Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

What is your back-up plan?? Money is not an issue.  Do you understand supply and demand? He is the starter for the next 3 years at least until we draft another QB.  75M and 10 draft picks this offseason.  We will be alright

Your words have a way of making me (and probably others) feel better about the situation, so to you I say, "thanks!"  The real question, however, is "What is GMSM going to do?"   

Just now, SittingBull said:

We have found a QB and you want to get rid of him is the problem.  Look at Eli's passer rating the last 5 games.  He is a SB winner.  QBs have **** games, especially with no run game and no defense.

We need to stop comparing this to other teams' situation. 

This is a unique situation with no precedent. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Why is it that other teams can find QBs but we can't? This fanbase has such a loser mentality, it's embarrassing. So **** it, let's pay this guy record money because he throws for a bunch of yards and chokes in big games. What could possibly go wrong? 

thanks for answering me question but you can't. I'm not saying Kirk is a 10 year starter.  He can start for the next 3 years while we find someone. The draft is terrible for QBs. Please lay out a plan before you spew more bull****

Unless you're a HOF QB, no one would be able to win 8 games with this defense. 

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

To be fair, a lot of QBs would play well in those conditions 

but the odds of getting to that point aren't high

Maybe.  But Kirk has done a hell of a job learning and executing Grudens system and, KEY POINT, stayed healthy for the duration.  I'd really like to see him learn and execute a better system.  And there's a whole lot of better systems out there.

10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The defense is terrible. You do realize it was a goal of Gruden and SM to fix the offense first and get the QB position set vs fixing a defense.  This is an era of offense. Some people dont realize you can just cut everyone in 1 offseason.  This is the offseason to watch to fix this team. The giants did it last season spending 200M on their defense.

Trash roster? 

If all the talent is on one side of the ball then one would assume that side of the ball would kind of look ok right?

LLLLLOOLLLLLERSKATES

Kirk puts up 325 yards and 3 scores yesterday and everyone would be like PAY THE MAN.

What's the alternative?  What's the plan? 

The "let Kirk go" crowd is so damn hot-takey.  You act like there's never been a good QB that's had a bad game in a bad situation, that's thrown a pick at a bad time.  You act like the book on Cousins has been written, that he still can't get better and develop. 

I've long felt that Skins fans don't know any better when it comes to quarterbacks because we haven't had any stability at the position since...well, Rypien?  And even he wasn't here for that long. 

So since we've cycled through dozens of quarterbacks over the years, what's one more?  Nevermind that he's put up some great stats and given stability to the position, what's another QB?  No, we need an ELITE QB, someone that never throws picks at bad times and can singlehandedly take us to the Superbowl because that's how football works. 

He scares me. Really good QB statistically but I don't trust him in big moments. I also don't feel comfortable with his emotional state. He gets too down or too excited both of which seem to affect his play. But he's the best QB we've had in decades. 

46 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

I'll hold the door. People make fun of Eli manning for late game picks but Kirk has single handly lost us 3 game this year. Dallas, Panthers, and Giants. (You can throw in Cincy and Arizona into the debate as well)

Let's not forget that pick 6 in Philly a few weeks ago.

Kirk is AVERAGE! You fans really want to settle for average? 

You certainly picked his three worst games of the year but do you think maybe it's not a coincidence that when the Redskins cannot run the ball the entire offense goes to ****?

Kirk didn't singlehandedly lose us any game this year, and he didn't win us any either. He had great games and dog**** ones amidst a team that only has talent on one side of the ball. That's most QBs in the league, up and down. It's annoying as hell but there's only a few top-tier generals.

1 minute ago, SittingBull said:

We have found a QB and you want to get rid of him is the problem.  Look at Eli's passer rating the last 5 games.  He is a SB winner.  QBs have **** games, especially with no run game and no defense.

This.  But like Mr. Sinister said, it's battered fan syndrome.  In years past, I probably would've been throwing things after the game yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

You mean the super bowl that the league basically force fed to New Orleans? 

Im just saying if you asked Charger fans they regret letting Brees walk. They had Rivers and you see how that has worked out. Rivers is a damn good QB but Brees is HOF bound.

We dont even have a QB to replace Cousins. Im just saying I wouldnt let the QB who has the two best passing seasons in Skins history walk. Let him play with a running game that can show a pulse and maybe he wont have to carry us.

We need a running game and a run defense not another QB. Colt McCoy would have won maybe 4 games this season.

2 cents

I always come back to , Is there anyone any better? If Colt was better wouldn't he be playing? Is there anyone we can pick up any better?

I wonder if with the 1 year tag Kirk didn't want to risk running. Just a thought.

Yeah Kirk laid an egg yesterday. Hopefully it brought him down off his high horse. Probably not. There aren't a lot of humble players out there.

Gruden needs to play him in preseason. We started too slow and I think the season was lost in AZ, Cincy and Detroit, Carolina as much as yesterday. A lot of those were coaching too.

9 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Eli has two super bowl wins and his balls don't shrink to peanuts with the game on the line. 

So if Hopkins makes the chip shot in London. ...or if the defense doesn't waste a 4th qtr comeback by allowing a td drive in less than a minute in Detroit...or if the defense shows up at all on thanksiving and doesnt waste a 449 and 3 td performance. ...is this thread still a thing? 

Just now, Major Harris said:

So if Hopkins makes the chip shot in London. ...or if the defense doesn't waste a 4th qtr comeback by allowing a td drive in less than a minute in Detroit...or if the defense shows up at all on thanksiving and doesnt waste a 449 and 3 td performance. ...is this thread still a thing? 

Possibly because Kirk would probably pull this act next weekend in Seattle. There's a pretty good precedent for it...

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

He scares me. Really good QB statistically but I don't trust him in big moments. I also don't feel comfortably with his emotional state. He gets too down or too excited both of which seem to affect his play. 

Yeah, does he really?  Do you see Kirk huddled up in the fetal position on the sidelines after throwing picks?  Or do you see him running up and down the field after throwing a touchdown and getting absolutely TOO happy?  And how do each of these emotions effect him on the field, directly?

2 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

Nope.  Kirk was amazing on Thanksgiving, btw.

2 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

Absolutely not, and that's the pathetic thing here.

Only way some people are happy is if they have a QB that never throws a pick, EVER.  NO PICKS.  Christ, Major Harris, we can never have a QB that throws a pick. 

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

I firmly believe the Redskins fanbase will never allow the franchise to have  a HOF QB because they will literally run every QB out of town before his time truly shines.  Do you realize it takes 4-5 years to establish yourself as elite?   

We don't make the ****ing decision. Stop acting like we do. 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I hate talking intangibles because you can't prove any of this stuff.

But Kirk is soft. He's not an alpha. From the first drive, you knew what kind of performance we were gonna get from him. When things don't get as planned, he folds. To be fair, he doesn't throw the ints in bunches but instead he'll just miss over and over. His body language is just so sad. After every sack, I watched him shuffle back to the sideline like a hurt dog. 

Then he further shows his ****assness in his post game presser. Can you win with this guy????

i don't know 

This...I don't know either, but I agree that he isn't alpha and he is really a head case.  He's too tight.  He's robotic and OCD.  He folds under pressure, and he's terrible at making off schedule plays.  You could see the frustration from the receivers--guys were open all day, and as we've seen with Kirk in other big games under the bright lights, he gets jumpy and dare I say it, scared.  It's like he doesn't have the confidence and can't calm himself down.  I just don't know how you fix that or whether it can be fixed.  Giving him a legit stud running back couldn't hurt though.  Maybe take some of the pressure off of him. 

But here's the problem: with the game and the season on the line, I had zero, and I mean zero confidence that Kirk would win us the game. 

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I firmly believe the Redskins fanbase will never allow the franchise to have  a HOF QB because they will literally run every QB out of town before his time truly shines.  Do you realize it takes 4-5 years to establish yourself as elite?   

Lol yep fans run players out of town.

How the **** did Jason Campbell play here so long??? 

And then you arbitrarily throw out a time frame to become elite based on nothing. Ok

the guy wants 25M without even winning a ****ing playoff game. You guys are acting like we ready to run Tom Brady out of town. This isn't unreasonable 

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Possibly because Kirk would probably pull this act next weekend in Seattle. There's a pretty good precedent for it...

oh, I hate people who demand perfection every week.  Even Super Bowl winners lay some eggs

13 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

We need to stop comparing this to other teams' situation. 

This is a unique situation with no precedent. 

Actually this is a situation that happened last season. Skins fans upset a QB cant win every game. I can compare this to most situations. Cousins plays better than he did last season but fans upset that we cant win in the cold with no running game. Put Cousins on the 2005 Redskins and we would have played the Steelers not Seattle. 

Id rather have Cousins than Brunell banged up, Todd Collins luck, or RG3s legs. 

Easier to find a RB than a QB imo.

Archived