Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I have another possibly dumb question. 

If it is found that trumps campaign was colluding with Russia would the American people then be entitled to a special election or would they just go down the line until they found someone who had no ties to the trump campaign?

Seems to me that at the minimum if there is no precedent for this we would have to have a special election to put this behind us.

I was wondering the same thing a few days ago. Special or recall election would seem to be reasonable if these allegations are proven true.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

It's Bebe, twa, not bibi. That always mattered  to him.

Fake News!!!

2 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

There is a line of succession for a reason people.

Save your breath, they are still desperately clinging to hope. :kickcan:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

Fake News!!!

Save your breath, they are still desperately clinging to hope. :kickcan:

Im more curious than anything else.

What would happen in that event?

I understand the line of succession but if in the event the campaign were compromised wouldn't that then compromise the line of succession?

Not saying it's gonna happen just a curious what if.

How far down the line would they have to go before they got to someone who wasn't involved in the campaign?

12 hours ago, twa said:

Been months now, need to bring some meat to the table....and Yes I'm fine with Pence or Ryan.

Get the hitch out of your gitalong :kickcan: 

So now you guys care about facts?  That's precious. :P

I do agree that there needs to be more meat brought to the table, but to downplay what is currently happening, in my opinion, is whistling past the graveyard. 

When/if the meat comes...will you eat it or dismiss it just like everything else?  And yes, I already know the answer. :cheers:

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I understand the line of succession but if in the event the campaign were compromised wouldn't that then compromise the line of succession?

How far down the line would they have to go before they got to someone who wasn't involved in the campaign?

third in succession is Speaker of the House.   While far from my dream president, as far as I know he was arms length from the US presidential campaign of 2016 (as much as any politician can be)

(third, if the President is "first")

Edited by mcsluggo

13 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I'm hungry.....feed me

add

I'd kinda be happy if ya could work it so Rex or Mattis  took over.

Git ta work  :kickcan:

Edited by twa
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, redskinss said:

VP, Speaker of the House, President pro tempore of the Senate, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense....

Are you implying that Paul Ryan was complicit? Orinn Hatch? Rex Tillerson? Gen (ret) Mattis?

52 minutes ago, Llevron said:

My understanding is that treason destroys the line of succession. I have no prof of this outside of my history classes. I cant seem to find that anyplace online. 

I don't think treason destroys the line of succession because there is no provision in place specifically for treason, and treason is specifically called out in the Constitution. 

Paul Ryan was not involved in the campaign. Gen Mattis has a reputation that is respected by both sides, doubt he would have been involved.

• Like 2

You are probably right. As I remember it, it was treason, bribery and one other thing. And it wouldn't put Paul Ryan out in my .....scenario? Bad memory??.....it would actually make him President. 

Ask me what my grade was lol. Count this as ramblings

Edited by Llevron

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You are probably right. As I remember it, it was treason, bribery and one other thing. And it wouldn't put Paul Ryan out in my .....scenario? Bad memory??.....it would actually make him President. 

Treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors?

Edited by visionary

Just now, visionary said:

Treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors?

Yep, thats what I was thinking of! But once I googled it I see now I must have just been remembering what causes impeachment. Dead wrong. Damn

I suspect the line of succession would still be in place, but with perhaps some added scrutiny at each rung.

Of course, once it hits Ryan, odds are it would stop there, which is a benefit of the line of succession having two Congressmen in it at 3 and 4; no need to scrap everything if the Administration is compromised, Ryan could, hypothetically, be clean enough to take the office and could clean house.

This is also assuming any collaborators in Trump's admin are also indicted and outed, making Ryan's job somwhat easier.

say...ya think vlad figures doing these recently expired rooskie-related individuals with a little more noise than normal is partly to remind donny & friends to keep their heads on tight and not think they can drop a dime on him? :P

on a more serious note...think of vlad sitting on many tens of billions of dollars...think about that...and he is so powerful and autonomous by now, that many informed people, far from being conspiracy nuts, state that he has had multiple people killed across the globe (ever more brazenly it would seem) with immunity over the years ...sleep tight tonight 

• Like 1