Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that the seeding is set, what is your ideal Super Bowl LI?

Bacon

• The Skins are out, so let's see if anyone gets a small consolation prize.

I've got to go with Falcons/Chiefs. With the emergence of Tyreek Hill, there are plenty of potential weapons in this matchup and neither team has won a Super Bowl in, at best, 46 years. The Chiefs are the more balanced team, but the Falcons are an absolute nightmare to gameplan for. The only downside is that the two teams faced each other already this year, but it was a fantastic rollercoaster of a game. 

Yeah, can't argue at all with this matchup.  You do have to feel really bad for Oakland, which was having a great season before Carr went down in the second-to-last game.

As for watching the playoffs, I have no desire to watch any of the games next weekend besides perhaps Giants at Packers.  Assuming Seattle beats Detroit, which team.....NY or GB........do you want to see go to Dallas?  I'd really like to see Rodgers get a crack at the Cowboys down there......think It'd be a great divisional round game.  In the AFC, a Pitt vs KC match in the divisional round would be compelling. But it is tough to see the Pats not repping the AFC in SB LI.  Atlanta is a compelling team, and think they do have a good shot of breaking through this season.

10 minutes ago, drowland said:

You know FOX wants Cowboys/Patriots from a ratings standpoint.  

I'll take a rematch of SB I.  Chiefs/Packers with the Chiefs getting revenge after 50 years.  

Oooooo........good call!   That's my new favorite now.  Though I'd like to see the Pack win again.  I've always had respect for their organization.

29 minutes ago, drowland said:

You know FOX wants Cowboys/Patriots from a ratings standpoint.  

I'll take a rematch of SB I.  Chiefs/Packers with the Chiefs getting revenge after 50 years.  

Steelers vs cowboys would be cool too, you know, two teams with the most super bowl victories. With Steelers winning of course ?

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Steelers vs cowboys would be cool too, you know, two teams with the most super bowl victories. With Steelers winning of course ?

Your opinion doesn't matter.  Your picks cost me my pool.  I knew I shouldn't pick the raiders.  I lost by ONE game!

just kidding.  I did lose but no hard feelings.  I pretty much agreed with it all.  Appreciate the input.  Chiefs packers would still be the best match up.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Your opinion doesn't matter.  Your picks cost me my pool.  I knew I shouldn't pick the raiders.  I lost by ONE game!

just kidding.  I did lose but no hard feelings.  I pretty much agreed with it all.  Appreciate the input.  Chiefs packers would still be the best match up.

It's all good, just shows that week 17 is tough to predict I guess ? 

Id be just as fine with Chiefs packers, I guess I'd have nobody to cheer against cause I have no hate for either team. Would be nice to just relax and watch a game like that for once. 

I don't think there's been a super bowl like that for me since what, 2010? 

2011: I hated both the Giants and patriots 

2012: hated the Ravens 

2013: hated the Seahawks 

2014: hated the patriots and Seahawks 

2015: hated the panthers (cause of Newton)

What I'd like to see:

Cowboys vs. Chiefs or Dolphins

What could happen:

Cowboys or Falcons vs Patriots

I think Atlanta has the firepower to outlast every team in the NFC. Green Bay could be a sleeper, but I personally don't see them winning AT Dallas or Atlanta. Their defense has been shaky (injury-ridden) all year, and Rodgers is going to face better teams. Dallas has only lost to one team all year (two if you count the @ Eagles preseason-esque Week 17 game), is very balanced, and has homefield advantage (no, the stadium isn't "Seattle loud" but at least we don't have to travel). Our defense has been pretty damn good over the last month (check the stats). Giants better hope their opponents don't score more than 20 points in a game, because that offense has been awful. Lions have not been stepping up these past couple weeks.

As long as the Giants, Cowboys, and Seahawks don't represent the NFC, and the Steelers aren't there for the AFC, I don't really care.  Though, I do like the Packers (sort of my back-up to the Redskins when they aren't playing), so I would like for them to be there, if possible.  I know I'm in the major minority with this on this board, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats win, if for no other reason than to have to watch ****head Goodell have to present the trophy to them. :) 

22 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Anyone vs. The Chiefs, with the Chiefs winning. It would be a great **** You to the Eagles if Reid gets a ring.

I would like to see the Chiefs make it to the big dance. Seeing Eagles fans' reactions would be entertaining.

16 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I might skip that superbowl, go into my nuclear bunker until the bandwagon bowl was over.  Dear God that would suck.

I'd have a hard time stomaching Pats getting another ring, but I would watch Brady go toe to toe with Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

As much as I want the Packers, I think it will be Giants/Pats again, with  the usual result.

That would be ridiculous...

"Tom Brady the greatest QB of all time... but couldn't beat Eli Manning's Giants in the Super Bowl... 3 times". What a headline.

I'd root for Patriots, honestly.

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

Not gonna lie, if the Giants beat the Patriots again I'm going to laugh my ass off.

I doubt Tom wants any parts of NYG. But should it come to that, and the Giants win, I'm seriously going to do a **** ton of soul searching.

Matty Ice vs Big Ben ain't bad, if for nothing more than there's been Brady or a Manning in the majority of the SB's I've watched since 8th grade

Archived