered themselves to be Vikings, and most probably spoke a Scandinavian dialect  at the time ...

Who would have thought it Scandinavians dominated most of northern Europe - I guess that's why their furniture is everywhere (IKEA)

History huh - what fun !    

How can I have missed that.

Normandy was conceded to the Vikings and Chief Rollon in 911 by Charles III the Simple. Still, it was part of France, as with the eve of the Capetian dinasty, the Duchy of Normandy recognized them as King of France. So what was the Normandy of William II was really part of France, and those guys speaked french (or something close to it).

It's been like this since Clovis the 1st in 481. Prior to that, that was mostly part of the roman Empire. We like to see ourselves as a latin people, while we aren't really one :P

edit: Did you guys know that we used to elect our King until Hughes Capet by the way? That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back :P

The LA Rams select Ben Gedeon, ILB, Michigan.

Another special teams monster who was 2nd team All-Big Ten last year. He has great linebacker instincts and football knowledge, even though he is below average at coverage and athleticism. He should fit nicely as a backup inside linebacker with potential to be plugged in with the new 3-4 scheme.

5 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

Damn my sleeping ...

with the 205 pick in the draft ... the lions will select

Avery Moss -DE   Youngstown State 

That's a great pick! While looking at Derek Rivers this guy caught my attention. Very disruptive. Great athleticism. He is a project as he relies on athleticism too much. Needs to get more discipline and understand his role. He also has some off the field red flags. But is definitely worth a late round flier.

Archived