Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Signs point to Giants playing starters vs. Redskins

Boss_Hogg

I knew this was a serious topic when my husband actually admitted to reading articles about it & such...I responded with "Well, if we can find a way to tackle somebody, we'll win, no matter who starts." 

If we can't stop an offense, Kirk's gonna have to be Superman.  And we're gonna be praying for Reed to not take a bad hit that takes him out of the game.  It's a lot to be hopeful for, when all the defense really needs to do is STOP SOME PLAYS. 

http://m.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/article_06e30098-4546-558f-9a69-fc909cd7b104.html?mode=jqm

"The Redskins won in 1937, the Giants in 1938. In the third meeting, a Redskins field goal attempt to win was controversially called no good — according to a New York Times account, a Redskins player punched referee Bill Halloran in the ensuing melee."

i hope it doesn't come down to the refs and a FG

4 minutes ago, RedBeast said:

http://m.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/article_06e30098-4546-558f-9a69-fc909cd7b104.html?mode=jqm

"The Redskins won in 1937, the Giants in 1938. In the third meeting, a Redskins field goal attempt to win was controversially called no good — according to a New York Times account, a Redskins player punched referee Bill Halloran in the ensuing melee."

i hope it doesn't come down to the refs and a FG

You know Mara had something to do with that controversial FG in 1939.

He wasn't even born yet and he was ****ing the Redskins over.

**** him. ;) 

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

To take the chance of putting your "dream" job on the line because you played top players in a completely meaningless game, to me, seems the height of stupidity. 

His choice of hair and mustache alone make him unpredictable. Who the **** chooses to look like that?

8 hours ago, petey hodge said:

How does this compare to the Cowboys v Lions last week?  Were the Boyz amped up because they were at home?   They were not playing 94% and went at them lions hard.  Was their effort due to the home game in primetime?

If that's the case, then NYG should bow out and take the loss and prepare to travel to be someone's beach in the first round.

and we need some revenge in Seattle

It doesn't compare to that game at all. Comparing a week 16 game for a team with a first-round bye is miles away from a week 17 game for a team who plays a playoff game 6-7 days later. Night and day in terms of strategy and motivation. 

The press was saying the same thing about Coughlin's decision to play his guys against an undefeated New England team in Week 17 some years back.  The players absolutely used that as a springboard for their SB title run.  

I can see McAdoo wanting to instill that same kinda mindset with his team.  Everyone acts like McAdoo is just pulling punches, including Vegas.  

I don't think it's a done deal that he sits guys.  It doesn't feel like lip service to me.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The press was saying the same thing about Coughlin's decision to play his guys against an undefeated New England team in Week 17 some years back.  The players absolutely used that as a springboard for their SB title run.  

I can see McAdoo wanting to instill that same kinda mindset with his team.  Everyone acts like McAdoo is just pulling punches, including Vegas.  

I don't think it's a done deal that he sits guys.  It doesn't feel like lip service to me.

I agree.  Though he's going to look really stupid when the kicking net gives OBJ a concussion, and he's in the protocol for the next 2 weeks.

13 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Schefter reported they plan to play their starters for a quarter. They don't have a Romo behind Manning so I don't see anyway they chance it. But we've beat them with their starters in once and we can do it again. 

We have the type of defense that can still be eaten alive by Nassib when he comes in. And their rookie backup RB, Perkins, is probably actually better than Rashad Jennings, and they'll use this as an opportunity to get him snaps. 

We will benefit the most from limited snaps from OBJ and their defensive stars. 

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

You know Mara had something to do with that controversial FG in 1939.

He wasn't even born yet and he was ****ing the Redskins over.

**** him. ;) 

Wellington was sure as hell alive.

34 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We have the type of defense that can still be eaten alive by Nassib when he comes in. And their rookie backup RB, Perkins, is probably actually better than Rashad Jennings, and they'll use this as an opportunity to get him snaps. 

Nassib is on IR. Josh Johnson is their backup.

Coach Cowher just agreed they'll probably play 2 drives and then begin to rest starters. It's just the smart thing to do, yeah you want to build some rhythm on the offense but at what price?

All I know, we just need to show up and not like we did against Carolina. If that team shows up, then I would be very nervous, even against back ups. So, Josh Johnson is their backup QB? I hope it's not a coming out party against our D...haha, oh man, big game.

48 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

All of that's true brother but I still think we'll be fine. I don't expect a blowout but I do think they'll take care of business. 

4 hours ago, Long n Left said:

No personal attack here, as I've seen this same sentiment by a few here, and I just don't get it.

McAdoo has a multi-million dollar job, coveted by many, but only 32 of them in the world. To play your top players in a totally meaningless game could be career suicide if one of those players were to get hurt, or even worse, badly injured. He's a first year head coach who improved his team dramatically, and got them in the playoffs. He's as secure in his position as almost any coach in the league. Why would he jeopardize that? To get revenge? To gain momentum? Just because?

To take the chance of putting your "dream" job on the line because you played top players in a completely meaningless game, to me, seems the height of stupidity. 

I see where you're coming from but to keep an NFC East rival out of the playoffs is something that any team should want to do.  Dallas should want to do it to any of the other teams, so should Philly and us.  I'm watching the Eagles right now and I see Carson Wentz out there in a meaningless game.  Dak Prescott played some, but Romo is in there now.  

I don't think any team would want two losses in a row headed into the playoffs.  Maybe if you were a head coach you'd be fine with two losses in a row headed into the playoffs, maybe it doesn't mean as much as I think it does.

Guess we'll see in a few hours...

1 hour ago, beachboy757 said:

Plot twist... If we get a 14-21 point lead in the 4th quarter can we trust Mccoy and our defense enough to put in OUR backups?

Saw Czaban mentioned that earlier today.

If we're up 3 possessions in the 4th, then yes, you can trust McCoy.

I'd rather let KC get to 5k yards and then I would dress Su'a just for the purpose of letting him take a knee at the end.  Just like he ended the first game.

Why Su'a?

Cause his number is 36.  A number that we should never let them forget.

2 hours ago, Taylor703 said:

Schefter reported they plan to play their starters for a quarter. They don't have a Romo behind Manning so I don't see anyway they chance it. But we've beat them with their starters in once and we can do it again. 

This is what I don't understand.  Either play them, or sit them.  One quarter?  What's the point?  

Oh well, good news for us if true.  I expect McAdoo to be dressed as a clown by halftime, handing out candy from a black cargo van in Green lot.  

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I see where you're coming from but to keep an NFC East rival out of the playoffs is something that any team should want to do.  Dallas should want to do it to any of the other teams, so should Philly and us.  I'm watching the Eagles right now and I see Carson Wentz out there in a meaningless game.  Dak Prescott played some, but Romo is in there now.  

Why would keeping a division rival out of the playoffs mean anything if it doesn't help your situation? If Skins were in the Giants shoes, I'd be livid if Jay played Kirk, or Reed, or D Jax even one snap. Absolutely no need to.

Dak isn't playing cause they're in, Wentz is playing because he has all offseason.

16 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

This is what I don't understand.  Either play them, or sit them.  One quarter?  What's the point?  

Oh well, good news for us if true.  I expect McAdoo to be dressed as a clown by halftime, handing out candy from a black cargo van in Green lot.  

I think you want the starters to go to a routine of practicing over a week and then go through a gameday routine to stay in rhythm. I think its overblown but thats probably the thought process.  A quarter seems kind of short though, I'd have thought at least a half.

Archived