Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite songs from the 90s

ThePackisback

I went to the Lollapalooza that Pumpkins headlined...Billy Corgan absolutely screamed that entire song, it was either near the end or the encore (been a while for my feeble memory), and I was soooooo disappointed. 

Btw, girl bassists rock.  (I had mine stolen, and kinda lost the urge after that.)

Depends on my mood. When I'm depressed give me Alice In Chains

Seen them a few times in concert. When I'm in a happy goofy mood give me Jenny Says, not played out like other songs mentioned here and awesome ditty

When I am in a rap mood give me Ice Cube

Just depends on my mood

This is my favorite non-RTT thread in the tailgate.  Music from the 90's is by far my favorite.  I listen to the 90's alternative station on Amazon Music constantly.

Anything from Nirvana, Offspring, Dre, Snoop, Pac, Biggie, Rage Against the Machine, Sublime, Tool, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Green Day, Alice in Chains, STP, Metallica, No Doubt, RHCP (and probably way more that I'm forgetting off the top of my head) are top choices for me.  I even loved most 90's pop music.  I graduated high school in '99, so this era is my fave.

Nirvana is my GOAT.  This whole show in Reading is incredible for a Nirvana fan, but here's a few of my favorites.  Velvet Revolver covered Negative Creep a few years back.

wait.... they kept on making music after the 80s??? 

(and then i read THIS thread... all filled with the Beastie Boys, Depech Mode, Nirvana, Chile peppers, U2, deftones, Metalica...etc....etc....etc.... and realize that i was right :)

but then.... there are some songs

On 1/30/2017 at 3:55 PM, Destino said:

We doing latin songs too?  Well then we got to include this panty dropper. 

Tejano jefe , yours doesn't even have a squeezebox. :silly:

or at least not a bare one.

I've hit that stage in life where I care very little for current music and think the 90s was the last good generation of music. Even the late 90s started to fall off. 

Alice In Chains 

Tool

Nine Inch Nails (Trent Reznor is probably my favorite musician) 

Rage Against the Machine

Smashing Pumpkins

Nirvana (man just watched soaked in bleach yesterday what a damn shame)

Pearl Jam

Deftones

RHCP

The Prodigy

2pac

Those were my favorites but I like just about everything that was from the 90s. 

Damn had a good post for this thread and now i can't find the videos. Was actually talking to my non-American, non-Western SO about the whackness of the 80's and the realness of the 90's. Used two 2 Live Crew videos to demonstrate it to her, one from '90 (still counting it as the 80's) and the other from a few years later. The 80's one had two white dudes legitimately, non-sarcastically dressed up like Kid 'n Play, hair and everything, dancing on a stage throughout most of it. The 90's one was...well...ass n' titties.

Seriously the 90's deserves a presidential medal of freedom for saving us from the 80's*. Most slept-on best decade. Put it right up there with the 20's and 60's. Just my opinion. And of course I'm biased.

*(80's being whack is non-debatable) 

Has anyone listed REM? They released Out of Time in 1991, Automatic for the People in 1992, and Monster in 1994.  There was some great music in those releases.  I'll mention "Me in Honey" and "Belong" from Out of Time, "Man on the Moon" and "Night Swimming" from Automatic for the People, and "Strange Currencies" from Monster.

Archived