Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

22 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

I had planned to buy a new Denali 3500 in the next few years.  Actions like this will make me question that purchase.  I get what Trump has done is dumb and hurts people.  But a company doing this is the type of thing I consider when making a purchase.  It's actually one of the reasons I bought a new Tacoma a number of years ago.  At the time, they were the most "american made" manufacturer.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I had planned to buy a new Denali 3500 in the next few years.  Actions like this will make me question that purchase.  I get what Trump has done is dumb and hurts people.  But a company doing this is the type of thing I consider when making a purchase.  It's actually one of the reasons I bought a new Tacoma a number of years ago.  At the time, they were the most "american made" manufacturer.

I definitely understand the buy made in America sentiment. I’m trying to talk myself in a Tesla. Having said that, I object to Congress dragging these executives in and questioning what they did with the tax cut. 

22 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I definitely understand the buy made in America sentiment. I’m trying to talk myself in a Tesla. Having said that, I object to Congress dragging these executives in and questioning what they did with the tax cut. 

‘Don’t’ object?

Just now, visionary said:

‘Don’t’ object?

No, I actually do object. Either make tax cuts contingent on employing Americans or don’t be mad when a company does whatever they want with the money. They are trying to blame companies for doing exactly what economists predicted. The people at fault are the morons that passed this tax cut.

Companies aren’t going to invest in themselves, grow, innovate, add employees, or increase production if there is not a demand for it. 

Thats why a corporate tax cuts and trickle down economics never work. The tax cuts should go to the consumers who then pump that extra money into the economy creating the additional demand that causes companies to grow and expand or increase production etc 

if you just hand these guys money, of course they are going to pocket it. Like said above, the only way the trickle down would work is if it required a large percentage being put back into employee wages, new hires, expansion etc but that will never happen and just isn’t right or feasible to me 

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

No, I actually do object. Either make tax cuts contingent on employing Americans or don’t be mad when a company does whatever they want with the money. They are trying to blame companies for doing exactly what economists predicted. The people at fault are the morons that passed this tax cut.

Oh, I thought you meant the house doing it after Dems take control.

Archived