Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I'm just saying Trump would bank on the paper trail saying he was fired, the guy saying he was fired, and then the WH saying he resigned and is lying to cover for the deep state and his voters and most republicans believing him (or saying that they do) 

Hell he has no reason to think they wouldn't believe him 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'm just saying Trump would bank on the paper trail saying he was fired, the guy saying he was fired, and then the WH saying he resigned and is lying to cover for the deep state and his voters and most republicans believing him (or saying that they do) 

Hell he has no reason to think they wouldn't believe him 

That's a fair point, but in this case there are other reasons for them not to fire him and claim he resigned. The actual paper trail will say he was fired and while it won't matter one whit to his supporters if that conflicts with Trump's version of events, if my understanding is correct it will make a difference in the succession process and whether Trump can or can't appoint a new interim DAG.

Edited by mistertim

3 hours ago, visionary said:

Jesus Christ. I swear if someone ran up and kneecapped Susan Collins with a baseball bat she'd put out a stern statement saying "I'm very concerned for the well being of my knee at the moment and I strongly disapprove of you deciding to hit it with a baseball bat." and then proceed to let the person go and not file charges or call the cops.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My response to the numerous right-wing spinners trying to pull "But what about Hillary paying Steele?" would, I think, be more logical.  

Hillary hired a foreigner to do a job.  (And one that was legal.)  At least as far as I know, she paid market rates for a service which he offers commercially.  

If Hillary's campaign buys a Prius for Hillary to drive to her speeches, that's not foreign collusion, nor foreign tampering.  All she did was buy a car.  From a company that sells cars.  At the open, market, price.  

(Now, if Honda gives her the car, then there's problems.  It's both a campaign contribution, which would be illegal if Ford did it, too, and a foreign campaign contribution.)