Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

So Trump's defense of breaking the law is now "other people did it too!" (They didn't)

Sort of like Trump supporters defending his 10,000 + documented false statements or lies by saying "Well...Obama said 'If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor'...wasn't that a lie?"

Apparently one false statement or lie cancels out all others. This is a good principle to know. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So Trump's defense of breaking the law is now "other people did it too!" (They didn't)

Remember when the entire GOP was defending Trump's campaign meeting with the Russian ambassador (which Trump had denied, till it was proven), by saying "Yeah, I met with him, too.  He was a guest at the GOP convention"?

I don’t know where to put this so I’ll put it here. I ****ing hate Pelosi. I’m so angry that the Dems are so ****ing spineless that they won’t impeach this POS POTUS. I’ve never thought this until now, but I wish there was another viable party. 

I also hate smart phones adding words to stuff. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

I'm all for impeachment, but I think the Dems need to bring more people in to testify first. They need to bring in McGahn, Barr and Mueller and if you need to throw them into a cell, so be it. They also need to do it in that order, McGahn won't lie, he won't torpedo his career for Trump. Barr will lie, even though the truth is going to come out. Mueller will not lie, we all know why. We need to "sandwich" Barr in a lie, the American people won't be able to ignore that, no matter how stupid they are.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I'm all for impeachment, but I think the Dems need to bring more people in to testify first. They need to bring in McGahn, Barr and Mueller and if you need to throw them into a cell, so be it. They also need to do it in that order, McGahn won't lie, he won't torpedo his career for Trump. Barr will lie, even though the truth is going to come out. Mueller will not lie, we all know why. We need to "sandwich" Barr in a lie, the American people won't be able to ignore that, no matter how stupid they are.

The impeach process is when you bring these people in to testify. There is more than enough already that they don’t need more testimony 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The impeach process is when you bring these people in to testify. There is more than enough already that they don’t need more testimony 

When I say impeachment, I mean Articles of Impeachment. No more beating around the bush, time to pull the trigger on the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

They’d be demanding his resignation 

I'd probably be demanding it too. It's such a completely and utterly unacceptable thing for ANY candidate or office holder to say, let alone a sitting POTUS. 

Trump basically pulled a Rick James. "I never just did things just to do them. C'mon, like what am gonna do, become POTUS by accepting a hostile foreign government's help, like it's something to do? C'mon, I got a little more sense than that."

"So yeah, I'd accept a hostile foreign government's help to get elected."

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'd probably be demanding it too. It's such a completely and utterly unacceptable thing for ANY candidate or office holder to say, let alone a sitting POTUS. 

Trump basically pulled a Rick James. "I never just did things just to do them. C'mon, like what am gonna do, become POTUS by accepting a hostile foreign government's help, like it's something to do? C'mon, I got a little more sense than that."

"So yeah, I'd accept a hostile foreign government's help to get elected."

And so would the entire Republican Party. Including a good chunk of Republican voters. They've SAID so. 

Long as Russia's intervening on their side, they're actually pleased about it. 

12 hours ago, Simmsy said:

As long as the Senate is controlled by the current crop of Republicans, there is no "proof" good enough and there is no method by which the impeachment will oust Trump from office. This is why the House MUST IMPEACH NOW. (What? That makes no sense, Chachie.) Let me explain...

If they don't impeach, the man skates free untouched and history will never officially record the corruption. If they do impeach, Trump will be saved by the crooked Senate but at least he will  always carry the deeply-embedded stigma of an impeached president. He will be de-legitimized, cheapened, and perhaps even more likely to be voted out in the next election. As I mentioned, he's not leaving office in this term thanks to his protective Senate. Throw the punch anyway. Take the swing. Fatten his lip, daze him. Make darned sure he suffers at LEAST the damage of being impeached. We already know that testimony from McGahn, Mueller, whomever won't change the intent of the Senate republicans who would be responsible for voting him out. They've sold their souls and still don't want a refund. So waiting for more "proof" is ridiculous. 

IMPEACH. The democrats are treading water, getting tired, and are going to drown. Again. That's weak sauce. FIGHT. Scratch, claw, kick, punch, FIGHT. The outcome will be the same and that's a shame but you HAVE TO FIGHT. You have to leave a mark on the POTUS and on history.

Edited by Chachie
  • Thanks 2