Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Barr is quick to throw Rosenstein's name in there, to try and make this seem like a joint decision, but I don't know if I buy that.  I suspect Rosenstein would have consulted Mueller, that he wasn't suggests to me that Barr did this mostly on his own.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Barr’s letter is useless without the report.

Which is its exact purpose of his letter and which is why there's probably a 99.999% chance that Barr will refuse to release the real report. Time to fire up that subpoena cannon, Dems.

Edited by mistertim

I still wanna know how Steele heard about the Rosneft sale months before it happened, who ended up with the commission from it... and how Kushner is suddenly flush with cash in a real estate venture that was underwater, and how the Trumps are dropping hundreds of millions in cash on condo construction at a golf course that was bleeding money before. 

This was always the key conspiracy question to me and did not even come close to being answered by Mueller. I’m not sure if it fell within his investigative scope or more on the counter-intel side. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Which is its exact purpose of his letter and which is why there's probably a 99.999% chance that Barr will refuse to release it.

This is just going to set up days of speculation until it’s released or leaked or whatever. It’s going to happen. 

So what we now know...

1.  Russia meddled in the 2016 election.

2.  This meddling favored Trump.

3.  Trump did not conspire with the Russians in the meddling.

What I can conclude based on that:  Russia is still bad and they wanted Trump to win for obvious reasons.  Trump seemingly does’t care that Russia meddled in the election and will presumably hope it happens in the 2020 election so long as it favors him.

Get ready for more propaganda and the idiots who eat it up to spread the propaganda.  Elections have consequences.  We need to protect America.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I find that hard to believe. This report (well, the report of the report) isn't going to move the needle all that much one way or the other IMO. Trumpers were always going to support him even if the Mueller report said that they had tapes of Trump literally offering Putin our nuclear codes in exchange for election help. And people who are against Trump are still going to hate the guy anyway because of all of the blatant **** he does every single day. To me the midterms are a pretty good indicator.

I disagree.  They are people who neither like or hate Trump.  We know there's a group that loves Trump no matter what and there's a group that hates him, no matter what.

Mueller report didn't say collusion.  So, that will be enough for people.  I believe many people and this is beyond the Trumpsters, will buy Trump's arguement he is being harrassed and the Dems are trying to overturn the 2016 election.  It will be just enough, to give Trump his electoral victory next year and give the GOP back the House.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

I disagree.  They are people who neither like or hate Trump.  We know there's a group that loves Trump no matter what and there's a group that hates him, no matter what.

Mueller report didn't say collusion.  So, that will be enough for people.  I believe many people and this is beyond the Trumpsters, will buy Trump's arguement he is being harrassed and the Dems are trying to overturn the 2016 election.  It will be just enough, to give Trump his electoral victory next year and give the GOP back the House.

Collusion was the precedent set by Trump himself, likely because he knew it couldn’t be proven.  Nobody, NOBODY, used the word collusion more than Trump.  

I won’t vote for Trump cause that con man raised my taxes.  **** that orange piece of ****.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So what did the midterm results tell us? You think the GOP is suddenly going to win back all of those seats? Trump barely squeaked by in 2016 and that was before people got such a huge whif of how truly awful and incompetent he was once he was president. I think the midterms tell us a different story.

Barr's report to Congress was always going to say something like this; it was always going to spin as much as possible. I think deep down we all knew it. What's important is getting to see the actual report. 

I'm curious to see how the WH handles Trump's proclamation that he's fine with the public seeing the whole report. Since Barr basically said "no collusion" then Trump should absolutely recommend the whole thing be released, right? I really hope the media hammers them on that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Also worth noting, the letter specifies "Russian government."

Does that include wikileaks or not?

Shoot, does this include oligarchs?

The Russian government can be construed very narrowly if one wants to.

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So what did the midterm results tell us? You think the GOP is suddenly going to win back all of those seats? Trump barely squeaked by in 2016 and that was before people got such a huge whif of how truly awful and incompetent he was once he was president. I think the midterms tell us a different story.

Barr's report to Congress was always going to say something like this; it was always going to spin as much as possible. I think deep down we all knew it. What's important is getting to see the actual report. 

I'm curious to see how the WH handles Trump's proclamation that he's fine with the public seeing the whole report. Since Barr basically said "no collusion" then Trump should absolutely recommend the whole thing be released, right? I really hope the media hammers them on that.

Trump: "I'll talk with Mueller"

WH Council: "Nooooooooooooo"

I see the same thing happening with Mueller's report being made public.  

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So what we now know...

1.  Russia meddled in the 2016 election.

2.  This meddling favored Trump.

3.  Trump did not conspire with the Russians in the meddling.

What I can conclude based on that:  Russia is still bad and they wanted Trump to win for obvious reasons.  Trump seemingly does’t care that Russia meddled in the election and will presumably hope it happens in the 2020 election so long as it favors him.

Get ready for more propaganda and the idiots who eat it up to spread the propaganda.  Elections have consequences.  We need to protect America.

Junior explicitly said he would like Russian help. Russia helped. You can easily conclude that Trump was appreciative of that help. It really didn't have to be written down or explicitly stated, although to me the Jr emails were pretty explicit.

The logic that Trump can't be charged with obstruction because the investigation of the crime he was obstructing was inconclusive seems like a poor ruling.

Oh well, we get the leadership we deserve. I think he loses in 2020, his shtick is getting tired.

44 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's over.  Trump is going to win reelection, easily.  

No he is not. Only 33% of the country is stupid enough to think that he does anything right. Those that were on the fence before and voted for him will not do so again.

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

Trump: "I'll talk with Mueller"

WH Council: "Nooooooooooooo"

I see the same thing happening with Mueller's report being made public.  

They'll throw it all on Barr. "The president wants the report made public, but the AG has decided not to do so and we will abide by his decision". 

Just now, Skintime said:

No he is not. Only 33% of the country is stupid enough to think that he does anything right. Those that were on the fence before and voted for him will not do so again.

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone could look at the 2018 midterm results and think that Trump is likely to win in 2020. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They'll throw it all on Barr. "The president wants the report made public, but the AG has decided not to do so and we will abide by his decision". 

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone could look at the 2018 midterm results and think that Trump is likely to win in 2020. 

The 2018 House victory is looking like a speed bump.  If anything the Senate win solidified Trump’s hold on the country and the justice department and judges and since he has been corrupting and subverting every other aspect of the government and the justice system to his will, I have a hard time imagining a free and fair election in 2020.  There’s no reason to believe Russia won’t tip the scale then even if they didn’t before. But to be honest Trump will likely have so much power (assuming there are not more indictments of close allies to come) that he won’t need Russia’s help to fix the election.

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Midterms aren't an accurate predictor of the following election.

1994 didn't predict Clinton losing in 1996. Clinton won easily. 2010 didn't predict Obama losing in 2012. Obama won.

In the states that Trump needs to get 270, he just got the bopst he needed to get him there.

AS for congress. The Dems won many Trump districts that they can easily loose in 2020.

Sorry, but I see Trump and the GOP winning in 2020; unless the economy is in recession on Election Day. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Midterms aren't an accurate predictor of the following election.

1994 didn't predict Clinton losing in 1996. Clinton won easily. 2010 didn't predict Obama losing in 2012. Obama won.

In the states that Trump needs to get 270, he just got the bopst he needed to get him there.

AS for congress. The Dems won many Trump districts that they can easily loose in 2020.

Sorry, but I see Trump and the GOP winning in 2020; unless the economy is in recession on Election Day. 

It will be

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Shoot, does this include oligarchs?

The Russian government can be construed very narrowly if one wants to.

This is the most interesting part to me. The letter is really useless until the entire report comes out.