Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I'm atheist, but appreciate how Western Judeo-Christian values have allowed us to create one of the safest places for intellectual, religious, and personal freedom in all of history (post Trump election hyperbole aside).

I'm not sure if you just believe the free market is evil in general or what, but it has lead to some of the greatest innovation and class mobility of all time if you are willing to put in the work for it (Protestant work ethic, another good value).

1 minute ago, Weganator said:

I'm not sure if you just believe the free market is evil in general or what, but it has lead to some of the greatest innovation and class mobility of all time if you are willing to put in the work for it (Protestant work ethic, another good value).

Are you responding to my post? Because I am one of the most hardcore proponents of free markets and free trade on this board.

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Ah ok. My mistake then.

And we are in sound agreement over the benefits of a market economy. Great minds think alike I suppose.

Flattery will get you everywhere haha. In regards to your post.

Tech is an interesting challenge. The fact that their business models require being able to reach so many people so easily means their revenue is driven by volume at absurd levels. The backlash from the 60%+ of national income that will disagree politically with you is too risky.

That plus in a saturated marketplace of technology where the whole business model is convenience, it takes about 5 mins for someone to switch you to another app where they fit inside the dogma.

Peter Thiel is the only conservative tech guy I know and PayPal is taking a killing to Venmo now because of his views this election.

Edit: nvm Venmo is also a Thiel company. Heard some people talking about it at the bar I worked at on the weekends pre election.. mobile, so bear with me if the link doesn't work. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/melmagazine.com/amp/p/c41a06a0982?client=ms-android-google

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This is a figment of your imagination and wholly dishonest as well.  You are not now, nor ever have been, "worried" about being sued for displaying religious imagery on your private property.  Absolutely nothing about this has any connection to reality. 

So, I have a display in my front yard with a pair of military boots and a cross.  Your telling me I never had anyone question me for displaying a "religious" symbol in my front yard (that's weird as I got a call from the HOA letting me know someone complained about it and wanted something done about it)?  I am personally NOT worried, you are right, why?  Because I really don't give a **** if it offends anyone!   But, I guess it was only a figment of my imagination, eh?

12 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This may be the worst year ever for Christmas. It's biggest supporter lost:

:rofl89:

Id like to take some pleasure in this, but I'm too busy filing lawsuits against all my neighbors that hung up Christmas decorations this year.

4 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

So, I have a display in my front yard with a pair of military boots and a cross.  Your telling me I never had anyone question me for displaying a "religious" symbol in my front yard (that's weird as I got a call from the HOA letting me know someone complained about it and wanted something done about it)?  I am personally NOT worried, you are right, why?  Because I really don't give a **** if it offends anyone!   But, I guess it was only a figment of my imagination, eh?

If you're in violation of your HOA, then you get a call from them.  If you try to put up a big old flagpole, you'll get a call then too.  And yes, for the record, I don't believe a word of your story.  Not one word...

Why any American would stand for an HOA is beyond me, anyway.

It's your land, why willingly give control over it to someone else?
It's just asking for problems.

Given the option to complain and control rather than mind their own business, guess what people will do?

~Bang

This is funny.  Had I said I was a married Gay couple and someone complained about my flag flown in my yard.  Most of you would fly into SJW rage, tell me to go after the people for being intolerant and then go into an anti-GOP rant about us being homophobic!  

However, because it happened to the other side, it is discounted as false, not real and impossible for such a tolerant group (progressives) to be so intolerant.  There is enough intolerance on both sides, whether you want to admit it or not.

6 minutes ago, Bang said:

Why any American would stand for an HOA is beyond me, anyway.

It's your land, why willingly give control over it to someone else?
It's just asking for problems.

Given the option to complain and control rather than mind their own business, guess what people will do?

~Bang

Thats right Bang!  Your neighbor is your enemy!   Communist organizations like an HOA are just front for anti-American groups that want to take away your Liberty.

7 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

This is funny.  Had I said I was a married Gay couple and someone complained about my flag flown in my yard.  Most of you would fly into SJW rage, tell me to go after the people for being intolerant and then go into an anti-GOP rant about us being homophobic!  

However, because it happened to the other side, it is discounted as false, not real and impossible for such a tolerant group (progressives) to be so intolerant.  There is enough intolerance on both sides, whether you want to admit it or not.

What a wondrous imagination you possess.

Nah, it's not about my neighbor being my enemy at all.. it's about I bought this land, my neighbor is contributing nothing, the entirety of the American Dream is to own your own home on your own land and not have to put up with outsiders controlling what you do on it beyond the laws of the state.

HOA = i don't own my home. i pay for it, but if i want to do anything with my own land, i need permission from my neighbors.

Screw that. i want a flower bed, i'll put one in, I want a vegetable garden out front where there's day long sun, I'll do it.

The only thing i need to make me a decent neighbor is my own sense of decency.

My neighbor isn't my enemy, But he's also not me, or my family, or any part of my home or does he hold any ownership of my land.

I don't want to tell him whether or not he can put up a flag or a cross, or a star of David, or anything.

good fences make good neighbors. Overbearing rules and committees don't.

~Bang

TTB- your denial of anything you disagree with or anything that happens outside that little bubble you live in shows your ignorance.  I really don't give a **** whether you do or don't agree or believew me!  However, you feel the need to directly come after me and question now my integrity, well, **** you and the little world you live in!

I guess I'm just being intolerant now!  

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I remeber being in San Francisco and seeing whole blocks full of rainbow flags flying in public property.  I wonder what would happen if a city a city flew confederate flags instead? 

Are we pretending that South Carolina is not a real place?

11 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

TTB- your denial of anything you disagree with or anything that happens outside that little bubble you live in shows your ignorance.  I really don't give a **** whether you do or don't agree or believew me!  However, you feel the need to directly come after me and question now my integrity, well, **** you and the little world you live in!

I guess I'm just being intolerant now!  

Actually...you're being petulant and disingenuous now.  Intolerant seems to be more of a perpetual state for you.

Archived