Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Not sure what the problem is here. The State Department was just telling Maddow to talk to their boss. Pretty standard procedure.

State Department issues the visas for foreign nationals to enter the U.S. State Department rep telling Maddow to ask the Russians is a deflection, because of State's responsibility to issue a visa. Who cares what Russia does in allowing their citizens to visit other countries. 

State controls who comes into this country by visa.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

State Department issues the visas for foreign nationals to enter the U.S. State Department rep telling Maddow to ask the Russians is a deflection, because of State's responsibility to issue a visa. Who cares what Russia does in allowing their citizens to visit other countries. 

State controls who comes into this country by visa.

I think you missed my snark. I was saying their bosses as in Russia. As in the Trump administration answers to them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You wouldn't say that to my face if I had my gun though, college boy.

But seriously, there are really poor & crime ridden areas that keep voting democrat. A lot of the time, there are other factors at play beyond the government leadership. Sometimes not though.

Also, we shouldn't get caught up in the idea that there's only one right way to do things. There have been plenty of good and bad leaders on both sides of the aisle. It's the quality of the individual more than the political affiliation that really matters. Unfortunately, what we are watching is a GOP base that has been cultivated to vote for poor quality individuals.

Re: poor/crime ridden neighborhoods that vote Dem, it’s not like many, maybe most of them don’t understand that they’re picking the lesser of two evils. Given the choice between whatever bad thing about a Dem candidate vs. another who either hates you and/or will actively push policies designed to marginalize you, I suspect you’d do what they do, pull the lever or check out of the process and hope for the best.

I don’t think anyone believes there’s only one way to do things. However, given that the Republics have worked overtime for the past 20 years to massively polarize the country by peddling crap talking points and lies as individuals and via their propaganda channels, it’s not surprising. They’ve essentially created exactly the situation I described above for Republic voters, i.e. forcing a choice between fascism and the people on the other side that they universally paint as commies that hate the country. 

• Like 2

@The Sisko I don't disagree with anything you said. My point was just to say that quality leadership is still possible from someone who subscribes to, what is supposed to be or what used to be, the Republican platform. What we're seeing today is the result of a bunch of ****ty human beings rather than a fundamentally flawed political philosophy.

I'm just seeing this, but I guess it's been big news on twitter all day. Apparently twitter purged a bunch of bots last night, and MAGAs are up in arms because they lost a ton of followers. Of course, it's being hyped up by them as a liberal conspiracy aimed at stopping their freedom of speech by getting rid of so many like-minded accounts.

Coincides with this too:

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Hope they dont reproduce. 

I'd be all for requiring an IQ test before allowing people to reproduce. Think of the number of problems that would solve.

Our workforce in 20 years would be an army of super-soldier types. We'd have teleporters and ****.

edit: As I posted this, "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Danger was playing in the background. Fitting.

" Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding "

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Not sure what the problem is here. The State Department was just telling Maddow to talk to their boss. Pretty standard procedure.

I see what you did there. Nice.

Edited by ExoDus84

2 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

I'm just seeing this, but I guess it's been big news on twitter all day. Apparently twitter purged a bunch of bots last night, and MAGAs are up in arms because they lost a ton of followers. Of course, it's being hyped up by them as a liberal conspiracy aimed at stopping their freedom of speech by getting rid of so many like-minded accounts.

I'm sending thoughts and prayers to them in this dire hour.

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Predicto said:

"It's kind of cruel" to harass a President like this, says Larry Klayman, the man who filed dozens of lawsuits against Bill and Hillary Clinton.  

It's different because the Clintons were clearly up to no good.

I mean, just look at the number of lawsuits filed against them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

It's different because the Clintons were clearly up to no good.

I mean, just look at the number of lawsuits filed against them!

Absolutely!  I mean, if Hillary isn't corrupt and evil, why does twa keep saying she is?

• Haha 1