Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Zach Brown visiting the Bills (previous team) today...

Oo a pro-bowl player who can be had for a bargain price at a position we're terrible at... yea, that makes too much sense, we'll pass.

30 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm struggling to find which team has a worse DL than us around the league...  Maybe Dallas?  But they have a ball control offense that keeps their pathetic DL off the field.

This strategy may be our only chance this year.  Lamp at 17 and Kamara/Mixon in 2nd??  Leave our def on the bench.  haha

2 minutes ago, 3 Rings said:

This strategy may be our only chance this year.  Lamp at 17 and Kamara/Mixon in 2nd??  Leave our def on the bench.  haha

I'm a big fan of Gruden's offense, but it'll never be a ToP dominating system. With or without McVay calling the plays, it's pass-first.

Per Roto:

According to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero, the Dolphins have called free agent DT Johnathan Hankins "at least half a dozen times."

The Dolphins and Giants have been the only teams linked to Hankins, who remains the top free agent left on the market. Miami wants Hankins at its price, but to this point he hasn't been willing to budge and is holding firm in wanting a multi-year contract. It simply doesn't look like it's going to happen for him. If he's willing to take a discount, the Dolphins are waiting with arms wide open.

Just now, 3 Rings said:

My thoughts too. Get a LG with the 1st pick and then the best RB there is with rd 2. Only problem is that as long as the Colts pick before us they always get the best O linemen to protect their QB who gets sacked more than anyone.

3 hours ago, CTskin said:

Barry got a lot of the heat, especially for our atrocious 3rd down defense numbers. I believe the lack of talent was more of the issue than the scheme; a few months ago this was a fun debate. Being that we agree the talent hasn't improved, we should get some semblance of an answer next season to our "chicken or the egg" conversation.

Well, there's that I suppose. Personally I'd like that question to remain somewhat unanswered because we upgraded both and were a lot better on Defense.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Per Roto:

If we're interested, that's what we need to be doing.  But it doesn't sound like we're all that interested.

4 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

We're goin' Back to the Future!

Hightower visiting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/22/tim-hightower-visits-washington/

Not the next name I was expecting for a visit.

30 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Good. We need to use the money on Kirk, Moses, and Sheriff. 

Because we're ok on defense. Gotcha.

16 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Hightower visiting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/22/tim-hightower-visits-washington/

I just saw this. WTF is going on?! Tim ****ing Hightower? That MIGHT have been ok 5 years ago. MIGHT.

And still no NT, or ILB, or LG. One thing about Bruce, he doesn't value defense like his father did.

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I just saw this. WTF is going on?! Tim ****ing Hightower? That MIGHT have been ok 5 years ago. MIGHT.

He's actually been good for the Saints the last couple years. Mark Ingram even lost his job to him at one point last season, but then he went off to sort of get it back. But they had a heavy time share there between the two and Hightower was surprisingly efficient. Wouldn't be against this if he comes on the cheap. Good pass catcher, too.  

1 minute ago, thesubmittedone said:

He's actually been good for the Saints the last couple years. Mark Ingram even lost his job to him at one point last season, but then he went off to sort of get it back. But they had a heavy time share there between the two and Hightower was surprisingly efficient. Wouldn't be against this if he comes on the cheap. Good pass catcher, too.  

I had to go look, but I thought he was older. I actually liked him when he was here, and thought he got a little bit of a bad deal. Still, he's 30, and out of football for 4 years before the Saints job. I'd rather draft someone like Alvin Kamara personally.

7 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

30 years old -- so he's old but not crazy old.  I recall he is also a good pass protector and leader. 

Catching up on Jonathan Hankins news at this point, I gather the Redskins aren't in on him, so I think for me at this point I am rooting for him to end up in Miami.  I don't want the Giants to continue to have 4 studs on their D line.    Adding two marquee players last off season to their D line turned around their defense it seems in one fell swoop.  I'd love to see them lose one of those cogs. 

Just now, Morneblade said:

I had to go look, but I thought he was older. I actually liked him when he was here, and thought he got a little bit of a bad deal. Still, he's 30, and out of football for 4 years before the Saints job. I'd rather draft someone like Alvin Kamara personally.

I don't think signing him would negate drafting a RB high or otherwise. At least it shouldn't. Can do both.  

I was basing my assessment of Hightower based on my fantasy football experience, lol... but here's something Hap just posted in the twitter thread that verified it: 

Mike Triplett ESPN Staff Writer 

Free agent RB Tim Hightower is visiting the Redskins on Wednesday, per source – considering a possible reunion after he played there in 2011 before suffering a torn ACL. Hightower, 30, was out of the NFL for three-plus seasons after that because of an undiagnosed infection. But he has made a remarkable recovery with the Saints over the past two years, combining for 923 rushing yards, 329 receiving yards and nine touchdowns as a backup to Mark Ingram. Returning to the Saints is still an option for Hightower, per source. He also visited the 49ers last week and may take one more visit.

Btw, some of the plays he made were really good. Stats don't tell the whole story. He ran really hard and made guys miss often. I'd like this move if he comes cheap... will definitely up the competition for us at RB at the very least and might arguably be the most well-rounded back on the team as soon as he signs.   

It's silly to scream and pound your feet at inaction, when there isn't simply anyone out there left whose talent warrants what they want on the defensive side.  I think the remaining free agents, will come to realize that their demands won't be met, and they will rush to the table right before training camps.

1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

Hightower visiting.

Hey Tim, you're old and have no other offers on the table, how does $15M for 3 years sound?

...For the life of me I just can't comprehend where the FO's mindset is. If he's vet minimum, fine, but good god can we please get off the JAG train and try to actually improve the team.

5 minutes ago, worldpost said:

It's silly to scream and pound your feet at inaction, when there isn't simply anyone out there left whose talent warrants what they want on the defensive side.  I think the remaining free agents, will come to realize that their demands won't be met, and they will rush to the table right before training camps.

See: Hankins, Johnathan & Brown, Zach. We don't know what their "wants" are, but the fact that we haven't even kicked the tires on them is why the feet pounding is completely warranted.

20 minutes ago, CTskin said:

See: Hankins, Johnathan & Brown, Zach. We don't know what their "wants" are, but the fact that we haven't even kicked the tires on them is why the feet pounding is completely warranted.

You have no proof of this...  This is just a wild supposition on your part.  Agents talk to front offices every day without a "twitter" pronouncement.

Archived