Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

19 minutes ago, Burgold said:

America's continuance as a superpower relies on our ability to stay ahead of the game in science, innovation, education, cyber security, health, and defense. Trump's budget is designed to cut all those areas except one.

GOP wants America to fall.

Most of you will die from the rising seas first anyway. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

If he is familiar with Meals on Wheels then he would know it doesn't rely only on federal funds

https://reason.com/blog/2017/03/16/seniors-wont-starve-if-meals-on-wheels-l

But does Meals on Wheels rely on government grants to do its good work? There are hundreds of Meals on Wheels organizations around the country, so it's hard to generalize, but overwhelmingly, the groups get the majority of revenue from charitable giving, not government funds. In 2015, for instance, the national Meals on Wheels reported that government grants accounted for just 3 percent of its annual revenues of $7.5 million. Meals on Wheels for San Diego County in California says that government grants made up just 1.5 percent ($68,534) of its revenues of $4.4 million. Not all branches are so independent. Atlanta's group gets 48 percent of its revenue from government grants (none of the annual reports I looked at broke down exactly what level of government or specific program supplied the money). Many of the annual reports don't even break down revenues by source (see here) and others aren't even posted online.

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:
  • Block grants are essentially the cure all for all flu like symptoms.

What they are, is a cure for those pesky political accountability problems.  

Right now, if Washington passes a bill that cuts Medicaid, (or, worse yet, some program that pays taxpayers directly, like SS or Food Stamps), the voters will see it instantly, and know who to blame for it.  

But, set up a system where Washington sends the money to a state, and then the state pays for it.  Then have Washington decide, next year, to only send the state 90% of what it will cost, to maintain the same service, and it's easier for Washington to BS and claim that they didn't cut things.  

11 minutes ago, twa said:

If he is familiar with Meals on Wheels then he would know it doesn't rely only on federal funds

. . he declared, followed by a quote stating that the program doesn't get a majority of it's funds from the Feds.  

But, more to the point, why don't you try to actually defend the statement that the program does nothing.  Since that's the claim that the Trumpeters made, and which people are disagreeing with.  

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

His budget is going nowhere in the form it is now.  Wouldn't surprise me to be under a CR in October.  

Well, I assume a CR of some kind is guaranteed. Has Washington actually passed a budget, before the fiscal year began, in the last decade?  (Heck, in my lifetime?)

And I assume they'll pass PARTS of it. Assume they'll have no trouble passing a huge increase in the defense budget, for example. 

I feel like this thread and St. Patrick's Day require some Samuel Beckett quotes:

"Ever tried.

Ever failed.

No matter.

Try again.

Fail again.

Fail better."

Or maybe another one:

"There's man all over you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet."

Or perhaps most fitting for this administration:

"Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness."

5 hours ago, Hersh said:

Always gotta love POSs that own multiple properties (Trump and Bannon) that want to slash programs that positively impact the poor in so many ways. There will be push back on this from rural areas just like that has been on the health care proposals. His voters are finally going to feel the negative impact of their vote. 

What's wrong with that?  They voted for him; so now let them feel the full impact of what they voted for.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What's wrong with that?  They voted for him; so now let them feel the full impact of what they voted for.

You know that moment when they realize the reality of the situation? Doesn't exist. It'd be like that Kenyan Muslim ex-president of ours eatin' pork chops... Ain't never gonna happen.

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You know that moment when they realize the reality of the situation? Doesn't exist. It'd be like that Kenyan Muslim ex-president of ours eatin' pork chops... Ain't never gonna happen.

When some of those voters are staring at death, because Trump gutted all safety regulations; they'll wake up. Of course, it will be be to late then; but you wanted Trump- then you are going to have to live with the consequences of whatever he actually gets passed.

24 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

When some of those voters are staring at death, because Trump gutted all safety regulations; they'll wake up.

No they won't. It will be someone else's fault. The belligerent belief of liberal inferiority and complete detachment from reality is on display daily.

Nope, nope, only one thing is going to fix this mess. Time for a good old fashioned quelling.

When the going gets tough try half-heartedly once and give up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/tillerson-stresses-regional-cooperation-to-curb-north-koreas-weapons-programs/2017/03/16/4ec5e07c-09ab-11e7-bd19-fd3afa0f7e2a_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_tillerson-8a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.12363c794b8d

Tillerson says diplomacy with North Korea has ‘failed’; Pyongyang warns of war

TOKYO — The Trump administration made a clear break Thursday with diplomatic efforts to talk North Korea out of a nuclear confrontation, bringing the United States and its Asian allies closer to a military response than at any point in more than a decade.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!

6:52 AM · Mar 4, 2017

Anyone else pick up on the wording in this tweet.

He used the words good lawyer and not just lawyer.

Am i the only one who see's the irony in this?

Any lawyer can make a case with concrete evidence and facts, but only a "good" lawyer can make a case out of speculation and bull****. 

Archived