Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

10 hours ago, Larry said:

Any comments on how people feel about this?  

I have to admit to being somewher conflicted.  I feel like we have a moral obligation to encourage the proliferation of freedom and civil rights.  (Especially in places where I feel like we pay them enough money that I think we ought to have the leverage.)  

But yeah, I can also see the argument that we shouldn't be telling the rest of the world how to run their own neighborhoods.  At the very least, if we're consistent about it, that's at least arguably a moral position, too.  

Are you saying that being consistent is a moral position? 

Just read a WSJ article that talked about Homeland Security demanding people hand over mobile phones and divulge passwords for entry into the country. This is so, so dumb. I mean amateur hour dumb. 

First off, any actual terrorist who is flying a commercial flight here is using a clean phone. That means fake almost catfish level social media accounts and a SIM card for a GSM phone that doesn't have any connection to known contacts. Like most pointless busy work our local state govts do with stop and frisk, this gives the impression on the surface that you're really effectively stopping terrorism from entering the country, while largely only annoying and denying innocent people. 

18 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Just read a WSJ article that talked about Homeland Security demanding people hand over mobile phones and divulge passwords for entry into the country. This is so, so dumb. I mean amateur hour dumb. 

First off, any actual terrorist who is flying a commercial flight here is using a clean phone. That means fake almost catfish level social media accounts and a SIM card for a GSM phone that doesn't have any connection to known contacts. Like most pointless busy work our local state govts do with stop and frisk, this gives the impression on the surface that you're really effectively stopping terrorism from entering the country, while largely only annoying and denying innocent people. 

It's not dumb at all once you admit that it's not actually about terrorism. It's a Muslim ban, just like he promised over and over in his campaign.

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

Halting the Memphis DOJ review is complete and utter bull****. Just another sign that minorities are considered second class citizens to this administration. 

Now, now, you know that simply isn't true.

White women are second class

Them mebbe them clever Asians or good Hebrew lawyers

Mebbe

All those other economy/steerage class passengers don't make it up to the main deck so they don't really count

Archived