Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Pointing out, the Speaker was in Moscow, opening up diplomatic channels between the US and Russian legislative branches. 

(Which, I seem to remember, is actually illegal. That's the Executive branch's job.)

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

No, we wouldn't.  Because he is a Republican.  

That’s the insanity of it all. 

Our government is literally failing in front of our very eyes. The complicity of the Republican Congress has shown that the system of checks and balances is a failure at a time when it’s needed the most.

But, we are starting to see occasional signs that maybe a few people with R's after their names, are starting to come to the conclusion that maybe unanimously lying about things that are obvious to everybody might, in this one case, be costing them.  A little.  In some places.  

(And so they're beginning to experiment with a different lie.  Specifically, pretending that what's been going on is due to Trump, and not due to the entire GOP and their associated support systems, operating in coordinated unison.)  

(And the people who've been buying the previous lies, will buy that one, too.) 

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Many will. But the problem they have had from the start is they are splintering their base. It's the hard right Trump folks and then it's the rest. 

I'm not sure the rest are stupid enough or immoral enough to accept the lie and let them get away with it in the end. But I do think they are smart enough to realize that is the only way to salvage this situation and still be a "Republican" 

Not sure I'm I'm making sense but in my head it does. 

I think @TheGreatBuzz may understand what I'm saying as he's part of the group that wants to be a Republican but doesn't what to be what Republicans have become under Trump if I read him correctly. 

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

But, we are starting to see occasional signs that maybe a few people with R's after their names, are starting to come to the conclusion that maybe unanimously lying about things that are obvious to everybody might, in this one case, be costing them.  A little.  In some places.  

(And so they're beginning to experiment with a different lie.  Specifically, pretending that what's been going on is due to Trump, and not due to the entire GOP and their associated support systems, operating in coordinated unison.)  

They were always going to do this. It was always step 2 in their “useful idiot” scheme. Folks like my unfortunate Congressman have sat faithfully back allowing this whole mess to go on unchecked because it advanced their agenda. Then as soon as Trump outlives his usefulness or becomes to great of a liability then they’ll quietly wash their hands of him and pretend that they were simply trapped.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

They were always going to do this. It was always step 2 in their “useful idiot” scheme. Folks like my unfortunate Congressman have sat faithfully back allowing this whole mess to go on unchecked because it advanced their agenda. Then as soon as Trump outlives his usefulness or becomes to great of a liability then they’ll quietly wash their hands of him and pretend that they were simply trapped.

But they didn't just sit back and let Trump do things.  

Just for example, the GOP House created a special committee for the specific purpose of trying to cover up Trump's wrongdoings WRT Russia.  A committee which unanimously decided to ignore numerous potential witnesses, and then issued a report which, at least according to Right Wing Media, completely cleared Trump and associates of any wrongdoing whatsoever.  

(And that's id addition to the committee they tasked with generating a fake narrative that the entire FBI was overrun with liberal infiltratioin agents out to overthrow the duly elected American government, based on the stunning revelation that they found one FBI agent who told some Trump jokes to his girlfriend, when Trump was a candidate.)  

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Elections do have consequences, as a famous guy said....I won.

If his position weakens then movement in opposition will increase.

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

West Hollywood has voted to remove Doofus's star from the Walk of Fame because of his family separation policies and his multiple sexual assaults (disturbing treatment of women, officially).

So where do the homeless Take a Trump now?

You know hes going to add one to the white house lawn. 

31 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think @TheGreatBuzz may understand what I'm saying as he's part of the group that wants to be a Republican but doesn't what to be what Republicans have become under Trump if I read him correctly. 

It wasn't just under Trump.  That was just the breaking point.  I had growing frustrated for a while that there wasn't much conservative in the GOP.  That's why I get upset when people call the Right conservatives when the really mean GOP.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It wasn't just under Trump.  That was just the breaking point.  I had growing frustrated for a while that there wasn't much conservative in the GOP.  That's why I get upset when people call the Right conservatives when the really mean GOP.

Admittedly I still dont know when to say conservative and when to say Republican/ GOP. I get the difference, but they have been synonyms for me for so long I frequently fail to make the distinction. 

Archived