Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that the seeding is set, what is your ideal Super Bowl LI?

Bacon

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I might skip that superbowl, go into my nuclear bunker until the bandwagon bowl was over.  Dear God that would suck.

I'd have a hard time stomaching Pats getting another ring, but I would watch Brady go toe to toe with Rodgers.

Unfortunately that bandwagon makes the league a **** ton of money. With people having grown weary of the controversy surrounding the pats every few years (deserved or not), maras team not really good enough to justify a gift of that magnitude from his pal Roger, Seattle having enough recent success and not really having an extended fan base I fear it may just be dallass' "turn"  

Jerry hasn't had one yet in his new-ish stadium.

Maybe the steelers or or pack can spare us that result but neither have a story line strong enough to beat out "sensational rookie qb takes America's team all the way". 

The rest are smaller market teams without much of a chance....profitability wise of course. 

8 hours ago, onedrop said:

Unfortunately that bandwagon makes the league a **** ton of money. With people having grown weary of the controversy surrounding the pats every few years (deserved or not), maras team not really good enough to justify a gift of that magnitude from his pal Roger, Seattle having enough recent success and not really having an extended fan base I fear it may just be dallass' "turn"  

Jerry hasn't had one yet in his new-ish stadium.

Maybe the steelers or or pack can spare us that result but neither have a story line strong enough to beat out "sensational rookie qb takes America's team all the way". 

The rest are smaller market teams without much of a chance....profitability wise of course. 

Not calling you out or anything, but do you honestly think that the league "picks" the teams who go to the SB? As in, they have the refs call the game to make sure a team has the best chance of winning?

I think the league has its favorites (namely the Giants [East Coast bias, biggest market]), but I don't see them rigging the game THAT much.

22 hours ago, Xameil said:

Anyone vs. The Chiefs, with the Chiefs winning. It would be a great **** You to the Eagles if Reid gets a ring.

21 hours ago, Rey713 said:

I would like to see the Chiefs make it to the big dance. Seeing Eagles fans' reactions would be entertaining.

I'd actually be happy for Fat Andy.  It was time for a change in Philly when he left though.

2 hours ago, Rey713 said:

Not calling you out or anything, but do you honestly think that the league "picks" the teams who go to the SB? As in, they have the refs call the game to make sure a team has the best chance of winning?

I think the league has its favorites (namely the Giants [East Coast bias, biggest market]), but I don't see them rigging the game THAT much.

Let's just say the NFL steers the narrative to whatever will make the most money. 

28 minutes ago, doncherry said:

Cowboys vs. Raiders. 

I know it isn't happening since Carr is hurt.

They're definitely going to be the underdogs for the playoffs. I'm pulling for them in the AFC :) 

I think even without Carr they can beat the Texans this weekend. But can they beat Kansas City or New England (whoever they'd face) with Connor cook as QB? 

I will be shocked if this year isn't Tom Brady's fifth and final Superbowl win. Been thinking all last year that the NFL is becoming predictable and this was Brady's year. After Peyton won and retired last year it only makes sense to see the same thing happen to Tom Brady this year. Brady is 39 years old now and while he says he will play forever come on man. So why not showcase the NFL's greatest QB and watch him go out the likes of Elway and Payton with his record setting 5th Superbowl win this year? Makes sense to me. Then we watch him ride out into the sunset this year instead of going the way of Brett Farve, old guy hanging on too long trying to script that next year? 

On the other side I thought it made perfect sense to see Brady beating the Giants finally.

Then things got interesting because of the Cowboys, they came out of no where and took the league by storm so what is the NFL to do? If they let the Cowboys get to the big game and they lose, well there is a Superbowl curse (See Carolina this year as one of tons of examples) which likely derails that money train. This is the hottest team with the two stud rookies who will be in the league the next 10 years, does anyone actually think that they will let those two guys win the Superbowl as rookies? If they did where do they go from there but down? Then I realized that the Cowboys have been 9-1 four times before and never won a single playoff game in any of those other seasons and I got it. Just like they didn't let Russell Wilson win as a rookie they won't let those guys do that either. No one wins as rookies in the NFL including them.

Book it - Patriots vs Giants III with the Patriots winning and ending in Brady retiring

Now if it was mine to choose I'd love to see the Texans vs the Cowboys with an all Texas Superbowl and the home town Texans winning it all in their stadium. However yea there is no way in hell that's happening lol

@bobandweave, I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't pick which QB wins the super bowl...if you really think the NFL didn't let Russell Wilson win it all in his rookie year, well, you need help. Cause that's just crazy. Ever thought maybe the other team was better? Yeah, that's most likely it. If Dak and Zeke don't win the super bowl this year, it's not going to be because "they won't let them win as a rookie". Wouldn't the league WANT rookies to have success? Might wanna bring your ideas to the conspiracy thread. Lots of crazies in there who will agree with you ?

19 hours ago, onedrop said:

Let's just say the NFL steers the narrative to whatever will make the most money. 

The only ways that can happen is by havings refs try wiping out big plays from the team they want to lose (even then, the game would have to be close since a good team will overcome that) OR somehow telling a team to lose on purpose.

I just don't see that happening. If word ever got out that the league did stuff like that, it would irreparably tarnish their image and cost them so much money that it wouldn't be worth "steering the narrative" of ACTUAL games.

1 minute ago, Rey713 said:

The only ways that can happen is by havings refs try wiping out big plays from the team they want to lose (even then, the game would have to be close since a good team will overcome that) OR somehow telling a team to lose on purpose.

I just don't see that happening. If word ever got out that the league did stuff like that, it would irreparably tarnish their image and cost them so much money that it wouldn't be worth "steering the narrative" of ACTUAL games.

Believe what you want but I would simply suggest you reread your first sentence and watch some football games with your proverbial eyes open to the possibility. Games can hinge on one single play and thereby on a single call....or non call. Totally fixed? No I wouldn't say so. Controlled to some extent, nudged in a preferred direction? Absolutely.

Steelers/Seahawks SB XL was the only one I remember questioning whether or not it was rigged.  The calls were pretty one-sided in Steelers favor.  The calls against Seattle were tacky.  They called it tight against Seattle and loose against the Steelers.  No way did Big Ben get in the endzone on the 3rd and goal sneak and the "low block" penalty they called on Hasselbeck after the INT was nothing I've ever seen. 

I'm sorry to all the cowboys fans that my last post seemed to upset. I am a long time skeptic of the Super Bowl and have been for many years and I should have known that the thot police would get its panties in a bunch with another point of view like this. With that said let's let it play out before getting upset at one another and calling each other crazy eh CCF?

As for what happens next I do hope that none of the games are decided by the refs and the best teams win. That would be nice right! HTTR!!

10 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I'm sorry to all the cowboys fans that my last post seemed to upset. I am a long time skeptic of the Super Bowl and have been for many years and I should have known that the thot police would get its panties in a bunch with another point of view like this. With that said let's let it play out before getting upset at one another and calling each other crazy eh CCF?

As for what happens next I do hope that none of the games are decided by the refs and the best teams win. That would be nice right! HTTR!!

If you turn out to be right I'll have no problem coming back to this thread and saying you were right :) 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If you turn out to be right I'll have no problem coming back to this thread and saying you were right :) 

If I am right I have no problem doing that either lol jk Truth is as much as anyone thinks they know the future none of us does. Absolutely no reason to hear an opinion you disagree with on this subject and do what you did here calling someone crazy imo.

Just remember if anyone here actually did know the future we wouldn't be talking right now because who ever that was would be on a beach somewhere relaxing not wasting time on a forum. Got to remember that brother :) I will be the first to admit I don't know anything not to worry lol I know that my thots are controversial and should know better then to share them but sometimes I just can't keep my big mouth shut which is why I apologized

I've studied this, if you want to question if this billion dollar business actually completely 100% leaves everything up to "chance" then go watch the 15 minute long replay of the 49ers/Seahawks playoff game on the tube and lets discuss it without calling each other names.

Truthfully there have been numerous occasions where officials decided these games I believe for the betterment of the league - one mentioned above with the Steelers/Seahawks Superbowl. the NFC Championship game I just mentioned, this season's Vikings Cowboys game where the officials clearly do not throw a flag on the Cowboys after a blatant late hit they are caught looking directly at it

sam-bradford-penalty.jpg

This seasons Seahawks have been a magnet to these moments. First we see pre-game reports like this

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seahawks-patriots-preview-nfl-tv-rating-start-time-tom-brady-russell-wilson-363111-111116

And then on the field we see a situation where the Patriots had the ball, first and 10, on the Seahawks 2-yard line with under a minute remaining in the game and after the game Tom Brady admitting they weren't trying to score the go ahead TD there and they lose the game

http://www.thescore.com/news/1154801

And further with the Seahawks this season we get this play no call

kicker.0.gif

And reports like this afterwards "The Bills got absolutely cheated on MNF"

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/seahawks-bills-monday-night-football-highlights

There are tons of examples of steering in this league, not fixing these games, by the Refs. I think people can't wrap there minds around that very serious difference. When they hear "fixing" they really don't understand what that means because they think if teams were fixing games then everyone has to be in on it when in fact the only thing needed to do that is a willingness by the Refs to steer the game how they want it to end. But hey lets just continue to do this because we can't handle these questions right

PCFV01P10_14.jpg

As for me I love professional wrestling and always will. I know its fixed I don't care. I watch it because it is entertaining. Same for the NFL. I can handle that, just keep watching brother there will come games and times when you wonder if what I say is real. And when that happens welcome to the dark side, you won't ever be the same again lol

4 hours ago, drowland said:

Steelers/Seahawks SB XL was the only one I remember questioning whether or not it was rigged.  The calls were pretty one-sided in Steelers favor.  The calls against Seattle were tacky.  They called it tight against Seattle and loose against the Steelers.  No way did Big Ben get in the endzone on the 3rd and goal sneak and the "low block" penalty they called on Hasselbeck after the INT was nothing I've ever seen. 

and the story line drama for that game was Jerome Betts rides off into the sunset in front of his hometown crowd....

that is, AFTER "manningbowl" failed to manifest itself.

4 hours ago, onedrop said:

Believe what you want but I would simply suggest you reread your first sentence and watch some football games with your proverbial eyes open to the possibility. Games can hinge on one single play and thereby on a single call....or non call. Totally fixed? No I wouldn't say so. Controlled to some extent, nudged in a preferred direction? Absolutely.

But if a team is good enough (up by multiple scores) to not let the refs "decide" the game on the last couple drives, it doesn't matter. I think the refs are just human and are subject to making judgement calls based on the situation of the game and/or idiotic mistakes.

My main point is that I think more often than not, the better team wins and the team that the NFL is "steering the narrative for" loses.

23 minutes ago, onedrop said:

and the story line drama for that game was Jerome Betts rides off into the sunset in front of his hometown crowd....

that is, AFTER "manningbowl" failed to manifest itself.

That's a good example, but I think it's the rare exception and not the rule.

Just my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Rey713 said:

But if a team is good enough (up by multiple scores) to not let the refs "decide" the game on the last couple drives, it doesn't matter. I think the refs are just human and are subject to making judgement calls based on the situation of the game and/or idiotic mistakes.

or....the power could just accidentally go out....

25 minutes ago, Rey713 said:

My main point is that I think more often than not, the better team wins and the team that the NFL is "steering the narrative for" loses.

That's a good example, but I think it's the rare exception and not the rule.

Just my opinion.

teams definitely CAN overcome the narrative with quality play. that is why there are always multiple story lines at any given time.

15 minutes ago, onedrop said:

or....the power could just accidentally go out....

teams definitely CAN overcome the narrative with quality play. that is why there are always multiple story lines at any given time.

Ravens/49ers?

That was VERY weird... but it's not like having an "unexpected delay" should completely change the game. I know "momentum" is a thing but Baltimore should have played better.

44 minutes ago, Rey713 said:

Ravens/49ers?

That was VERY weird... but it's not like having an "unexpected delay" should completely change the game. I know "momentum" is a thing but Baltimore should have played better.

you know what would be a little bit weirder? if the lights had gone out on ANOTHER game...say a monday night game....

or, how some teams needing a new stadium somehow become "good" right around the time when the idea needs to be sold to the fans.

3 hours ago, onedrop said:

you know what would be a little bit weirder? if the lights had gone out on ANOTHER game...say a monday night game....

or, how some teams needing a new stadium somehow become "good" right around the time when the idea needs to be sold to the fans.

Which MNF are you talking about? :rofl89:

And well the Cowboys weren't good before getting the new stadium in Arlington. One 13-3 season in 07 doesn't make up for the awful early 2000's.

Vikings had some decent seasons recently before their new digs, but not extended success. Same for the 49ers.

Unless a one or two good seasons is all it takes...?

2 hours ago, onedrop said:

just google or search youtube "is the nfl fixed" and follow the bread crumbs......the truth is out there :ph34r:

I decided to watch a salty SF fan's video about how the 2013 NFC Championship Game was rigged. It was surprising how many horrible decisions the refs made that favored Seattle... but of course the video only focused on calls against the 49ers.

Unfortunately, I just think we have bad refs in this league. Interpretation of the rules differs from squad to squad. Not being consistent is my biggest peeve.

Archived