Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team store is an embarassment

Tsailand

http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_list&pageNumber=&c=149&v=&sortBy=PriceLoHi&search=&all=Y

I know Danny Snyder is desperate to squeeze every last possible dollar out of the fanbase, but he needs to recognize that there is no more money to be made from certain products, no matter how many of them are still in stock.  It's long past time to send these to the landfill where the expired airline peanuts should have gone.

rg3 for sale.JPG

expired airline peanuts and beer from last year's world cup are one thing.  but meh.  it's goofy merchandise.  it sells.  no harm in it.  don't let it upset you.  just like you shouldn't be upset with anyone wearing an rg3 jersey. ;) let it go lol

I figured this was in reference to the price gouging, which doesn't make much sense.  I understand charging top dollar at the team store at FedExField, as there is nowhere else there to purchase merchandise.  They actually mark the prices up higher than the suggested Nike MSRP.  For example, a t-shirt that has a Nike MSRP of $30 will be roughly $36 in the team store, a roughly 20% markup.  At Dulles Town Center for example, the same shirt can be had less than 50 yards away at Dick's at the $30 MSRP, but typically with an additional discount on top of 25% or so.  It makes even less sense to mark things up at their online team store because nearly every fan gear related website sells at a discount as well. 

Anyone else remember how Colt Brennan's stuff was still being sold over a year after we kicked him off the team?...Dude never threw a regular season pass for the Redskins, either. But the guy still had his fans, and they still bought his merchandise (drastically reduced, of course lol)...

This is what every NFL store around the league does.

5 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

LOL.

I was at the OSU-Michigan game this weekend and couldn't resist asking some Browns fans I was tailgating with what they thought of RG3.  "We got your trash!" was a common response, lol.

Shoot, I was hoping for a story about you going door to door from Columbus to Dayton taking a survey lol...

Not too surprised he doesn't really have fans in Ohio, he hasn't done anything for the Browns yet except get injured. Whatever fan base he still has is probably made up of Skins and Baylor fans. He brought both a certain level of success.

It seems the RG3 contingent is made up of two separate entities, scorned Skins fans that practically stalk him and anything about him to say awful things to/about him & the other side that believe he's simply the unluckiest man in the world and could be the best QB to ever play football.  I was on one of those Redskins fans groups on FB last year and had to voluntarily leave the group as both sides were a complete mess and ruined any semblance of good conversation.  I'd imagine there is still a market for these items with both sides, as I can see the scorned folks throwing a 10 jersey on their shooting targets and the other side still proudly wearing them.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Anyone else remember how Colt Brennan's stuff was still being sold over a year after we kicked him off the team?...Dude never threw a regular season pass for the Redskins, either. But the guy still had his fans, and they still bought his merchandise (drastically reduced, of course lol)...

This is what every NFL store around the league does.

I tried to buy a Colt Brennan jersey to wear for fun at games.  Ordered twice and both times they gave me a McNabb jersey (both wore number 5).  I was like a joke is one thing but I don't want this garbage.  After 2 times it ended up being more trouble than it was worth, never got it lol.

Archived