Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

3 minutes ago, twa said:

What lawsuit could he threaten her with pre-NDA?

Trump made a living threatening law suits and filing them, and coming out on top simply because other people couldn't afford the fight.

It's sort of the root of the whole "he's nothing but a bully" thing we've been trying to tell you about for 3 years now :)

"The President does not believe any of the claims made were accurate'

"There is nothing to corroborate her claim"

Not the statements you make when nothing happened. A simple she's lying would suffice in those circumstances.

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Trump made a living threatening law suits and filing them, and coming out on top simply because other people couldn't afford the fight.

It's sort of the root of the whole "he's nothing but a bully" thing we've been trying to tell you about for 3 years now :)

Which is why tort reform was needed, but that still doesn't answer my question. :)

Just now, twa said:

Which is why tort reform was needed, but that still doesn't answer my question. :)

When you look at the person being threatened, i don't know that the details matter. The threat is probably all that matters.

6 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Thomas Jefferson impregnated his late wife's 15 year old half sister.

Alexander Hamilton was blackmailed for having an affair with a married woman.

Benjamin Franklin often frequented brothels and extolled the benefits of sleeping with older women -because in the dark all women looked the same, but older women were "oh so grateful."

FDR had lots of affairs, including a long term one with his first cousin, and died in his favorite mistress's bed.

JFK shared a mistress with Sam Giancanna, head of organized crime in Chicago.

So many others...Harding, LBJ, Clinton, rumors of GHWB...

If there's one good thing that comes out of Stormy Daniels scandal, it's that hopefully Americans will grow up and stop obsessing over politicians' sexual proclivities.

I agree with your general point, but the FDR anecdotes are not accurate.  FDR did have an affair with Lucy Mercer and likely several others, but not with any first cousins, and he died in a living room with several other people around him.  

so when trump finally leaves office will there be a collective sign of relief and return to somewhat order with competence and respect for the importance of politics?

or are we just going to double down on this **** show?

37 minutes ago, twa said:

What lawsuit could he threaten her with pre-NDA?

Ummm... Slander?  Libel?  

Assuming of course that her story of the affair was false (as Cohen has repeatedly stated).

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

FDR and Eleanor Roosevelt were fifth cousins once removed.

Yes, but I think it was a referencs to Daisy Suckley, who was a far-distant cousin of FDR (and he probably did not have an affair with her anyway).

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

so when trump finally leaves office will there be a collective sign of relief and return to somewhat order with competence and respect for the importance of politics?

Depends.  Who is up next?  Pence in or he get taken down too?  Ryan in?  Or is he out because he likely knew too much.  How far down the chain do we get?

Mattis?  Maybe return to normalcy.

Also how do midterms go?  Do tons of far right judges get on the bench to muck up the system for a couple decades?  Or are they relatively few in number in the grand scheme of things and after midterms all the crazies stop getting on the bench?

Do people who left State come back?

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to spend a year just trying to, as best as possible, put everything back to the way it was on January 20, 2017, and then start moving forward again after that, but I'm doubtful that clock can be turned back.

I watched both women with Anderson Cooper. This is my takeaway and supposition.

Both women told largely the same account, although Stormy only had sex one time.  Both told of his modus operandi. That tells me that he's incapable of changing up his sexual style, and relies on the tried and true. 

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Depends if the GOP pays the political price for having done all this.  If they are able to wash their hands of Trump too easily, they will keep on trucking with the same old Fox/Rush/Breitbart/culture wars/immigrant bashing/veiled racism/Federalist Society/dishonesty/extreme partisanship stuff that has worked so well for them for the past 20 years.   

If they get trounced in a couple of elections, they might have pull back toward decency in order to return to relevancy.  

Unfortunately, I'm not counting on that happening.  They are too good at what they do in terms of driving the news cycle and getting out the base to vote, and they are WAY too good at dodging the blame for everything they have done in the past.

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Do tons of far right judges get on the bench to muck up the system for a couple decades?  Or are they relatively few in number in the grand scheme of things and after midterms all the crazies stop getting on the bench?

We are already quite far down that road, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Predicto said:

We are already quite far down that road, unfortunately.

I've been sort of willfully ignoring how many were getting on and just sort of hoping that the couple hundred is a small percentage of total judges and will be drowned out by more reasonable older picks.

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I've been sort of willfully ignoring how many were getting on and just sort of hoping that the couple hundred is a small percentage of total judges and will be drowned out by more reasonable older picks.

Nowhere has the Overton window applied so directly as in legal appointments.  Ever since W open politicized the judicial appointment process, the GOP only puts up extreme conservatives, directly vetted by the Federalist Society.  The Democrats only put up moderates, because the GOP blocks anyone with any possible connection to the left.  The GOP is organized and it never gives in. 

The result is a massive overall move to the right - and the ideological conservatives are much younger.  

Archived